Page 10 of 76 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: The NBA

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    He's still the best player on the Lakers. The problem was letting LeBron and Rich Paul apparently run the Lakers personal decisions.

You need to have a strong executive office to deal with Lebron. Pat Riley didn't let LeBron run the show. Notice, LeBron had his greatest success in Miami.
    Yep, Magic Johnson seen what was happening and he got the hell out of there. The Lakers have gotten rid of a lot of good young players at LeBron’s request. I think they should trade LeBron while he is still worth something.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tarbabe View Post
    Yep, Magic Johnson seen what was happening and he got the hell out of there. The Lakers have gotten rid of a lot of good young players at LeBron’s request. I think they should trade LeBron while he is still worth something.
    They need to trade Day to Davis, too, while they're at it. They'll never win with him as the best or even second-best player because he can't stay healthy and is too soft when he is healthy.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    They need to trade Day to Davis, too, while they're at it. They'll never win with him as the best or even second-best player because he can't stay healthy and is too soft when he is healthy.
    Good point.
    The Lakers need a total rebuild, need to get rid of James and Davis and be aggressive in free agency.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Nice. I call him Mr. Glass.

Back in 2018, I wanted the Lakers to get Davis and I didn't want LeBron. I didn't know Davis was so fragile and I figured LeBron would follow in the footsteps of other old-timers who joined the team (Nash, Karl Malone, Kobe in his last two years) and be hurt all the time. My thoughts were AD would team with all the young talent the Lakers had -- Lonzo, Josh Hart, Julius Randle, Brandon Ingram, Jordan Clarkson, KCP, Kuz -- and be the leader/superstar/glue they needed. I can't say how it would've turned out -- but I'm guessing he'd still be hurt all the time and we likely wouldn't have won in 2020.

I'm still a fan of LeBron and AD -- LeBron has to be the greatest physical specimen to ever play the game -- but this team is just a mess. Many of us questioned what the hell they were doing with their offseason pickups and our fears have been borne out. I thought they'd be about 47-35, in sixth place. Hard to believe they are significantly worse than that...
    Last edited by frankiedetroit; 03-02-2022 at 05:08 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

James Harden's first home game with the Sixers went well as Philly beat the Knicks 123-108 last night. The Beard came close to another triple double with 26 points, 9 rebounds and 9 assists while Joel Embiid led the scoring with 27 points and 12 rebounds. I know it's very early and Harden's only played three games with his new team, but damn, he's sure looked good so far!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by frankiedetroit View Post
    Nice. I call him Mr. Glass.

Back in 2018, I wanted the Lakers to get Davis and I didn't want LeBron. I didn't know Davis was so fragile and I figured LeBron would follow in the footsteps of other old-timers who joined the team (Nash, Karl Malone, Kobe in his last two years) and be hurt all the time. My thoughts were AD would team with all the young talent the Lakers had -- Lonzo, Josh Hart, Julius Randle, Brandon Ingram, Jordan Clarkson, KCP, Kuz -- and be the leader/superstar/glue they needed. I can't say how it would've turned out -- but I'm guessing he'd still be hurt all the time and we likely wouldn't have won in 2020.

I'm still a fan of LeBron and AD -- LeBron has to be the greatest physical specimen to ever play the game -- but this team is just a mess. Many of us questioned what the hell they were doing with their offseason pickups and our fears have been borne out. I thought they'd be about 47-35, in sixth place. Hard to believe they are significantly worse than that...
    The Lakers have gotten rid of a lot of young good players and replace them with older players past their prime. I hate to see this team look so bad. They will probably not even going to finish in the top 10 in the west.

Quote Originally Posted by tarbabe View Post
    The Lakers have gotten rid of a lot of young good players and replace them with older players past their prime. I hate to see this team look so bad. They will probably not even going to finish in the top 10 in the west.
    This is all on Lebron who greenlit the acquisitions of Westbrook and Anthony, and now it’s going south. The Lakers might well squeeze in the postseason, but that team has one game and done written all over them.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    This is all on Lebron who greenlit the acquisitions of Westbrook and Anthony, and now it’s going south. The Lakers might well squeeze in the postseason, but that team has one game and done written all over them.
    Truth, all around. And even if they somehow sneak into the playoffs, it's not like last year when I thought they could beat the Suns.

The way the Lakers look recently, they might only win 5 games or less the rest of the season. These old guys are burned out.

Incredible Member

The Nets/Philly game has a playoff atmosphere. I’ve been waiting for this one. Let's go BK!

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    The Nets/Philly game has a playoff atmosphere. I’ve been waiting for this one. Let's go BK!
    well Harden was certainly in playoff form going 3 for 17

The fans went from booing Ben Simmons to boing the Sixers who sucked from start to finish in a grisly 129-100 loss last night.

after his second 50 point game in a week Lebron is now 2 assists away from notching his 10,000th assist, he'll be the first player in NBA history to have 30,000 points, 10,000 rebounds, and 10,000 assists(honestly you can just set the points at whatever threshold you want cause no one has ever had 10k rebounds and assists before at all), I think I predicted he'd do that on this board back when he was in Miami in 2012 or 13, it feels really weird to see it coming true
    Last edited by Hiromi; 03-12-2022 at 01:29 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    after his second 50 point game in a week Lebron is now 2 assists away from notching his 10,000th assist, he'll be the first player in NBA history to have 30,000 points, 10,000 rebounds, and 10,000 assists(honestly you can just set the points at whatever threshold you want cause no one has ever had 10k rebounds and assists before at all), I think I predicted he'd do that on this board back when he was in Miami in 2012 or 13, it feels really weird to see it coming true
    LeBron is a marvel. On the cover of Sports Illustrated as a high school junior, and he has never not lived up to that. 10 NBA Finals. Eight straight and nine of 10. That's approaching Bill Russell level. And I don't think even the hallowed Russell could've led the '07 Cavs to the Finals...

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I don't get the big deal with the 3D aspect being used...it just looks ugly to me. I get that's only going to be for replay and commentary purposes but I'd much rather the real deal.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!