Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: The NBA

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My Sixers rebounded nicely from an asskicking at the hands of the Celtics Tuesday night to nip Milwaukee 123-120 last night. Joel Embiid led the way for Philly with 42 points and 14 rebounds to counter Giannis Antetokounmpo who had 32 points and 11 boards in one of THE best Sixers wins of the season.
    Yep it was my favorite game of the season. Hopefully the best is yet to come.

Love to see the Bucks lose. Any team who has Grayson Allen don’t deserve to win.

think the 3 point contest has just completely replaced the dunk contest as the only entertaining part the day

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    think the 3 point contest has just completely replaced the dunk contest as the only entertaining part the day
    I think the 3pts contest replaced the dunk contest years ago.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by tarbabe View Post
    I think the 3pts contest replaced the dunk contest years ago.
    Agreed. The Dunk contest is very cyclical. It has some years (most recently 2020) when it's amazing. Then it goes through a drought where it's embarrassing. It's also SO MUCH DIFFERENT when you have no-names competing. There are few heralded rookies (let alone UNheralded) who I'm interested in seeing dunk. And just to show how real I am about this, I'm referring to 1997 Kobe Bryant. If it's Michael or Dominique or Vince -- people you're excited about -- you can sit through some misses. When it's Obi v Juan v Cole v Jalen (or Nate Robinson missing like 20 times), not so much.

The 3-Point Contest is consistently good. For one, there are actual good players competing. And if a 'lesser star' like Craig Hodges or Marco Bellini (I had to look that up) or Joe Harris wins it, it's generally because they got hot and electrified the crowd. A la Levine and Gordon in the Dunk Contest. I certainly was not interested in seeing them dunk back in 2016, but man, did they bring it.
    Last edited by frankiedetroit; 02-20-2022 at 02:53 PM.

The 75th anniversary was great, it was also bitter sweet seeing how many members who were there for the 50th just missed this one and knowing how many who were here for this one won't be here for the 100th(which Jerry West alluded to during the TNT draft). And Kobe Bryant's name being called was still emotional and shows it can always be someone you'd never guess.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    The 75th anniversary was great, it was also bitter sweet seeing how many members who were there for the 50th just missed this one and knowing how many who were here for this one won't be here for the 100th(which Jerry West alluded to during the TNT draft). And Kobe Bryant's name being called was still emotional and shows it can always be someone you'd never guess.
    I felt the same sense of melancholy and got choked up when they showed Kobe. Jordan being there was a true surprise. I saw this speculated in the media and wondered myself whether it was a situation where he had to make sure Scottie wasn't there first. Scottie has really screwed up his rep.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Looking forward to hearing about Paul George. I hope he's alright. I also want to see the Lakers lose yet again to the Clippers.

Everyone who shitted on Demar Derozan looks very stupid this year. He's been awesome so far. I also like how Zach Lavine has stepped up. Honestly I just love watching the Bulls and the Clippers.

Can't wait to see Fun Guy on a court again... Norman Powell as well.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

“The Beard”, a.k.a., James Harden makes his debut for the Sixers when they play in Minnesota tonight. It’ll certainly be interesting to see how he meshes with Joel Embiid and the rest of the team.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Simmons still out?
    Lakers should trade LeBron.
    Grayson Allen is the dirtiest player in the NBA.
    Last edited by tarbabe; 02-26-2022 at 04:38 PM.

Former Indiana Pacers coach and Grizzlies executive Dick Versace has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

James Harden’s debut for the Sixers in a win over Minnesota last night was stellar: 27 points, 12 assists and 8 rebounds. I figured there would be growing pains from being with a new team, plus, he had been on the court for three weeks, and yet, he nearly ended the night with a triple double. Pretty darn good.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    James Harden’s debut for the Sixers in a win over Minnesota last night was stellar: 27 points, 12 assists and 8 rebounds. I figured there would be growing pains from being with a new team, plus, he had been on the court for three weeks, and yet, he nearly ended the night with a triple double. Pretty darn good.
    It's hard for me to get excited about Harden. Given how his tenures ended with his last three teams, I can't help but imagine it's just a matter of time before he loses interest in this squad. I'm a big fan of Embiid, though, so hope it works out for him, at least in the short term.

The Lakers have to trade LeBron in the off season. The Lakers need a total overhaul.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tarbabe View Post
    The Lakers have to trade LeBron in the off season. The Lakers need a total overhaul.
    He's still the best player on the Lakers. The problem was letting LeBron and Rich Paul apparently run the Lakers personal decisions.

You need to have a strong executive office to deal with Lebron. Pat Riley didn't let LeBron run the show. Notice, LeBron had his greatest success in Miami.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs