Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: The NBA

Thanks for the info on Simmons. I heard a little about it but needed more info from people who knew more. Ever NBA thing I have seen has been about Kylie or the big 3 in LA.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Thanks for the info on Simmons. I heard a little about it but needed more info from people who knew more. Ever NBA thing I have seen has been about Kylie or the big 3 in LA.
    The mess with Irving is a whole different bag of ferrets. He ran himself out of Cleveland (couldn't handle being Robin to Lebron's Batman), alienated everyone in Boston, and now he's made an ass of himself with his anti-vaxx stance in Brooklyn. Irving's a million dollar talent with a ten cent head.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The mess with Irving is a whole different bag of ferrets. He ran himself out of Cleveland (couldn't handle being Robin to Lebron's Batman), alienated everyone in Boston, and now he's made an ass of himself with his anti-vaxx stance in Brooklyn. Irving's a million dollar talent with a ten cent head.
    That is one thing I did hear about and know about. He is so stupid. I remember about his time in Cleveland because my friend lives there.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Boston and New York going to overtime. This has been a fun game to watch I have that old school feeling for Boston.

Boston and New York going to overtime. This has been a fun game to watch I have that old school feeling for Boston.
    And the Knicks are worth watching again. Tibs has done wonders.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ya it was a fun game. The Knicks can actually play ball again for the first time in a long time.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

My Sixers put the Ben Simmons drama aside and made short work of New Orleans 117-97 in their season opener last night. Joel Embiid led the way with 22 points while Tobias Harris and sophomore guard Tyrese Maxey chipped in with 20 apiece and Furkan Korkmaz added 22 off the bench along with new backup center Andre Drummond banging the boards to the tune of 17 rebounds. A pretty solid effort.

My Sixers put the Ben Simmons drama aside and made short work of New Orleans 117-97 in their season opener last night. Joel Embiid led the way with 22 points while Tobias Harris and sophomore guard Tyrese Maxey chipped in with 20 apiece and Furkan Korkmaz added 22 off the bench along with new backup center Andre Drummond banging the boards to the tune of 17 rebounds. A pretty solid effort.
    I'm excited to see what Maxey can do in his 2nd season. Last night was a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    I'm excited to see what Maxey can do in his 2nd season. Last night was a great start.
    Well, it looks like Maxey is going to get an extended audition as I got an alert from Bleacher Report saying Ben the Baby will be out indefinitely as he's said to be "not mentally ready to play". Fine by me, I have no desire to see Simmons in a Sixer uniform anytime soon, if never again.

Well, it looks like Maxey is going to get an extended audition as I got an alert from Bleacher Report saying Ben the Baby will be out indefinitely as he's said to be "not mentally ready to play". Fine by me, I have no desire to see Simmons in a Sixer uniform anytime soon, if never again.
    That and getting treatment for his back.

Mighty Member

the 80s and 90s were the last best of times for the NBA. Once the 2000s hit and globalization of the NBA, it's tanked in my mind. For some reason, there are no American farm caucasian boys from Indiana playing in the league. Instead it's European transplants. Also, what happened to the big man? I miss the days of David Robinson, Shaq, Hakeem and others plugging the middle. Now the center position is no different than the forward position and you've got guys like Dirk Novitiski hitting 3's.

The NBA's 75th anniversary team

Jokic still is a beast, much to the chagrin of the the larger NBA media who can't stand that he won MVP or the chance he could even repeat. That is all.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

So if there are any other fans casual or hardcore let me know
    I once would have considered myself hardcore, but now I don't even have any tv channels that the NBA comes on except for the occasional ABC game.

I was originally a Chicago Bulls fan because of Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen. Later on I followed Tim Duncan and the Spurs as well as Lebron James and the Cavs/Heat/Cavs. I still follow Lebron on the Lakers, but a lot of other players have got me excited for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Jokic still is a beast, much to the chagrin of the the larger NBA media who can't stand that he won MVP or the chance he could even repeat. That is all.
    Yes he is! He's also got a great nickname.