Page 18 of 71 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thread: The NBA

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Things are looking dim for the Phoenix Sun's. How do the Mavs match up against the Warriors.?
    Luka and the Mysterions against the rebooted Dubs? I’m not sure Dallas would be able to keep up.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Weren't the 64 win Suns suppose to dominate the Mavericks? I don't know if we can predict this season.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Luka and the Mysterions against the rebooted Dubs? I’m not sure Dallas would be able to keep up.
    Mavs are 3 and 1 this season vs the Warriors.

Ultimate Member

Weren't the 64 win Suns suppose to dominate the Mavericks? I don't know if we can predict this season.
    If this is NOT the greatest choke job in NBA playoffs History..

This will be the 5th time a CP3 blew a 2-0 lead.
    Last edited by skyvolt2000; 05-15-2022 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Mavs are 3 and 1 this season vs the Warriors.
    I stand corrected. It’s amazing how Dallas is pummeling Phoenix.

Fantastic Member

I wonder if this the worst Game 7 doubleheader ever. Couple of very disappointing games for those of us who didn't have a dog in these fights

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by frankiedetroit View Post
    I wonder if this the worst Game 7 doubleheader ever. Couple of very disappointing games for those of us who didn't have a dog in these fights
    NOBODY could have forseen this...

https://twitter.com/DFWAirport/statu...10515642028033

DFW Airport taking shots a Devin Booker.

Fantastic Member

Among The Sporting News predictions for this season back in October:
    Zion Williamson leads the league in scoring
    Steve Nash is coach of the year
    Brooklyn tops the East; the Lakers top the West; Brooklyn wins it all
    Giannis is MVP

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    The Celtics handled business. Bring on Miami.
    Great series between the C’s and the Bucks. Giannis is a beast, much respect to him.

Celtics are back in the ECF. Boston stand up! C’s in 6 vs Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by frankiedetroit View Post
    Right. You would expect at least one game to go down to the wire. But both games had only one team show up.

Booker, Paul and Ayton combined for 1o less than Doncic alone.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 05-15-2022 at 07:47 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If this is NOT the greatest choke job in NBA playoffs History..

This will be the 5th time a CP3 blew a 2-0 lead.
    Ya that's like awful lol.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Very excited as I am a HUGE Celtics fan who is from Boston. The Heat will give a good fight but I see the Celtics in 5 or 6. Wow the Bucks are a great team and are very tough, they just did not show up today. As for the Suns vs Mavs...I am stunned. I understand the Mavs beat the Suns 3-1 in the regular season but this is the playoffs and the Suns were at home. Basically everyone picked the Suns. It just goes to show you sometimes home court is nothing when it comes to the better team. Chris Paul limping away seconds after the loss. Give it a break buddy no one is buying the act. Next it will be the refs. Love Paul but he is a bully who loves to cry. Love Booker but again did not show up. Luka is just that good and will be a top 3 star very soon. I am happy for the Mavs. What is it about #1 seed and home court again? Ya nothing. That's why the Celtics will beat the Heat.

Now the Mavs Warriors will be interesting. I will pick the Warriors right away just because of experience and having Steph alone. I do believe the Mavs have a good chance though.

If I had to call it now I am saying Warriors vs Celtics in the finals. Again, I am a huge huge huge Celtics fan but I believe that the Warriors and the experience alone will get them the title in the end. My God I hope I am wrong. I want the Celtics to win it so bad but seeing the Warriors and Steph in the finals is scary. No one predicted the Celtics would make it to the ECF and actually be as good as they are. The Celtics are a very good basketball team. The defense alone is what has got them here. Then you add Tatum getting hot in any game...BOOM they have a chance to win a championship. I am just not saying they will (yet) beat the Warriors in the finals.

Now with that all said I am calling it right now...next year with a healthy team the Celtics are winning a title in 2023.
    Last edited by InfamousBG; 05-15-2022 at 10:29 PM.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

One man's predictions for the conference finals:

EAST: Heat over Celtics in seven. People are sleeping on Miami who were the number one seed for a reason. The Heat doesn't have a superstar, but they're a team, and that means a lot

WEST: Warriors over Mavericks in six. Dallas' 3-1 regular season slate against Golden State means nothing in the postseason. Betting against Curry, Klay and Draymond is a fool's errand

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    One man's predictions for the conference finals:

EAST: Heat over Celtics in seven. People are sleeping on Miami who were the number one seed for a reason. The Heat doesn't have a superstar, but they're a team, and that means a lot

WEST: Warriors over Mavericks in six. Dallas' 3-1 regular season slate against Golden State means nothing in the postseason. Betting against Curry, Klay and Draymond is a fool's errand
    Yes, the Heat are a "team"...but the Celtics are as well and they can move the ball much better than the Heat. Being the #1 seed and home court means nothing in my opinion going forward outside of the actual championship finals. The Heat have played under the radar for awhile now and I believe they like it that way. Honestly if it was anyone outside of the Celtics right now, I would be picking the Heat but there is no way its going to game 7. The Celtics are going to the finals. Every player on that team is making an impact much more than all of the players on the Heat including Butler.

I agree with you on the Warriors just can bet against them. With that said I would have said the same with the Suns going into this last series against the Mavs.

Going to be a fun few weeks of basketball no matter who wins. I am excited.

The NFL comes to mind after watching these 7 game series. It's funny how a team can completely dominate another one game, and then collapse the next. If you just look at yesterday, you would say the Mavs were just so much better than the Suns. But we know the Suns were stronger in other games.
    But in the NFL we just get the one game. When one team wins big we say they were a much better team. But isn't it that they were just better that day? Of course it's the day that counts, but another day, it might have gone the other way.
    The regular season bears this out.