Page 67 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1086

Thread: The NBA

Incredible Member

This is a great story. Much respect to the old school.

The Nets have fired coach Jacque Vaughn. Article Link
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Lebron James just pushed the all time lead scorer mark over the 40000 point total

Ultimate Member

Wembanyama is the best rookie I've seen in years.

I say that without any exaggeration.

Goddamn...my Celtics just annihilated the Warriors yesterday.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

2-time NBA champion Rajon Rondo has announced his retirement.

Fantastic Member

I didn't pay much attention to the NBA this season, and seeing as how the discussion thread of the 2023-24 season is less than four pages long, I'm guessing not many others did on this forum did either. Or at least no one had much to post. Now that the playoffs are here, I hope to be more attentive. The West, as usual, is crazy. I would have never picked OKC and Minnesota to be top 3 seeds. And 11 teams were at or above .500.

Boston also looks tough. I'm a Lakers fan, so pulling against the Celtics is second nature to me. But, man, unlike Celtics teams of yore, I don't find any of their current players offensive at all. And if these exact players wore purple and gold, I'd be pulling for them. I do not think the Lakers will do much. If they make it out of the play-in, they are just ripe to be 4-1 or 4-2 at best to Denver.

Knicks to me are the biggest surprise, they lose their #2 man in Randall and still fight their way to second seed. Brunson is close to an MVP.

I wanted to comment more on the season, but couldn't find the thread.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Knicks to me are the biggest surprise, they lose their #2 man in Randall and still fight their way to second seed. Brunson is close to an MVP.

I wanted to comment more on the season, but couldn't find the thread.
    A bigger surprise than OKC which was 40-42 last season, but claimed the top seed in the West this season?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I don't remember Playoffs in which there is so much possibility of the lower seeds beating the higher seeds. With the exception of Boston, I think all the other series are wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A bigger surprise than OKC which was 40-42 last season, but claimed the top seed in the West this season?
    SGA has been the biggest surprise. But let's say the Knicks in the East and OKC in the west.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

SGA has been the biggest surprise. But let's say the Knicks in the East and OKC in the west.
    Brunson can be 1st Team All-NBA (as it's positionless they can put him alongside SGA and Luka)

The West ended in a virtual tie. And though Boston dominate the East, the wrong match up could send them home.
    There are obvious favorites, but any of these teams could make at least the Conference finals.
    It really is how they match up.

so being 10 games over .500 gets you the 10th seed in the West meanwhile in East the 9th and 10th seed are 4 and 10 games under .500 respectively

The West ended in a virtual tie. And though Boston dominate the East, the wrong match up could send them home.
    There are obvious favorites, but any of these teams could make at least the Conference finals.
    It really is how they match up.
    And injuries, always the X factor! e.g. look at Milwaukee and Giannis