Page 42 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: The NBA

he was, and historically has a reputation of being prickly, but he either got over it or was able to put it aside for the sake of the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    he was, and historically has a reputation of being prickly, but he either got over it or was able to put it aside for the sake of the moment
    I dont know how over it he got. The man didnt crack a smile for more then two seconds the whole night. I mean he wasnt a jerk about it. But from looking he did not look too pleased about it either.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Just got an alert, the Lakers have traded Russell Westbrook in a huge three team trade with the Jazz and Timberwolves, Lakers will get D’Angelo Russell, Malik Beasley and Jarred Vanderbilt, the Timberwolves get Mike Conley, Nickeil Alexander-Walker and some picks, and the Jazz get Westbrook, Juan Toscano-Anderson, Damian Jones and a Lakers 2027 first round pick, yet another disastrous Russ experiment draws to a close

Fantastic Member

Just got an alert, the Lakers have traded Russell Westbrook in a huge three team trade with the Jazz and Timberwolves, Lakers will get D’Angelo Russell, Malik Beasley and Jarred Vanderbilt, the Timberwolves get Mike Conley, Nickeil Alexander-Walker and some picks, and the Jazz get Westbrook, Juan Toscano-Anderson, Damian Jones and a Lakers 2027 first round pick, yet another disastrous Russ experiment draws to a close
    This is a Lakers pick up I can get behind. Doesn't make us world beaters but also doesn't bring in unrealistic expectations (or way too much drama). I also liked D'Angelo in his initial Lakers run, though it ended quite messily when he revealed too much about Nick Young's affairs.

hits keep rolling in, Kevin Durant is being traded to the Suns for Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder, and four 1st round picks and a pick swap

hits keep rolling in, Kevin Durant is being traded to the Suns for Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder, and four 1st round picks and a pick swap
    Holy crap, Phoenix didn't even have to give up Ayton?

Gonna miss Mikal & Cam.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Son of a bitch! Didn't see THAT coming! The Nets just plain blew everything up! Two years ago, they were a threat to win it all, today, they're looking like a participant in this spring's Draft Lottery! Talk about insane!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Lakers have traded Patrick Beverly and a second round pick to the Magic for Mo Bamba, think thats about all the addition by subtraction they can manage

Clippers Rockets and Grizzlies had a three team deal where the Clippers get Eric Gordon, Grizzlies get Luke Kennard, and the Rockets get John Wall and Danny Green

Thunder traded Darius Bazley to the Suns for Dario Saric and a second rounder

Charlotte just traded Mason Plumlee to the Clippers for Reggie Jackson

Golden State is trading a second rounder the Blazers for Gary Payton II

This trade deadline has been about as good as I've seen in a while
    Last edited by Hiromi; 02-09-2023 at 12:54 PM.

Well the Suns just got a lot better and the West became a hell of a lot more competitive. Wow. Really thought the Nets were trying to rebuild with Durant as the core but I guess instead they are blowing it up and rebuilding from the ground up. Inevitable it would happen at some point but sheesh.

Meanwhile the Warriors made a big, albeit less sexy, trade which sends Wiseman to the Detroit Pistons, Saddiq Bey heading to the Atlanta Hawks, and five future second-round picks to the Warriors. Reportedly the Warriors are also pursuing Anunoby from the Raptors. Hmmm.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 02-09-2023 at 12:53 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I imagine they talked to Durant and he made it clear he wanted out again

A lot of big moves. Forget Super Bowl Week. Its NBA Week.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Yeah the fact that the NBA is getting sports media focus a few days from the superbowl means Adam Silver must be in heaven right now

edit Also the buyout market is going to be really good this year so some high impact signings are probably coming as well
    Last edited by Hiromi; 02-09-2023 at 02:03 PM.

Fantastic Member

Read a Wall Street Journal article about how teams aren't tanking for Victor Wembayana. They attribute it to he different mechanisms the league has put in place, like adding the play-in game and making it harder for the worst team to get the top pick. I also wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with Victor. I wish him the best, of course. A long, fruitful, healthy career. But man, who was the last 7-4 player to have that? Manute Bol wasn't good, but he had six or seven years. Shawn Bradley was serviceable at best and he was hurt all the time. Mark Eaton was a defensive presence and had a long, healthy career. Rik Smits played a long time, but was hurt a lot. I don't know if Boban is injured or just doesn't play. Of players who were expected to be good, Yao was solid but missed a ton of games before injuries ended his career. Ralph Sampson was good too, but then injuries derailed him prematurely.

So it's not a huge pool, but I'd be worried about Victor's longevity. Even so, I hope he's a taller KD. Or a taller Kyrie. Whatever, I look forward to seeing him in the league and hope he can stay healthy and have a great career.

I really hope the Suns stay healthy so they can win the West and face the Celtics in the playoffs. I will pay top $ to watch all of the Suns players faces as they see themselves getting destroyed by Boston.

Suuuuuuuure it wont happen. LOL. Be ready.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

At 34-24, the Nets are currently the 5th seed in the East. But, with both Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving gone, how long before the wheels fall off and Brooklyn falls out of the playoff hunt?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!