Page 27 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: The NBA

Next game is it. Done in 6. Sorry infamous.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Yes and I did not say anything about the free throws. Boston has to get much better at that. The NBA, ABC and everyone has wants a game 7 because of one thing: money. That is how the NBA rolls and has been for a few years now.
    I get that. It just sounded like you were making it some kind of conspiracy. Apologies if I misread your intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Next game is it. Done in 6. Sorry infamous.
    It is ok. The Celtics have played the best when their back are up against the wall. They win game 6 it goes to 7 and then it is just a flip of the coin. Whoever shows up in 7 wins it.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by frankiedetroit View Post
    I get that. It just sounded like you were making it some kind of conspiracy. Apologies if I misread your intent.
    Oh no not at all. I have just seen too many NBA playoffs games over the past couple years go to 7 when they did not need to.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Big big big big big big....big....game tonight in Boston. I believe the Celtics will win but it is going to be beyond tough.

Well if this may be the last night of NBA for awhile here we go. Lets see it Celtics.

Over in 6, the Celts come up short and the Warriors add another title. Congrats to Golden State on their 4th title in the last 8 years.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Over in 6, the Celts come up short and the Warriors add another title. Congrats to Golden State on their 4th title in the last 8 years.

-M
    Curry won Finals MVP. Big ups to Andrew Wiggins who kept Jayson Tatum in check with his defense.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Congrats to the Warriors.

The Celtics made it a fun run but come up short. If healthy they will be back there next years. They are a very young and talented team.

Fantastic Member

Saw some hate for Jayson Tatum. I immediately thought of LeBron in 2011 and Magic in 1984. Both of them bounced back strong. JT is a great player. He'll be back too.

Saw some hate for Jayson Tatum. I immediately thought of LeBron in 2011 and Magic in 1984. Both of them bounced back strong. JT is a great player. He'll be back too.
    I agree. He is still young. They will all be back there next year if healthy.

Found this to be a really entertaining Finals. Narrative is gonna be Tatum needs to find some fortitude but it should be on the solid play of Jaylen Brown all playoffs. Boston also stayed off a historic collapse in the ECF just to be this far.

Warriors have been special throughout this run without a dobut. Teams don't do what this team has done anymore in the modern game. Yes they can be annoying but not for nuthin', they don't fold. Congrats to Golden State.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Found this to be a really entertaining Finals. Narrative is gonna be Tatum needs to find some fortitude but it should be on the solid play of Jaylen Brown all playoffs. Boston also stayed off a historic collapse in the ECF just to be this far.

Warriors have been special throughout this run without a dobut. Teams don't do what this team has done anymore in the modern game. Yes they can be annoying but not for nuthin', they don't fold. Congrats to Golden State.

It should be noted that just two years ago, the Warriors won all of 15 games and were in the Draft Lottery, today, they’re champions. That’s one hell of a comeback.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

I saw this too. I find a lot of their videos hilarious.

Lots of talk now about Curry's legacy. He was already my top small PG ever, beating out (in order) Isiah, Stockton, CP, AI and Cousy. It would be hard putting him in my top 10, though. LeBron, Magic, MJ, Bird, Dream, Kareem, Wilt, Russ. That's 8 and I haven't mentioned Kobe or Duncan or Shaq or KD, let alone Oscar, West and Baylor. Regardless, Steph is one of the best to ever do it and has always seemed like a pretty likable dude as well.

Regardless, Steph is one of the best to ever do it and has always seemed like a pretty likable dude as well.
    Steph is just simply amazing. He is a down to earth dude as well. I have always liked him. I am really happy he did not have to live in Durant's shadow with a loss.