Page 43 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: The NBA

Well the Clippers are the new team that thinks they can fix Westbrook, I swear these GMs have the same I can fix him mentality as a serial killer groupie

That Al Star game was just painful to watch. Even the coach (Forget who it was) said it was the worst game ever.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    That Al Star game was just painful to watch. Even the coach (Forget who it was) said it was the worst game ever.
    All-Star Games should be ended now and forever. In all sports.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I will agree with this. Though I have to admit I enjoyed the skills challenge for the NFL this year. And I dont mind the dunk contest or 3 point shot contest or Home Run Derby. Just get rid of the games. They dont mean any thing and many of the players opt out of them anyway.

When you have an NBA player sitting out 20 games to decrease his load like we are seeing what can get them to play in the All Star Game?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Not happening in the NFL where the recent Pro Bowl exhibition garnered over 6 million viewers….for a flag football game.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The Atlanta Hawks have fired coach Nate McMillan. Article Link
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

the Clippers and Kings game ended up being 176 to 175, double OT or not I'm thinking its inevitable that rule changes are coming in the near future to try and curb offense to some degree cause this is just getting absurd

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    the Clippers and Kings game ended up being 176 to 175, double OT or not I'm thinking its inevitable that rule changes are coming in the near future to try and curb offense to some degree cause this is just getting absurd
    You mean go back to the 90's when teams played thug ball a la the Knicks and struggled most nights to break 90, sometimes 80? No thanks! That crap was ugly and boring as hell. Better racehorse basketball than plowhorse hoops.

No desire for that but maybe something like moving the three point line back or something to incentivize the mid range jump shot would have the desired effect of keeping regular season game scores below all star game scores
    Last edited by Hiromi; 02-25-2023 at 02:06 PM.

Teams will figure out how to stop the threes eventually, I'd rather let that happen than make it happen artificially by moving the line. Maybe you could add a line or a point for a half court shot instead. Then that would motivate some changes in the game strategies without taking anything away.

The NBA always adjusts. This is why Showtime doesn't work today anymore, thug ball is no longer and the triangle is still pretty popular.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Teams will figure out how to stop the threes eventually, I'd rather let that happen than make it happen artificially by moving the line. Maybe you could add a line or a point for a half court shot instead. Then that would motivate some changes in the game strategies without taking anything away.

The NBA always adjusts. This is why Showtime doesn't work today anymore, thug ball is no longer and the triangle is still pretty popular.
    I agree. Something will come along and the game will change. The slog of the 50s gave way to the much zippier but still very poor shooting pace of the 60s. Then shooting improved in the 70s and 80s, when, compared to the 90s, no one played D. Then came the slog of the 90s which turned into an even greater slog by the end of the decade, which is ONLY remembered fondly because of one player's brilliance. The aughts were still a slog that changed because of rule changes and analytics. Me? I loved the game in the 1970s and 80s, hated it in the 90s, liked it in the aughts, and thought it was beautiful and brilliant in the teens. Today, I appreciate it, but wish they'd end the practice of driving the lane, being within 8 feet of the basket then kicking out to a teammate at the 3-point line who's not Steph or Dame.

Quote Originally Posted by frankiedetroit View Post
    I agree. Something will come along and the game will change. The slog of the 50s gave way to the much zippier but still very poor shooting pace of the 60s. Then shooting improved in the 70s and 80s, when, compared to the 90s, no one played D. Then came the slog of the 90s which turned into an even greater slog by the end of the decade, which is ONLY remembered fondly because of one player's brilliance. The aughts were still a slog that changed because of rule changes and analytics. Me? I loved the game in the 1970s and 80s, hated it in the 90s, liked it in the aughts, and thought it was beautiful and brilliant in the teens. Today, I appreciate it, but wish they'd end the practice of driving the lane, being within 8 feet of the basket then kicking out to a teammate at the 3-point line who's not Steph or Dame.
    I grew up watching the NBA in the 70's when it was a wild and freewheeling league and games were lots of fun to watch. Then came Showtime in the early 80's and that was crazysauce, but that gave way to thug ball and the sluggish crap of the 90's which actually turned me off to the league for a time. Now, this might be an unpopular opinion, but I'm of the belief the NBA should never have adopted the three point shot because it gave players delusions that they could be long range bombers and kept them from developing more effective midrange jumpers. A serious mistake in my mind.

Reports are that Lebron James will be out several weeks with a foot injury. So I guess that is it for The Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I don't think you need to do anything, the league will adjust, teams will learn to defend the perimeter better. I prefer the current state of the NBA over a good chunk of the 90s when NBA games were wrestling matches and defensive snoozefests!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Reports are that Lebron James will be out several weeks with a foot injury. So I guess that is it for The Lakers.
    They had, in my opinion, a long shot chance of making the playoffs - now it's gone. 3 or 4 weeks without LeBron will doom them, even with the possibility of the play-in.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    They had, in my opinion, a long shot chance of making the playoffs - now it's gone. 3 or 4 weeks without LeBron will doom them, even with the possibility of the play-in.
    As of this morning, the Lakers are 12th in the West, meaning they’re closer to the Draft Lottery than the playoffs, with or without Lebron. Now that he’s out for a month, they’re pretty much doomed.