Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: The NBA

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't get the big deal with the 3D aspect being used...it just looks ugly to me. I get that's only going to be for replay and commentary purposes but I'd much rather the real deal.
    My guess is it's trying to appeal to 2K players, as it reminds me of a video game. I've not played 2K, but I've seen some of the NBA 2K League game play and they have angles like that. I also imagine that akin to innovations like the camera that swings low above the football field and the imaginary line that marks first downs, the 3D will be soon be ubiquitous to every game and we won't be able to watch a game without it!

Lebron is now 19 points away from passing Karl Malone for second on the all time scoring list, after he scores number 36929 he'll be 1458 from Kareem's king of the mountain number, it'll be well within possible that he passes that sometime in the second half of next season
    Last edited by Hiromi; 03-18-2022 at 09:32 PM.

It’s official Lebron is now second all time in scoring

Watching Trae Young absolutely torment the Knicks and their fans whenever he goes to MSG is an absolute treat, also kind of forgot that Taj Gibson was still in the league, up until Trae utterly murdered him in the middle of the garden

Gene Shue, who followed up a playing career as a five-time All-Star with the Detroit Pistons by winning 784 games as coach with the Bullets, 76ers and Clippers, has passed away. He was named coach of the year twice during his coaching career.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

welp the Lakers season is a minute away from being over, as is the newest iteration of the Russel Westbrook experiment, once again by Phoenix just a little bit earlier than last year, only thing left for them is Lebron playing two more games so he qualifies for the scoring title, pathetic ending for a pathetic season.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    welp the Lakers season is a minute away from being over, as is the newest iteration of the Russel Westbrook experiment, once again by Phoenix just a little bit earlier than last year, only thing left for them is Lebron playing two more games so he qualifies for the scoring title, pathetic ending for a pathetic season.
    Quite a downfall for the Lakers after assembling that AARP dream team. Even if by some miracle they managed to qualify for the postseason, they had the look of one and done in the play-in game. So, what happens next? Does head coach Frank Vogel get the chop? Will Russell Westbrook, Carmelo Anthony and/or Dwight Howard be shown the door? Will this collapse signal the start of a rebuild, and if it does, will Lebron stick around for it?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Quite a downfall for the Lakers after assembling that AARP dream team. Even if by some miracle they managed to qualify for the postseason, they had the look of one and done in the play-in game. So, what happens next? Does head coach Frank Vogel get the chop? Will Russell Westbrook, Carmelo Anthony and/or Dwight Howard be shown the door? Will this collapse signal the start of a rebuild, and if it does, will Lebron stick around for it?
    I've seen one report online that says Vogel will definitely be out after the season.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Fantastic Member

Vogel? Sure -- though it was Pelinka who assembled this crew. Fine, LeBron too. But assembling the squad falls in the lap of the GM. Rob's a fellow Wolverine, so I pull for him. And I've been wrong SO MANY TIMES when it comes to signings I would do and not do, so I've learned to just sit back and hope for the best. And I have always loved Russ. But I knew he was not what we needed (outside shooting, defense) and holy crow, signing one geriatric after another last summer left me in a state of confusion. Unfortunately, for once, I was right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

To the surprise of no one:

Frank Vogel out as coach of Los Angeles Lakers after 3 seasons, sources say

Meanwhile, my Sixers finished fourth in the East and will face Toronto in the first round. That worries me more than a little since Philly had no end of trouble with the Raptors, having lost three of four to them during the regular season. On top of that, our top defensive stalwart, Matisse Thybulle is ineligible to play in Toronto for games three and four because it turned out he chose not to get vaccinated, and Canada doesn't screw around when it comes to the virus and doesn't let anyone in the country who hasn't gotten the shot. I suspect that an early exit will more than likely see Doc Rivers join Vogel on the unemployment line should the Sixers lose the series.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 04-11-2022 at 01:56 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    To the surprise of no one:

Frank Vogel out as coach of Los Angeles Lakers after 3 seasons, sources say

Meanwhile, my Sixers finished fourth in the East and will face Toronto in the first round. That worries me more than a little since Philly had no end of trouble with the Raptors, having lost three of four to them during the regular season. On top of that, our top defensive stalwart, Matisse Thybulle is ineligible to play in Toronto for games three and four because it turned out he chose not to get vaccinated, and Canada doesn't screw around when it comes to the virus and doesn't let anyone in the country who hasn't gotten the shot. I suspect that an early exit will more than likely see Doc Rivers join Vogel on the unemployment line should the Sixers lose the series.
    I'm just glad the Lakers season is over.

I wouldn't mind seeing Embiid win MVP. He's had a helluva year, though Jokic and others have as well. Philly is lucky to have home court. I'm pretty sure they will handle the Raptors.

I think Vogel was the fall guy here. Not a shock not the way the Lakers finished. man talk about a disappointing season.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Talking about that on Sports Radio. It was all Lebron. Including the Lakers having a done deal for Demar DeRozen until Lebron blew it up to get Westbrook.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

My favorite team is the Spurs, but I enjoy watching so that doesn’t mean much and could change easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Talking about that on Sports Radio. It was all Lebron. Including the Lakers having a done deal for Demar DeRozen until Lebron blew it up to get Westbrook.
    That is his MO. Go to a team. Blow crap up because he does not like playing with young guys so he wants to trade and get vets. And this is the result. They let Lebron ride over the team and make the calls and this is what happens. Look at how long it too the Heat to rebuild after he left. And Cleveland the second time he left.

The Lakers did not have to bow to him. They are the freaken Lakers. They did it because they wanted to buy a ring in a hurry. But they are not Cleveland. They have what 16 17 before James? They didnt need to sell their soul. They would have been fine in the long run.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.