Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 89

Thread: The NBA

  1. #16
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    5,676

    Default

    Thanks for the info on Simmons. I heard a little about it but needed more info from people who knew more. Ever NBA thing I have seen has been about Kylie or the big 3 in LA.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  2. #17
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    25,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Thanks for the info on Simmons. I heard a little about it but needed more info from people who knew more. Ever NBA thing I have seen has been about Kylie or the big 3 in LA.
    The mess with Irving is a whole different bag of ferrets. He ran himself out of Cleveland (couldn't handle being Robin to Lebron's Batman), alienated everyone in Boston, and now he's made an ass of himself with his anti-vaxx stance in Brooklyn. Irving's a million dollar talent with a ten cent head.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  3. #18
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    5,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The mess with Irving is a whole different bag of ferrets. He ran himself out of Cleveland (couldn't handle being Robin to Lebron's Batman), alienated everyone in Boston, and now he's made an ass of himself with his anti-vaxx stance in Brooklyn. Irving's a million dollar talent with a ten cent head.
    That is one thing I did hear about and know about. He is so stupid. I remember about his time in Cleveland because my friend lives there.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  4. #19
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    5,676

    Default

    Boston and New York going to overtime. This has been a fun game to watch I have that old school feeling for Boston.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  5. #20
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Boston and New York going to overtime. This has been a fun game to watch I have that old school feeling for Boston.
    And the Knicks are worth watching again. Tibs has done wonders.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  6. #21
    Incredible Member InfamousBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Boston and New York going to overtime. This has been a fun game to watch I have that old school feeling for Boston.
    Ya it was a fun game. The Knicks can actually play ball again for the first time in a long time.
    DC: Batman, Detective Comics, The Flash, Superman, Adventure Comics, Justice League, Robin, Green Lantern
    MARVEL: Avengers, Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Captain America, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Moon Knight, Miles Morales

    BRING BACK THE JSA!!!!

    The Punisher...damn I miss Frank.

  7. #22
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    25,775

    Default

    My Sixers put the Ben Simmons drama aside and made short work of New Orleans 117-97 in their season opener last night. Joel Embiid led the way with 22 points while Tobias Harris and sophomore guard Tyrese Maxey chipped in with 20 apiece and Furkan Korkmaz added 22 off the bench along with new backup center Andre Drummond banging the boards to the tune of 17 rebounds. A pretty solid effort.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  8. #23
    Fantastic Member cable guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My Sixers put the Ben Simmons drama aside and made short work of New Orleans 117-97 in their season opener last night. Joel Embiid led the way with 22 points while Tobias Harris and sophomore guard Tyrese Maxey chipped in with 20 apiece and Furkan Korkmaz added 22 off the bench along with new backup center Andre Drummond banging the boards to the tune of 17 rebounds. A pretty solid effort.
    I'm excited to see what Maxey can do in his 2nd season. Last night was a great start.

  9. #24
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    25,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    I'm excited to see what Maxey can do in his 2nd season. Last night was a great start.
    Well, it looks like Maxey is going to get an extended audition as I got an alert from Bleacher Report saying Ben the Baby will be out indefinitely as he's said to be "not mentally ready to play". Fine by me, I have no desire to see Simmons in a Sixer uniform anytime soon, if never again.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  10. #25
    Fantastic Member cable guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, it looks like Maxey is going to get an extended audition as I got an alert from Bleacher Report saying Ben the Baby will be out indefinitely as he's said to be "not mentally ready to play". Fine by me, I have no desire to see Simmons in a Sixer uniform anytime soon, if never again.
    That and getting treatment for his back.

  11. #26
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    946

    Default

    the 80s and 90s were the last best of times for the NBA. Once the 2000s hit and globalization of the NBA, it's tanked in my mind. For some reason, there are no American farm caucasian boys from Indiana playing in the league. Instead it's European transplants. Also, what happened to the big man? I miss the days of David Robinson, Shaq, Hakeem and others plugging the middle. Now the center position is no different than the forward position and you've got guys like Dirk Novitiski hitting 3's.

  12. #27
    Extraordinary Member Hiromi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,220

    Default

    The NBA's 75th anniversary team

  13. #28
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,533

    Default

    Jokic still is a beast, much to the chagrin of the the larger NBA media who can't stand that he won MVP or the chance he could even repeat. That is all.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "“Your boos mean nothing, I’ve seen what makes you cheer!”

  14. #29
    Superior Member chicainery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    So if there are any other fans casual or hardcore let me know
    I once would have considered myself hardcore, but now I don't even have any tv channels that the NBA comes on except for the occasional ABC game.

    I was originally a Chicago Bulls fan because of Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen. Later on I followed Tim Duncan and the Spurs as well as Lebron James and the Cavs/Heat/Cavs. I still follow Lebron on the Lakers, but a lot of other players have got me excited for this season.

  15. #30
    Superior Member chicainery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Jokic still is a beast, much to the chagrin of the the larger NBA media who can't stand that he won MVP or the chance he could even repeat. That is all.
    Yes he is! He's also got a great nickname.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •