Page 19 of 68 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: The NBA

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Watching how Phoenix collapsed last night was just staggering. For emphasis, Luka scored as many points in the first half (27) by himself as the Suns did collectively. And the second half was worse, Chris Paul looked like he was 47 instead of 37, Devin Booker acted like a beaten man and Deandre Ayton was nowhere to be found, benched from all indications as that game was in garbage time before the final quarter started. The entire Phoenix organization, from the front office, the coaching staff and down to the last man on the bench will have to do a whole lot of soul searching in the off-season, because that debacle was both embarrassing and humiliating.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Fantastic Member

I am a Lakers fan, so it burns my soul to say this, but I think the Celtics will get #18. A good defensive team always defeats a good offensive team in a 7-game series. And even more so when the good defensive team has someone like Jayson Tatum to get buckets.

Quote Originally Posted by frankiedetroit View Post
    I am a Lakers fan, so it burns my soul to say this, but I think the Celtics will get #18. A good defensive team always defeats a good offensive team in a 7-game series. And even more so when the good defensive team has someone like Jayson Tatum to get buckets.
    I agree and hope we are both right. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CELTICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Eastern Finals is going to be a rock fight. Lowry is gonna have to be a factor and he won't be in the Heat lineup in Game 1. Gotta pick the Celts.
    Celts/Mavs to me is the better Finals matchup. Good chance Looney and Green could look as ineffectual as the Suns bigs against Luka.

The tankathon site gets it's day in the sun tonight with the NBA Lottery as well.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

So the Heat, whom I was told by all the Boston Sports Radio folks, could not match up against the Celtics, took game one by 11 points. With Butler going over 40.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So the Heat, whom I was told by all the Boston Sports Radio folks, could not match up against the Celtics, took game one by 11 points. With Butler going over 40.
    And Miami blitzed the Celts 39-14 in the third quarter to take control of the game.

Butler and the Heat dominated Boston in the 3rd quarter. Tatum had way too man turn overs. No excuses for Boston. They will show up for the next game. Brown and Tatum will play much smarter. Horford could be out for 2 more days. Smart I am not sure of yet.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

The Mavs look overwhelmed by the Warriors.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The Mavs look overwhelmed by the Warriors.
    That much is obvious. Now it's up to Jason Kidd to make adjustments for game two, if he can't, this series won't last very long.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That much is obvious. Now it's up to Jason Kidd to make adjustments for game two, if he can't, this series won't last very long.
    If the Warriors can keep handling Doncic like they did in this game, they have zero chance.

If the Warriors can keep handling Doncic like they did in this game, they have zero chance.
    Big if. Keeping Luka in check for the rest of the series is a tall order.

Regarding tonight’s game two of Heat-Celtics, Marcus Smart is said to be a game time decision while Al Horford might be out again for Boston.

I thought Steph Curry's strutting after hitting a 3 was a bit much. It is not a big deal for Steph to sink a three and they were already way ahead. It's not like it tied the game or got them the lead.

Fantastic Member

I thought Steph Curry's strutting after hitting a 3 was a bit much. It is not a big deal for Steph to sink a three and they were already way ahead. It's not like it tied the game or got them the lead.
    Agreed - though that's been Steph's reaction for many years now.

I'm certain both Boston and Dallas will turn things around. Boston basically had one (very) bad quarter. I knew Miami played good D, but didn't know they swarmed like that.

Golden State is winning this whole thing guys. The Mavs do have a chance but I see The Warriors in 5 or 6.

Yes I think the Celtics will turn it around even if they lose tonight against the Heat (if Smart plays even 70 % and Tatum or Brown go off the Celtics got this game).

The Warriors against Celtics in the finals. Warriors in 6. I hope I am wrong and Boston wins it all but it is all about health and experience and the Warriors have both.

Brown and the Celtics are lighting up the Heat. Might be one of those seesaw series.