Page 54 of 73 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: The NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I know he got in trouble once before for a gun in a video. Here's what I don't understand though. Is it the flashing of a gun that's getting him in trouble? Because if he has a legally obtained gun and a license, then he'd be abiding by the law, no? Does the NBA have a no gun ownership policy, which I doubt because that would get challenged immediately.
    Its not a no owning gun policy that the NBA has. I think they went more on the promoting violence or actions detrimental to the league. Cant have a big star kids look up to flashing around guns while drinking.

At least that I think was the stand they took.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Its not a no owning gun policy that the NBA has. I think they went more on the promoting violence or actions detrimental to the league. Cant have a big star kids look up to flashing around guns while drinking.

At least that I think was the stand they took.
    That’s my take as well. Years and years ago, Charles Barkley said athletes aren’t role models, but, he was wrong, dreadfully wrong, they ARE role models, whether they want to be or not. When kids see Morant screwing around with guns, drinking and generally being an idiot, they pick up on that, they think it’s cool and say to themselves, “I wanna be like Ja!” And that’s an image the NBA does NOT want their superstars to present to the public, especially in today’s climate where gun violence, especially among young people is rampant to the point of out of control.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 05-15-2023 at 05:22 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Take away the two incidents with the gun. There are still 3 other off court incidents involving Ja where he the friends he was with threatened other people. Once at a shoe store, once in a back yard basketball game, another one at his sisters volleyball game. And wasnt there an issue with another team and some laser pointer where he or his friends pointed the laser dot at the foreheads of another team?

The man is making 40 Mil a year and wants so hard to play the street tough he is going to lose everything.

How is Nike going to react? or Poweraide? He has a lot to lose just for trying to be the tough guy.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Take away the two incidents with the gun. There are still 3 other off court incidents involving Ja where he the friends he was with threatened other people. Once at a shoe store, once in a back yard basketball game, another one at his sisters volleyball game. And wasnt there an issue with another team and some laser pointer where he or his friends pointed the laser dot at the foreheads of another team?

The man is making 40 Mil a year and wants so hard to play the street tough he is going to lose everything.

How is Nike going to react? or Poweraide? He has a lot to lose just for trying to be the tough guy.
    And it’s not like Morant grew up in a troubled or broken home. I understand both his mother and father are part of his life, which makes me wonder why one parent, or both haven’t sat Ja down and told him to grow the hell up and stop acting like some street tough which he isn’t. That all boils down to the people he hangs with, and are clearly a bad influence. Yeah, Morant has to be careful, Nike and Powerade are probably close to cutting him loose, as for the team, I wonder if they’re looking for some sort of out from the contract he recently signed. You can’t tell me the Grizzlies aren’t having a case of buyer’s remorse, given Morant’s actions. Lastly, if the kid isn’t careful, he’s bound to run a real street tough who won’t give a damn who he is and might fill him full of lead one night.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And it’s not like Morant grew up in a troubled or broken home. I understand both his mother and father are part of his life, which makes me wonder why one parent, or both haven’t sat Ja down and told him to grow the hell up and stop acting like some street tough which he isn’t. That all boils down to the people he hangs with, and are clearly a bad influence. Yeah, Morant has to be careful, Nike and Powerade are probably close to cutting him loose, as for the team, I wonder if they’re looking for some sort of out from the contract he recently signed. You can’t tell me the Grizzlies aren’t having a case of buyer’s remorse, given Morant’s actions. Lastly, if the kid isn’t careful, he’s bound to run a real street tough who won’t give a damn who he is and might fill him full of lead one night.
    His mom was part of the problem on two of those situations.

At the shore store she felt the employee was disrespecting her she call Ja to come "Handle it" And that led Ja to showing up with a bunch of his friends and threatening the worker which led to a police report being filed.

Then she was at her daughters volleyball game and some teen in the stands yelled something to her daughter and what did she do? Called Ja to come handle the situation and he showed up with his friends and went into the stand where one of his friends broke the teens phone and led to a police report being filed.

So in two instances his mom called Ja and instigated the situation with Ja and his friends.

Ja and nine other guys to intimidate a shoe salesman? All the 10% tough guys out there applaud his efforts. He's either going to die a hero or live long enough to see himself become the villain.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 05-15-2023 at 10:08 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Ja and nine other guys to intimidate a shoe salesman? All the 10% tough guys out there applaud his efforts. He's either going to die a hero or live long enough to see himself become the villain.
    3 Instances of he and his group of friends threatening people. One of those instances he was said to have pulled a gun. Then the two times he pulled a gun on social media.

I think it is safe to say he is kind of the villain already.

GLENN is out in Philly.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

If GLENN Rivers isn’t fired after this unholy debacle, there needs to be an investigation!
    I'm pretty bumbed he's looking for a new job, he's a pretty solid coach who's just had a bit of bad luck closing the deal at the end. There are all kinds of coaches that would kill to have the guy's career.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Warriors clearly have an identify crisis. Poole performed under par in the Lakers series. And Steph in the locker room afterwards very loudly said that Poole was the key to their future success. Awkward! Then next year Draymond might not be back, Klay might not be back.

So although I am bummed my Warriors did not get to the next round, it was inevitable they wouldn't make it to the finals anyhow. They have young, frustrated, upcoming players wanting more opportunities versus veteran players like Steph and Draymond who are cementing a legacy. Steve Kerr will be the key to unifying the two sides, if he is still around next year.

Either way organization is in for some soul-searching.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 05-16-2023 at 01:46 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'm pretty bumbed he's looking for a new job, he's a pretty solid coach who's just had a bit of bad luck closing the deal at the end. There are all kinds of coaches that would kill to have the guy's career.
    “Bit of bad luck”? Sunday made the TENTH time Rivers lost a game seven, three here in Philly alone. Sure, he’s had a fine career, but his inability to close out a playoff series is maddening. However, chances are pretty darn good Rivers won’t be unemployed for very long.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

“Bit of bad luck”? Sunday made the TENTH time Rivers lost a game seven, three here in Philly alone. Sure, he’s had a fine career, but his inability to close out a playoff series is maddening. However, chances are pretty darn good Rivers won’t be unemployed for very long.
    How much of that is on him though? And how many others don't even make it to the playoffs but keep their job for years? There are issues in Philly for sure, but I don't think a shiny new coach is the magic bullet.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

How much of that is on him though? And how many others don't even make it to the playoffs but keep their job for years? There are issues in Philly for sure, but I don't think a shiny new coach is the magic bullet.
    Wont be the magic bullet. But someone had to take the fall. Rivers with his post season history is easy to make him the "Its all his fault." Guy.

Ultimate Member

Wes Unseld says hi. LOL his son has the same amount of wins as his Dad did in his first two years.

Dave Joerger only last 3 years on two teams and made playoffs 3 straight years with Grizz.

David Fizdale couldn't last a year and has 2 rings.

Ultimate Member

Mavericks KEEP the draft pick..........

WOW