Page 31 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: The NBA

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I wonder if some will change their # out of respect?
    That would be a classy move.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I wonder if some will change their # out of respect?
    I think that if Lebron changes his number, the others might follow his example.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Unfortunately players already wearing #6 can continue to do so, it only prevents teams form issuing anyone else the #6, so LeBron will still be able to wear his #6 next season, and there are somewhere around 15-20 other players who currently have #6 and can keep wearing it.

-M
    I'm pretty sure anyone wearing Jackie Robinson's number when MLB retired it could still wear it until they ended playing in it as well. That's not exactly a new thing.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I'm pretty sure anyone wearing Jackie Robinson's number when MLB retired it could still wear it until they ended playing in it as well. That's not exactly a new thing.
    I didn't like it then either. If a number is retired, retire it, don't half-ass it. If they're wearing #6 at least make them wear 06 instead.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Fantastic Member

I don't have any problem with players grandfathered in on No. 6, but this is a great way to honor Russ.

Mariano Rivera of the Yankees was the last player to wear No. 42 in the MLB.

Incredible Member

KD isn't going anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    KD isn't going anywhere

Or it means they haven't been getting the types of offers they wanted for them because everyone knew Durant wanted out and they had no leverage in negotiations. Announce he's staying, and some teams who wanted him might start upping their offers. You see these kinds of ploys all the time in negotiations. Take the offer off the table to see if you can get more form the other side.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

A bad break for the young man.

The best and most underrated free agent signing is Golden State signing Donte Divincenzo

Donovan Mitchel has been traded to the Cavs for three first round picks and two pick swaps. I expect Knick fans to start rioting at any moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Donovan Mitchel has been traded to the Cavs for three first round picks and two pick swaps. I expect Knick fans to start rioting at any moment.
    At first, but the trade also included Lauri Markkanen, Ochai Agbaji, Collin Sexton. That means they wanted #1s, Barrett and at least another good player. Too steep for a player who is very good but isn't top 5 elite.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Fantastic Member

Yes, Knicks fans thought they had it in the bag. But my belief is, had Donovan come to NYC, he would have led them to the eighth seed where they would've been summarily eliminated. Just like every other Knick post-Ewing playoff run. Until Dolan is gone, no one wants to play for them.

Wow, a trade. The Cavaliers already had a very promising young core with Garland, Allen and Mobley (those two towers inside are throwback deadly) and now they add a bonafide all-star franchise player of Mitchell’s caliber.

Sexton having a serious injury and season ending surgery last year is kind of a gamble for the Jazz but they’re in full rebuild mode anyways.

The Cavs are probably elevating themselves to become something like a #5 or #6 seed in the East and the future is bright for them. If they can also get Ricky Rubio back to top shape, having Garland, Mitchell and Rubio will make for a great backcourt.

No comments about the Knicks.

Hell of a deal for Mitchell. It looks like Danny Ainge is repeating the game plan he used in Boston to tear down the Celtics to the foundation, then rebuild the team from the ground up.