Page 13 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: The NBA

The Charlotte Hornets have fired coach James Borrego. Article Link.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I cannot describe how happy I will be if the Nets get swept in the first round, I mean them losing period is basically a birthday present but a sweep would be unbelievably delicious

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I cannot describe how happy I will be if the Nets get swept in the first round, I mean them losing period is basically a birthday present but a sweep would be unbelievably delicious
    Word has it Ben Simmons (known here in Philly as Mister Softee) will make his Nets debut in game four, just in time to face elimination. Considering Simmons couldn't handle the pressure of a do or die situation with the Sixers against Atlanta a year ago, the pressure here figures to be even greater, given Brooklyn having been touted as a Finals contender, and that's going to mess with his head big time. That should be delightful to watch.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Maybe, no matter the talent, if your team does not spend a season playing together, especially for ridiculous reasons, you don't have the team work to win in the playoffs.
    I have a certain amount of Schadenfreude to the Nets going down like this.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I read an article on SI.com that said Steve Nash's job could be in jeopardy after this disaster. One comparison made about the coaching matchup during the series said it was like watching Bill Parcells coach against Rich Kotite. DAMN!

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I mean its probably going to happen but Nash is also exactly what Kyrie wanted, a rookie head coach without any clout. I mean he's on record as stating he wanted to expose how irrelevant coaching actually is in the NBA. And the Nets imo are a perfect cautionary tale of what happens when you let players run the team instead of the coaches. On offense they have no actual plan other than your turn my turn iso ball, on defense they're basically non existent, and they make no adjustments either mid game or game to game(I mean their inability to get Durant easy shots when he's bring focused like this is just damning). And even more deliciously they're being exposed by an exceptionally coached team
    Last edited by Hiromi; 04-24-2022 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I mean its probably going to happen but Nash is also exactly what Kyrie wanted, a rookie head coach without any clout. I mean he's on record as stating he wanted to expose how irrelevant coaching actually is in the NBA. And the Nets imo are a perfect cautionary tale of what happens when you let players run the team instead of the coaches. On offense they have no actual plan other than your turn my turn iso ball, on defense they're basically non existent, and they make no adjustments either mid game or game to game(I mean their inability to get Durant easy shots when he's bring focused like this is just damning). And even more deliciously they're being exposed by an exceptionally coached team
    If Nash gets the chop should Brooklyn lose the series and the Nets replace him with an old school hardass with sufficient gravitas who won’t put up with Kyrie’s bullshit, that’ll make the situation blow sky high.

Got an alert that Ben Simmons won’t ride to the Nets’ rescue tomorrow night due to back soreness (a.k.a., lack of a spine). Bummer, man! LOL

Wonder if someone finally came to their senses and realized the second he stepped on the floor Boston would put him on the free throw line

From yesterday's games:

The Pels trumped Phoenix 118-103 last night to tie the series at 2-2. Could the Suns be in trouble without Devin Booker?

Behind 37 points by probable league MVP Nikola Jokic, Denver staved off elimination with a 126-121 win over Golden State

Jimmy Butler went off for 36 points and 10 rebounds as the Heat made short work of Atlanta 110-86 and a 3-1 lead

Milwaukee took a commanding 3-1 lead over Chicago in a 119-95 win behind 32 points and 17 rebounds by the Greek Freak

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Got an alert that Ben Simmons won’t ride to the Nets’ rescue tomorrow night due to back soreness (a.k.a., lack of a spine). Bummer, man! LOL
    You can't be surprised though. Simmons seems like he's going to go down as a player who never rose to the level his potential seemed to suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    You can't be surprised though. Simmons seems like he's going to go down as a player who never rose to the level his potential seemed to suggest.
    Right now, I’d only be surprised if the Nets don’t wash their hands of Simmons and send him packing in the off-season. You can’t tell me the players, coaching staff and front office suits aren’t already tired of his act and decide he isn’t worth the trouble.

Shaq and Barkley's reaction to the Simmons news was really telling and I'd be shocked if it isn't representative of the vast majority if not all of the players

My Sixers could close out Toronto tonight as we lead that series 3-1. However, all the talk has been about Joel Embiid nursing a torn ligament in his right thumb, his shooting hand. Embiid has vowed to play, but his effectiveness could be questionable, now would be a damn good time for James Harden to step up his game and help the team send the Raptors home for the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My Sixers could close out Toronto tonight as we lead that series 3-1. However, all the talk has been about Joel Embiid nursing a torn ligament in his right thumb, his shooting hand. Embiid has vowed to play, but his effectiveness could be questionable, now would be a damn good time for James Harden to step up his game and help the team send the Raptors home for the summer.
    I was away for the weekend so I missed all my sports the last 3 days. I heard Embiid hurt his thumb, but it was only this morning I heard that he has a torn ligament. I'm not really sure how you can play like that. Catching the ball and rebounding and all? I guess we'll see.