Page 21 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: The NBA

Well, barring a 4th quarter Texas miracle the WCF is a wrap. Even with Klay missing even more shots than the Mavericks through 3 it's slipping away.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Well, barring a 4th quarter Texas miracle the WCF is a wrap. Even with Klay missing even more shots than the Mavericks through 3 it's slipping away.
    Final score: Dubs 109-100. While Dallas might muster enough pride to win game four and avoid a sweep, Golden State is Finals bound. Nothing's gonna stop that train.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

It'll be a sweep, and frankly, I don't see Boston or Miami beating GS. Which is too bad, I am bored with them.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Got an alert from Bleacher Report that the Lakers are hoping to somehow land Glenn Rivers (I refuse to call him “Doc”, only one man in Philly deserves that nickname, and his last name is Erving) this off-season. While I’ve washed my hands of Rivers who hasn’t gotten the Sixers to the Finals and has the gall to act smug since he’s living off his one and only title from 2008, I worry that if Rivers were to leave, GM Daryl Morey might bring in Mike D’Antoni, one of his buddies from back when they were in Houston as the new head coach, and that would be an awful choice.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Must win for the Celtics tonight. No matter who comes out of the east, Golden State is winning this whole thing.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

End of 1st, Boston up 29-11, looks like it's their night. Series will be tied.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Not over yet but I hope you are right about tonight.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Fantastic Member

The way these series are going, Miami might have Boston right where they want them! But yeah, it's 47-23 now...we just cannot have a well-played-on-both-sides game. Why do these teams hate nail biters???!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher
    Got an alert from Bleacher Report that the Lakers are hoping to somehow land Glenn Rivers (I refuse to call him “Doc”, only one man in Philly deserves that nickname, and his last name is Erving) this off-season. While I’ve washed my hands of Rivers who hasn’t gotten the Sixers to the Finals and has the gall to act smug since he’s living off his one and only title from 2008, I worry that if Rivers were to leave, GM Daryl Morey might bring in Mike D’Antoni, one of his buddies from back when they were in Houston as the new head coach, and that would be an awful choice.
    I do not see why in the hell we would want Doc Rivers. Last I saw, Juwan had wisely turned it down and we had three other candidates, none of them Doc. Mike D'Antoni was one of the worst things that ever happened to the Lakers. It was Kobe in his GM phase. I don't wish him on anyone.

Tatum didn't show up for the last game, Butler is invisible in this one.

Tatum didn't show up for the last game, Butler is invisible in this one.
    Butler is ailing, it's probably a wrap for him the rest of the season. That said the rest of the team was historically bad. No Herro was a blow but at least in game 3 you got something out Strus. He dropped a big fat goose egg last night along with his 15 minutes. Bam only had nine points! After doing the Olajuwon thing in game 3... Lowry... dude you can't have 3 points in a road game. I was looking forward to this game too. Warriors gonna get quite the rest before the Finals start.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

The Warriors are becoming the Patriots of the NBA, it's tiresome and boring.

The Warriors are becoming the Patriots of the NBA, it's tiresome and boring.
    True...but wouldn't it be nice if a team like the Celtics surprised everyone and beat them? I think so and not just because I am from Boston. I am just a HUGE NBA fan.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    True...but wouldn't it be nice if a team like the Celtics surprised everyone and beat them? I think so and not just because I am from Boston. I am just a HUGE NBA fan.
    I actually think the Warriors are a great story. They would've won in '19 if KD hadn't been injured. Then injuries did them in for two seasons. Now they're back and I think it's refreshing to see them playing well.

Nice if Boston beat them? Sure. The league is looking for stars to be the face of the league once Steph and Bron retire. Maybe Jayson Tatum and his adorable son could be next in line.

Also, I don't think it would be a surprise. Boston and GS had opposite seasons. The Warriors got off to a great start -- they were battling Phoenix for best record -- until injuries slowed them down. Boston did the opposite. And if it wasn't for two quarters, they would already be in the Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by frankiedetroit View Post
    I actually think the Warriors are a great story. They would've won in '19 if KD hadn't been injured. Then injuries did them in for two seasons. Now they're back and I think it's refreshing to see them playing well.

Nice if Boston beat them? Sure. The league is looking for stars to be the face of the league once Steph and Bron retire. Maybe Jayson Tatum and his adorable son could be next in line.

Also, I don't think it would be a surprise. Boston and GS had opposite seasons. The Warriors got off to a great start -- they were battling Phoenix for best record -- until injuries slowed them down. Boston did the opposite. And if it wasn't for two quarters, they would already be in the Finals.
    I agree with you. I just think the Warriors vs Celtics would be more entertaining than Warriors vs Heat. I love the Celtics and do think they could have a chance against the Warriors but in the end Golden State is taking the whole thing.

I am actually surprised the Mavs won a game.