Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Dick Jason and Tim...

I like Damian and he's a good Robin, but do you sometimes wish the Robins had ended with Tim? Bruce having a legitimate son makes no sense. Plus Dick is way more of a son to Bruce than Damian

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    I like Damian and he's a good Robin, but do you sometimes wish the Robins had ended with Tim? Bruce having a legitimate son makes no sense. Plus Dick is way more of a son to Bruce than Damian
    Tim? Meh. I don't hate him, but I don't like him either. He's just "there" for me. The other 3 though, they do make sense. Including Bruce having a bio son (even before Kingdom Come, with Silver Age whackery).

The hypocrisy of saying that Dick Is more of a son to Bruce than Damian. That's as bad as saying that Dick isn't really Bruce's son because he is adopted.

They are all his sons. Dick is closer to bruce than Damian but that doesn't that Bruce loves any of his kids any less.

I'm glad that Robin didn't end with Tim.

Dick Grayson is my favourite comic character and Damian enriched Dick's lore more than anything stories in recent years.

DC has a trend of taking from Dick to give to his bros

They down play his importance and role in the Batman mythos.

Morrison's batman and Robin reminds us that Dick is Batman's greatest success and his legacy.

It reminded us that Robin is Dick Grayson' not Bruce wayne's

I wouldn't change that.

Damian is a refreshing and fun character. He was the shot in the arm the Bat franchise needed and I'm glad WB intervened and made him a mainstay.

Bruce has had a legitimate son since Dick, Jason and Tim. If you mean bio kid that also isn't new.
    Last edited by Fergus; 10-20-2021 at 01:32 AM.

I love Damian, so I'd have to say no. Plus, I think it's really touching how Bruce moulded Dick to become a hero, only for Dick to do the same for Bruce's son years later. Gets me every time.

Extraordinary Member

This is a bad take.

No, i rather have Damian than not have.
    I would also trade Jason and Tim for Damian if i had to choose, even tho i like them.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    The hypocrisy of saying that Dick Is more of a son to Bruce than Damian. That's as bad as saying that Dick isn't really Bruce's son because he is adopted.

They are all his sons. Dick is closer to bruce than Damian but that doesn't that Bruce loves any of his kids any less.

I'm glad that Robin didn't end with Tim.

Dick Grayson is my favourite comic character and Damian enriched Dick's lore more than anything stories in recent years.

DC has a trend of taking from Dick to give to his bros

They down play his importance and role in the Batman mythos.

Morrison's batman and Robin reminds us that Dick is Batman's greatest success and his legacy.

It reminded us that Robin is Dick Grayson' not Bruce wayne's

I wouldn't change that.

Damian is a refreshing and fun character. He was the shot in the arm the Bat franchise needed and I'm glad WB intervened and made him a mainstay.

Bruce has had a legitimate son since Dick, Jason and Tim. If you mean bio kid that also isn't new.
    Ok, maybe the phrasing wasn't right but yeah I believe and know Dick is Bruce's son. I'm saying that Dick is Bruce's true son because he raised him trained him and then Dick went off to be a crimefighter in his own right.

BANNED

Damian is a love or hate character. I never loved Damian completely but he grew on me to an extent, I was not wishing he disappear from the books as I used too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Tim? Meh. I don't hate him, but I don't like him either. He's just "there" for me. The other 3 though, they do make sense. Including Bruce having a bio son (even before Kingdom Come, with Silver Age whackery).
    I feel like you about Tim. Nothing against him but... I feel like if the other Robins existence have more meaning.

Plus Dick is way more of a son to Bruce than Damian
    Agree with it.. Damian spend like 3 years with Bruce and turned independent with 13..

Probably he sees more ALFRED as his father than Bruce despite it should be something that every Robin has in common.
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-20-2021 at 09:09 AM.

Astonishing Member

I like Damian and he's a good Robin, but do you sometimes wish the Robins had ended with Tim?
    No. Why? Damian is a great character with an interesting stories and good books, he was major part of some of the best Bat-books for the last 15 years actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    No. Why? Damian is a great character with an interesting stories and good books, he was major part of some of the best Bat-books for the last 15 years actually.
    I kind of understand, Tim and Damian seemed to have a lot more solo adventures than teaming with Batman as their careers as Robin went on.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I like Damian as robin so can't agree

Incredible Member

Dick is the eldest son.
    Things are always going to be different with that relationship.

I think that Robin should have died if it is not going to be Dick Grayson.
    But that was never going to happen.
    The name meant too much to simply be phased out.
    I think the Earth-2 model was the one for Dick Grayson to follow.
    But I don't run things at DC Comics.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Overall, I would have had the Robins start and end with Dick.

But I do like Damian under certain writers, so specifically in this case I wouldn't have had it stop at Tim. I'd probably skip over the other two and go right to Damina if we need to have a second Robin.

Extraordinary Member

I've only really liked Damien during the New 52 Batman & Robin series, so I may be a bit biased, but yeah, sometimes. While from a real world perspective, a billionaire playboy taking in traumatized orphans to crime may raise a few eyebrows (and that's not even getting into training them then taking them out every night to fight said crime), from a comic book perspective, I always found the found family aspect of the Bat Family really appealing. Adding an actual biological son kinda put the kibosh on that.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.