Page 32 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: The NBA

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Hell of a deal for Mitchell. It looks like Danny Ainge is repeating the game plan he used in Boston to tear down the Celtics to the foundation, then rebuild the team from the ground up.
    It's a much better destination for Mitchell than the Knicks, I think

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    It's a much better destination for Mitchell than the Knicks, I think
    Unless Mitchell wanted to go to the Knicks. I have no idea about that.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unless Mitchell wanted to go to the Knicks. I have no idea about that.
    Oh, me neither. But the Cavs look like a solid playoff team with ample room to grow - Mitchell himself is only turning 26 and Allen/ Mobley/ Garland are younger - while the Knicks are just the continuous mess we've seen for the past, what, almost 20 years now?

They've extended RJ Barrett - he's their best chance to have someone who can become a bonafide star to build around
    Last edited by hyped78; 09-02-2022 at 06:37 AM.

Mighty Member

The best offseason move and no one is talking about is the Warriors signing Donte DiVincenzo. He’s a top notch guard who was starting for the Bucks the year they won the championship, but a terrible ankle injury early in the playoffs hurt his career and a chance to sign a big contract. Unfortunately the Bucks traded him to Sacramento, who was hell bent on damaging his value. The Warriors sign the starting caliber guard for 2 year and only 4.6 million a year. DiVincenzo is worth much more than this, but with his injury history and no salary cap exceptions this was the most the Warriors could pay him. There are reports he turndown a few full TMLE(6.5 mil a year) because Green and Curry talked him into going to GS. Green and Curry knows how valuable Donte is and hopefully one day he’ll get that big contract he deserves.
    Last edited by tarbabe; 09-21-2022 at 10:11 AM.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Good riddance to bad rubbish.
    The problem is this racist will profit millions off the sell of both teams. I wish the NBA could get him out of the league without him making a profit.

Woo, Ime Udoka is out here, out here. I'm in mixed company here even in the NBA thread but dawg... I'm reading there is only 1 female on the Celt staff and she's married? Yikes, he's only gonna get a suspension but they might have to let her go.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Woo, Ime Udoka is out here, out here. I'm in mixed company here even in the NBA thread but dawg... I'm reading there is only 1 female on the Celt staff and she's married? Yikes, he's only gonna get a suspension but they might have to let her go.
    Heard about Udoka this morning. And he’s in a relationship too. Yikes! As for that suspension, sources say it could last the whole season, and the Celts top assistant followed Danny Ainge to Utah. Boston could be in a spot of bother,

Udoka is an idiot for doing this. I know that Chris Rock line about men only being as faithful as their options, but the guy is (was?) with actress Nia Long. And he cheats on her? DUUUUUUDDDE!

The suspension is reportedly going to be for a year because of violating the team's organizational guidelines. Reports say he's considering resigning. Oh, and if the Celtics let the woman go but only suspend the guy, the lawsuit will be SPECTACULAR.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

It’s official: Got an alert from Bleacher Report that Udoka has been suspended for the entire 2022-2023 season. Ouch! I wonder if Brad Stevens will return to the sidelines to coach the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Udoka is an idiot for doing this. I know that Chris Rock line about men only being as faithful as their options, but the guy is (was?) with actress Nia Long. And he cheats on her? DUUUUUUDDDE!

The suspension is reportedly going to be for a year because of violating the team's organizational guidelines. Reports say he's considering resigning. Oh, and if the Celtics let the woman go but only suspend the guy, the lawsuit will be SPECTACULAR.
    Dood... then again, she's fine-ass forever Nia Long to 'us' but to him, she might be that annoying ass wife/girlfriend.

It’s official: Got an alert from Bleacher Report that Udoka has been suspended for the entire 2022-2023 season. Ouch! I wonder if Brad Stevens will return to the sidelines to coach the team?
    I get that Stevens pretty much just left for the FO but 1) he was getting diminishing returns from that team that Udoka likely was able to squeeze more out of and 2) mans is operating as an exec now. If a cat in a warehouse foremen position goes up stairs and the guy under him that took his place exits in a same way or in a different way, I can't think dude would come back down from upstairs, even after a year of working the new gig, just to coach the team on the floor again. That's asking a lot Stevens imo.
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

I get that Stevens pretty much just left for the FO but 1) he was getting diminishing returns from that team that Udoka likely was able to squeeze more out of and 2) mans is operating as an exec now. If a cat in a warehouse foremen position goes up stairs and the guy under him that took his place exits in a same way or in a different way, I can't think dude would come back down from upstairs, even after a year of working the new gig, just to coach the team on the floor again. That's asking a lot Stevens imo.
    Stevens made it clear in the team's press conference today that he will NOT return to coaching the team.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Whoo-boy, Draymond strikes again, literately. His dumbass could have achieved, whatever in the hell he thought he was achieving by returning Poole's shove but nah, had to take it to the street.

Your thoughts.
    You bet yer ass.