Page 70 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1109

Thread: The NBA

[QUOTE=Surf;6788410]Shoutout to Blake Griffin, last in the line of the former NBA's Shaun Kemp lineage. Don't forget last season, or season before last he was the Nets best option in game 4 or 5 the last year Durant was there during that Playoff series. He just ran out of gas.

The second in-game dunk on the great Gasol, HOF'er and Champion Pau Gasol, was the sickest bang in a career of sick dunks on people. The shove by Jordan used to take me out. Deandre damn near tore his knee up after Gasol fell into him. Pau Gasol was quoted at the time 'it was assult' or something to that effect. I laughed out loud, he wasn't wrong.

Now Kia's are everywhere. Happy retirement.

He was one of my favorite players in the NBA when he was with the Clippers. I'm a Pistons fan and it was sad to see how he was when he went to Detroit....

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Do tell. I thought he retired several years ago.
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That's so mean, WPP!!!!!! :P

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

[QUOTE=hyped78;6788432]
    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Shoutout to Blake Griffin, last in the line of the former NBA's Shaun Kemp lineage. Don't forget last season, or season before last he was the Nets best option in game 4 or 5 the last year Durant was there during that Playoff series. He just ran out of gas.

The second in-game dunk on the great Gasol, HOF'er and Champion Pau Gasol, was the sickest bang in a career of sick dunks on people. The shove by Jordan used to take me out. Deandre damn near tore his knee up after Gasol fell into him. Pau Gasol was quoted at the time 'it was assult' or something to that effect. I laughed out loud, he wasn't wrong.

Now Kia's are everywhere. Happy retirement.

He was one of my favorite players in the NBA when he was with the Clippers. I'm a Pistons fan and it was sad to see how he was when he went to Detroit....

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That's so mean, WPP!!!!!! :P
    Didn’t mean to be. I just couldn’t remember the last time he played.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

[QUOTE=WestPhillyPunisher;6788629]
    Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post

Honestly, I know he played last year for the Celtics (I saw him playing on some games - but garbage minutes), but I don't know where he was playing this year (if he even played this year, that is)

Celtics? I didn’t even know that!

Celtics? I didn’t even know that!
    Deep bench though, garbage minutes

thats because he spent the majority of his post Clippers time in Basketball Siberia aka Detroit, and then went to the Nets and naturally was completely overshadowed by the drama(even though he kinda returned to form there a bit), and he barely did anything on the Celtics

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    thats because he spent the majority of his post Clippers time in Basketball Siberia aka Detroit, and then went to the Nets and naturally was completely overshadowed by the drama(even though he kinda returned to form there a bit), and he barely did anything on the Celtics
    HEY! I'm a Pistons fan, you're hurting my feelings there (kidding, I know we suck)

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    HEY! I'm a Pistons fan, you're hurting my feelings there (kidding, I know we suck)
    It's not just that he went there, he also completely stopped trying there, he wasn't even dunking anymore, which he IMMEDIATELY started doing again after going to the Nets

It's not just that he went there, he also completely stopped trying there, he wasn't even dunking anymore, which he IMMEDIATELY started doing again after going to the Nets
    I remember him bricking a lot of 3-pointers in Detroit...

Heat beat the Bills without Butler. But I can't see them giving trouble to the Celtics. Boston in 4 or 5.
    The 76ers v Knicks will be all about how healthy Embid really is.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Pelicans managed to beat the Kings, and likewise I don't see them giving OKC much trouble without Zion

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Heat beat the Bills without Butler. But I can't see them giving trouble to the Celtics. Boston in 4 or 5.
    The 76ers v Knicks will be all about how healthy Embid really is.
    Pelicans managed to beat the Kings, and likewise I don't see them giving OKC much trouble without Zion
    Besides those two series and the Denver x Lakers series, I think the other 5 series are toss-ups, or close to it

Just finished watching Cavs x Magic game 1. Low scoring game (Magic didn't even get to 85 points), solid Cavs game always leading from coast to coast. The Magic got it within 4 points at some point but they could never take the lead. Donovan Mitchell looked tired at times but he had a great game to lead the Cavs

Embid looks like he is done as the Knicks turn it up and lead at the half. Came down on that bad knee on a dunk.
    I am rooting for the Knicks, but wanted them to beat them with Embid. Feel bad for him and the 76ers
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Embid looks like he is done as the Knicks turn it up and lead at the half. Came down on that bad knee on a dunk.
    I am rooting for the Knicks, but wanted them to beat them with Embid. Feel bad for him and the 76ers
    Damned frustrating.