Page 33 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: The NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Whoo-boy, Draymond strikes again, literately. His dumbass could have achieved, whatever in the hell he thought he was achieving by returning Poole's shove but nah, had to take it to the street.

Your thoughts.
    The video is quite shocking:
    https://www.tmz.com/2022/10/07/draym...tate-warriors/

When I heard that Draymond had thrown a punch, I honestly didn't think it was a punch like this! This was clearly thrown with intention to hurt Poole and it's inexcusable under any circumstance, regardless of whatever was the previous chatter between them.

Draymond has apparently apologized, but this is a bad sign all-around. I doubt the Warriors will suspend him, but they should at least fine him.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    The video is quite shocking:
    https://www.tmz.com/2022/10/07/draym...tate-warriors/

When I heard that Draymond had thrown a punch, I honestly didn't think it was a punch like this! This was clearly thrown with intention to hurt Poole and it's inexcusable under any circumstance, regardless of whatever was the previous chatter between them.

Draymond has apparently apologized, but this is a bad sign all-around. I doubt the Warriors will suspend him, but they should at least fine him.
    I doubt they’ll do even that much. More than likely, the team will come out and say that was just “Draymond being Draymond”.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I doubt they’ll do even that much. More than likely, the team will come out and say that was just “Draymond being Draymond”.
    I guess there’s also a separate question of how the video got leaked!

I wouldn’t want to be in the shoes of whoever is going to manage this mess. Poole is poised to become the franchise cornerstone, as Curry ages.

I have to say I personally dislike Green’s overall attitude - and I don’t mean just this punch.

Yesterday I watched The Redeem Team documentary on Netflix - it's pretty good. Some of the moments with Kobe are a bit sad, after what happened to him.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest as a Warrior fan. Draymond helps us win and this happened at practice and who knows what led up to it other than a push.

He apologized he is "taking time away" whatever that means.

Its hilarious. Literally no one cares about the Warriors outside of the Bay Area unless something like this happens to create news that isn't even news.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Doesn't bother me in the slightest as a Warrior fan. Draymond helps us win and this happened at practice and who knows what led up to it other than a push.

Its hilarious. Literally no one cares about the Warriors outside of the Bay Area unless something like this happens to create news that isn't even news.
    Interestingly, I saw a video yesterday on "Why Draymond won't be a Warrior for long":
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWE6cl2V8oI

It's an interesting point of view, weighing age, a looming new contract and new contracts/ contract extensions for the younger players, including Poole.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Interestingly, I saw a video yesterday on "Why Draymond won't be a Warrior for long":
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWE6cl2V8oI

It's an interesting point of view, weighing age, a looming new contract and new contracts/ contract extensions for the younger players, including Poole.
    It will depend on if Draymond has lost the team or not, particularly Curry and Klay. Draymond's the defacto captain out there, and he gets a lot of leeway to operate. Thats pretty much is main benefit to the team. But if Curry and Kerr think he's losing his mind or going too far too often, his benefits might have gone away at that point.

Fantastic Member

I can understand, if you live in the Bay area (not sure that you do -- I'm just saying) that you may not realize how popular the Warriors are around the country. But they're up there with the Lakers when it comes to popularity as far as merchandise sales and surpass them when it comes to drawing ratings. Steph's jersey is always one of the biggest sellers. So people outside the Bay definitely do care about the Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by frankiedetroit View Post
    I can understand, if you live in the Bay area (not sure that you do -- I'm just saying) that you may not realize how popular the Warriors are around the country. But they're up there with the Lakers when it comes to popularity as far as merchandise sales and surpass them when it comes to drawing ratings. Steph's jersey is always one of the biggest sellers. So people outside the Bay definitely do care about the Warriors.
    I'm a Bay Area kid living in So Cal, so all I see around here is Lakers gear.

It will depend on if Draymond has lost the team or not, particularly Curry and Klay. Draymond's the defacto captain out there, and he gets a lot of leeway to operate. Thats pretty much is main benefit to the team. But if Curry and Kerr think he's losing his mind or going too far too often, his benefits might have gone away at that point.
    I think his offensive talent has also dwindled in recent years. He was never a big offensive contributor but it's been getting worse, including that long jump shot of his.

Zach Lowe has published his annual NBA tiers list:

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...ms-nets-lakers

I'm particularly surprised with the Suns not being in the top tier.

Fantastic Member

I wonder how the Sarver thing will weigh on the Suns. Until he sells, it could be a distraction or an albatross.

I could only read the first few graphs of Lowe's article since I don't have that subscription. I hate the Clippers so hope they don't go far. I'm sure Kawhi will miss about 50 games so he's fresh for the playoffs. My Lakers will likely be a mess again, but I'm hoping they can pull it together and at least be solid. What's the over/under on how many games AD will play before he gets hurt?

I also hope that Ja continues his ascent and that Zion regains the form he briefly showed oh so long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by frankiedetroit View Post
    I wonder how the Sarver thing will weigh on the Suns. Until he sells, it could be a distraction or an albatross.

I could only read the first few graphs of Lowe's article since I don't have that subscription. I hate the Clippers so hope they don't go far. I'm sure Kawhi will miss about 50 games so he's fresh for the playoffs. My Lakers will likely be a mess again, but I'm hoping they can pull it together and at least be solid. What's the over/under on how many games AD will play before he gets hurt?

I also hope that Ja continues his ascent and that Zion regains the form he briefly showed oh so long ago.
    Ah? I see the full article and I don’t have any subscription - I guess it’s a regional thing.

LeBron is my favorite player but I think the Lakers, while probably better than last year, will still be a mess. You can’t trust AD’s health and Westbrook isn’t a good fit and is in decline.

As you can’t read the full article, his tiers are:

THE INNER CIRCLE
    Golden State Warriors
    Milwaukee Bucks
    LA Clippers
    Boston Celtics
    Philadelphia 76ers
    Denver Nuggets

STRONGEST CLAIM TO SPOTS 3-6, EAST
    Brooklyn Nets
    Toronto Raptors
    Miami Heat

STRONGEST CLAIM TO SPOTS 3-6, WEST
    Phoenix Suns
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Minnesota Timberwolves
    Dallas Mavericks
    New Orleans Pelicans

AGGRIEVED TEAMS WITH AMBITIONS ABOVE THE PLAY-IN
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Atlanta Hawks

GRASPING AT PLAY-IN HOME-COURT DISADVANTAGE
    Chicago Bulls
    New York Knicks
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Sacramento Kings

HOVERING IN PURGATORY -- YAY!
    Detroit Pistons
    Orlando Magic

HOVERING IN PURGATORY -- GULP
    Charlotte Hornets
    Washington Wizards

HAPPY TO LOSE
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    San Antonio Spurs
    Utah Jazz
    Indiana Pacers
    Houston Rockets

Hall of Famer Dikembe Mutombo is battling a brain tumor. Article Link.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Fantastic Member

You never know how guys will play, but the Warriors' second five -- Jordan Poole, Donte DiVincenzo, Moses Moody, Jonathan Kuminga and James Wiseman -- could be as fun as the starters.