Page 55 of 70 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: The NBA

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Nikola Jokic showed everyone the wrong player was named league MVP last night as he put up a triple double (34 points, 21 rebounds, 14 assists) in a 132-126 Denver win over the Lakers last night.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The Heat are very real.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Celtics mistakes will ruin them.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Jimmy Buckets continues his hot streak in the playoffs, going for 35 points to lead the Heat to a 123-116 win over Boston in game one of the East Finals.

The Heat beating the Celtics in game 1 came as a shock to me. I picked the Celtics in 5. I think I may be in trouble with that pick.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

You never know until you see the player match ups. Some of that is coaching on who guards who, some of that is how each team plays. But this is a closer match up that most expected.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The Heat are very real.
    Jim Buckets is hands down the MVP of the entire Playoffs.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

The only thing better than watching Butler do his thing on the court is watching his press afterwards. Dude keeps right on making buckets.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 05-18-2023 at 09:08 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The Heat beating the Celtics in game 1 came as a shock to me. I picked the Celtics in 5. I think I may be in trouble with that pick.
    Now it’ll be up to the Celtics to make adjustments to better defend, or just plain defend Butler for game two. If they don’t, Boston is going to be in a spot of bother.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Now it’ll be up to the Celtics to make adjustments to better defend, or just plain defend Butler for game two. If they don’t, Boston is going to be in a spot of bother.
    I think the real question is can Butler carry carry the Heat for 3 more games to win the series?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

How about if Tatum takes at least one shot in the 4th quarter.

The Lakers keep ahead of the Nugs, but they keep clawing back.

The Lakers are having a 4th quarter collapse.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 05-18-2023 at 07:57 PM.

The Lakers had ZERO answer for Jamal Murray who scored 23 of his game high 37 points in the fourth quarter to lead Denver to a 108-103 win and a 2-0 lead. A remarkable performance.

Nuggets are for real this time, and have stepped up and so far have solved the AD problem that neither the Grizzlies or Golden State could work out. If Laketown can't pull out the next game, its time for the brooms.

Don't think the NBA will be happy about the finals ratings this year.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 05-19-2023 at 10:51 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

The Celtics are collapsing like their the 76ers.