Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: The NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    I'm unhappy my Bulls lost to the 76ers except less unhappy because they lost to a talented pretty good 76ers team on the road.

I'm very happy that my Bulls started 4-0 for the first time without Michael Jordan which I'll always remember happening.
    I miss those days with Jordan and Pippen. They were so amazing to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    I miss those days with Jordan and Pippen. They were so amazing to watch.
    Has anyone been hearing the stuff Pippen has been saying about Jordan the last few days? It has been entertaining to listen to.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Has anyone been hearing the stuff Pippen has been saying about Jordan the last few days? It has been entertaining to listen to.
    You mean this second round of Last Dance beef Pippen is makin... Shiit, dude legit used to be my favorite player in the league, had a whole couple sheets of Fleer and Upper Deck basketball cards and everything. That wing position I've always thought was the coldest on the floor. Before him it was James Worthy was my guy, when I was a kid. I even got a transformational wing player in Paul George when he was a Pacer but that flamed out spectacularly.

Pippen been lookin' like the old dude still going to the young folks club for years now. This is ain't how you drum up interest in what ever liquor he's supposedly selling now neither. Embarrassing.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    You mean this second round of Last Dance beef Pippen is makin... Shiit, dude legit used to be my favorite player in the league, had a whole couple sheets of Fleer and Upper Deck basketball cards and everything. That wing position I've always thought was the coldest on the floor. Before him it was James Worthy was my guy, when I was a kid. I even got a transformational wing player in Paul George when he was a Pacer but that flamed out spectacularly.

Pippen been lookin' like the old dude still going to the young folks club for years now. This is ain't how you drum up interest in what ever liquor he's supposedly selling now neither. Embarrassing.
    Yep. I didnt know Pippen had the kind of beef with Jordan. I know a lot of people are hating on Pippen right now. I wonder how much of Pippen's statements are legit and people are just jumping on him because he is bashing Jordan, or are people right to go after Pippen? I legit dont know because I didnt know they had a fued.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Yep. I didnt know Pippen had the kind of beef with Jordan. I know a lot of people are hating on Pippen right now. I wonder how much of Pippen's statements are legit and people are just jumping on him because he is bashing Jordan, or are people right to go after Pippen? I legit dont know because I didnt know they had a fued.
    Superstar athletes with superstar egos often results in friction, sometimes serious friction. Look at Kobe and Shaq with the Lakers in the early 00’s, on the court, they were practically invincible, off the court, it was said they barely tolerated each other because they both wanted to be the top dog in Tinseltown.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Fantastic Member

Pippen's grief is of his own making. He was great, but legitimately not as great as Jordan at the time or in retrospect. But again, he was great and has been respected for it (both All-Time 50th and 75th teams) and you'd think he could be happy about that.

In 1990 or so, he signed an 8-year contract that he was happy with. But by the end of the 8 years, yeah, he was underpaid. But he signed the deal. MJ had a contract that, by the end, left him underpaid. But he played through it and got VERY paid those last three years with the Bulls. Pip shoulda done the same.

Pippen had an MVP-caliber season in 93-94. But it's most remembered because he sat out the last play that Phil drew up for Kukoc. Unfortunately for Pip, Kukoc drilled that shot. He couldn't even say 'told you so' afterwards, which I'm sure is what he was hoping. And all these years later, he still says Phil was wrong for drawing up that play. Pip was wrong for sitting out.

Pippen has been the cranky old man for some time. And he just gets crankier and older, obscuring his on-court brilliance more and more.
    Last edited by frankiedetroit; 11-04-2021 at 01:24 PM.

The Sixers leaned on their defense to beat one win Detroit 109-98 last night. The Pistons led 66-63 at the half after scoring 34 points in the second quarter. However, Detroit scored all of 32 points total in the second half as Philly pulled away for the win.

Joel Embiid is out after testing positive for Covid.

I saw an article on CBS Sports that said the Celtics might be interested in trading for Ben Simmons but they'd have to give up Jaylen Brown to do it. WTF? That doesn't sound like all that great a deal to me.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Without Embiid, the shorthanded Sixers come up short in losing to the Knicks 103-96 last night. It should be noticed that two of Philly's three losses in the early portion of the season came at the hands of the New Yorkers.

As for that rumored Celtics trade for Baby Ben Simmons, it doesn't make sense because it's extremely rare for division rivals to make trades with each other. Also, I seriously doubt Jaylen Brown would be the only player Boston would ask for, they'd be stupid if they didn't ask for one of the Sixers emerging young stars (Tyrese Maxey or Matisse Thybulle) and a draft pick. Yeah, it's a non-starter for me.

Sacramento fired Luke Walton. Article Link.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I understand there was something of a fracas in Motown between the Lakers and Pistons last night:

https://www.nba.com/news/lebron-jame...isaiah-stewart

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I understand there was something of a fracas in Motown between the Lakers and Pistons last night:

https://www.nba.com/news/lebron-jame...isaiah-stewart
    Yea L James Elbowed a guy in the face and it led to a fight. I saw the highlights. Looked like a hard hit.

Yea L James Elbowed a guy in the face and it led to a fight. I saw the highlights. Looked like a hard hit.
    While that incident wasn’t as horrendous as the cheap shot Kermit Washington delivered to Rudy Tomjanovich way back in the 70’s, it was still plenty bad. Now this begs the following question: will the league have the balls to bring the hammer down on Lebron and suspend him, especially with the Lakers in New York tomorrow night for a nationally televised game against the Knicks?

Boston Celtics player Ene Kanter is becoming a U.S. citizen and will change his name to Enes Kanter Freedom. No, seriously.

Did Lebron James ever have covid?