Page 73 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1145

Thread: The NBA

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This is true. But the Knicks still should have stopped him from that 3rd quarter bonanza. Keeping him under 40 points (which is still a great game) and the Knicks win.

And while I agree what Embid did, that play and kneeing Hartenstein in the groin, would have gotten any other player ejected, you have to keep playing. The Knicks should have been called in game two, but the 76ers gave up, looking for a foul instead of playing.
    To be perfectly honest, I was surprised Embiid wasn't tossed. Hell, I half waited for that to happen and was relieved when it didn't.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    To be perfectly honest, I was surprised Embiid wasn't tossed. Hell, I half waited for that to happen and was relieved when it didn't.
    I assume that if he does it in the next game, he will be.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I assume that if he does it in the next game, he will be.
    More than likely. The cynic in me suspects the Sixers were given a break last night after the refs blew those two late foul calls on Tyrese Maxey in game two.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    At the same time, not a big surprise. This Celtics team spent most of the season 1 in the East, bored, and they can definitely out dance you by way of 3 pointers, outfight you, please, that's not how they roll. We've seen them not get up and stay up in a series last season. Cats got paid like they did though, is what it is.

Bad look for D'Angelo Russell, your PG, not being in the huddle at the end. This Lakers demolition at the end of the season is going to be one to behold. Jokic 1 assist shy of a triple double and now he's got these hilarious Hotels.com commercials. Nuggets are moonwalking over LA.

Your Indiana Pacers haven't had a home playoff game in YEARS, this city used to have Pacers AND the lead up to the 500 going into May so it's good to be quasi back in a way. Yannis doubtful and these Bucks aren't built to run with this Pacer team. Now that first game jitters are out the way, happy hour game starts at 5:30, supwiththat.
    even back in the day, i've never seen a supposedly top level team getting molly-wopped by another team this badly. especially a franchise team like the lakers.

the nuggets just feel like a cohesive unit, from the starting five, to the bench, to the coach. compared to the lakers who just look like lebron, AD, and a bunch of guys slapped together and expected to be great. honestly, if you knew nothing b-ball and someone told you that lebron was the "goat", you'd look at them crazy.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Pressure on the Suns not choke in a critical game 3.
    https://noequipmentfitness.com/
    No Equipment Fitness is my Online Fitness website where you can purchase short no equipment workouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Pressure on the Suns not choke in a critical game 3.
    They did, losing 126-109 and are on the verge of getting swept.

Boston is blitzing Miami 63-39 at the half in game three.

Looks like twelfth time was the charm for the Lakers against the Nuggets

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Looks like twelfth time was the charm for the Lakers against the Nuggets
    At least it won't be a sweep.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Somewhere in the NBA, Commisioner Adam Silver breathed a sigh of relief, happy that the league's most famous player gets to play another day before Denver sends him home for the summer.

Sixers Knicks more or less tied after 3. who wins the 4th quarter?

Fantastic Member

Yep. Small victories. Last year was the most competitive sweep in history. This will be the most competitive 4-1 in history. The Lakers have had opportunities to win every game, just like last year. But the Nuggets are the better team (just like last year), so I don't feel bad about losing to them.

Incredible Member

Knicks do enough innthe 4th to take it in Philly. lead the series 3-1. Brunson has the highest scoring game in Knicks playoff history.

Knicks do enough innthe 4th to take it in Philly. lead the series 3-1. Brunson has the highest scoring game in Knicks playoff history.
    Didn’t help that the Sixers couldn’t throw the ball in the ocean from the beach in the last five minutes of regulation while Embiid was practically held scoreless (1 point) in the fourth quarter. My squad is cooked, this series is over.