Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: The NBA

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    I didn't watch the game but was keeping an eye on it through my phone updates. Looked like my man Maxey had a decent game though.
    Speaking of Maxey, the Sixers exercised his third year rookie scale option along with the fourth year option for Matisse Thybulle. I’m glad the team is investing in these talented young men, both of whom I like a lot.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Speaking of Maxey, the Sixers exercised his third year rookie scale option along with the fourth year option for Matisse Thybulle. I’m glad the team is investing in these talented young men, both of whom I like a lot.
    They looked good last night as did the Sixers as a whole. Pretty much dominated the game. Embiid wasn't at his best again, but they played well.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

I find it funny that some players are complaining about the new(old) rules. Man some of these guys would not of survived in the 80’s and 90’s. This pretty much confirms what people have always said that Jordan and other 99’s guys would have dominated in today’s league.

They looked good last night as did the Sixers as a whole. Pretty much dominated the game. Embiid wasn't at his best again, but they played well.
    I worry that this situation with Embiid and his knee will be a problem for the whole damn season.

I enjoyed the Philly game last night. They are a fun team to watch and I am sure a lot of that feeling comes from the hype and talk you guys have put in on here so far.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I enjoyed the Philly game last night. They are a fun team to watch and I am sure a lot of that feeling comes from the hype and talk you guys have put in on here so far.
    Cool, it's good to hear we're inspiring you to watch them.

Harris is out tonight, but I think Embiid is playing.

Cool, it's good to hear we're inspiring you to watch them.

Harris is out tonight, but I think Embiid is playing.
    You all have inspired me. yes they are a fun team to watch but it is also cool to have a team that other people I talk to every day follow so I can learn more about them and get excited with them
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

You all have inspired me. yes they are a fun team to watch but it is also cool to have a team that other people I talk to every day follow so I can learn more about them and get excited with them
    Glad to hear that. So far, the best acquisition the Sixers made in the off-season was landing Andre Drummond to back up Joel Embiid. On Monday with Embiid out, Drummond (or Big A as I call him) chipped in with 14 points and 15 boards in the win against Portland. Given Embiid’s injury history, Big A makes for an important part of the team. Tonight, a test against the surprising 6-1 Chicago Bulls, should be interesting.

Glad to hear that. So far, the best acquisition the Sixers made in the off-season was landing Andre Drummond to back up Joel Embiid. On Monday with Embiid out, Drummond (or Big A as I call him) chipped in with 14 points and 15 boards in the win against Portland. Given Embiid’s injury history, Big A makes for an important part of the team. Tonight, a test against the surprising 6-1 Chicago Bulls, should be interesting.
    It would be great to watch that. But I have the Hawks vs The Nets. There have been a ton of Nets games on this season. I also have The Hornets and Warriors as the late game.

Do you guys see the 76'ers making a deep run this season?

It would be great to watch that. But I have the Hawks vs The Nets. There have been a ton of Nets games on this season. I also have The Hornets and Warriors as the late game.

To be honest, I’m not sure. Things are kinda sorta in flux thanks to Ben the Baby. The situation with him could well fester until he either grows up and apologizes for his shitty behavior….or is traded. It’s looking like Simmons is trying to get himself a get out of jail free card like James Harden had last season when he assholed his way from Houston to Brooklyn. I guess we’ll find out.

As for the team, there’s still plenty of talent, even without Ben the Baby, so yeah, I’m sure Philly can go far.

It looks like it is going to be a very long season for the Boston Celtics. Chris Mannix of SI.com says they "are a mess".
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The Sixers gutted out a tough 103-98 win over the surprisingly good Bulls last night. Hey, babyblob, I think you'll like this: the song played after wins on our home court:

Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-04-2021 at 12:23 AM.

The Sixers gutted out a tough 103-98 win over the surprisingly good Bulls last night. Hey, babyblob, I think you'll like this: the song played after wins on our home court:

Thats a sweet jam. I love when teams have a victory song. I loved when I went to a Cubs game for the first time and they won and the whole place was rocking out. I love my Reds but they have nothing like that.

Thanks for posting this. This was fun to listen to! Ive been reading up some on the history of the 76ers and some of the players. And watched a couple old games on Youtube, This is a fun team. I may be a bandwagon guy I will admit that. But you guys have made a good case and got me interested in them. I have a friend who is trying to make me hip to The Pelicans since I lived in New Orleans for many years and love the Saints.

I'm just not sure either. So many questions. Embiids health the situation and the situation with Ben the baby to start with.

They're playing well right now, but I'm not sure about playoff basketball.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

I'm unhappy my Bulls lost to the 76ers except less unhappy because they lost to a talented pretty good 76ers team on the road.

I'm very happy that my Bulls started 4-0 for the first time without Michael Jordan which I'll always remember happening.