Page 45 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: The NBA

Knicks legend Willis Reed has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Well, going into the last two weeks of the season it looks like the Lakers, Jazz and Pelicans will be fighting it out for the last playoff berth. AD battling a foot injury, LeFlop is out but may return. The Jazz are the Jazz. I predict we will see a Pelican resurgence and they will take the spot.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 03-22-2023 at 12:35 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ja Morant will make his first appearance back from whatever he was doing tonight, Paul George will miss at least 2-3 weeks with a sprained knee and is confirmed out for the rest of regular season at least

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Ja Morant will make his first appearance back from whatever he was doing tonight, Paul George will miss at least 2-3 weeks with a sprained knee and is confirmed out for the rest of regular season at least
    At least it doesn't seem like Paul George will need surgery, big sigh of relief for the Clippers if that's the case

2023 HOF class will be headlined by Dwyane Wade, Dirk Nowitzki, Pau Gasol, Tony Parker, Becky Hammon and Gregg Popovich

That is a heavyweight class.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The Kings 16 year playoff drought is officially over

2023 HOF class will be headlined by Dwyane Wade, Dirk Nowitzki, Pau Gasol, Tony Parker, Becky Hammon and Gregg Popovich
    Great class!

The Kings 16 year playoff drought is officially over
    They had such a strange team the last time they made the playoffs - Ron Artest, Bonzi Wells, Shareef Abdur-Rahim... that was shortly after that championship contending team where they had Chris Webber, Peja Stojakovic, Vlade Divac, etc.

I'm impressed at how the Brooklyn Nets are hanging in there post KD and Kyrie Irving. I'd assumed they would be in play-in territory right now.

Incredible Member

The Blazers have gone heavily into tank mode. They seem to be hoping for a high draft pick but many sources say they're likely to trade it for a star who can help Damian Lillard win a championship in the next year or two. They don't have time to wait for a rookie to develop.
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

The Blazers are sitting their top 5 scoring players, I know tanking is reality and a secret everyone knows about but something this blatant should have penalties for the franchise

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    I'm impressed at how the Brooklyn Nets are hanging in there post KD and Kyrie Irving. I'd assumed they would be in play-in territory right now.
    Agreed. And I love that Kyrie is on the verge of missing even the play-in and that the Mavs are 9-15 since getting him.

Also, very happy that my Lakers have gone 15-7 in their last 22 games. I felt picking up D'Angelo wasn't going to make us world beaters, but that I could get behind the trade. Pelinka finally made a good move.

Last week of the season and the West has the 5th through 8th seed all tied in the loss column

Fantastic Member

Last week of the season and the West has the 5th through 8th seed all tied in the loss column
    While the closeness of 5-8 in the West isn't aided by the Play-In Tournament, I'm shocked at how much excitement that addition has brought to the season. You just don't see so many teams tanking like you used to. And teams like the Pistons are bad because they're bad, not because they're sitting guys.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!