Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
Maybe, but I did specify old-school. I was a huge fan of suicide Squad from the get-go, and consider it the best thing to come out Legends (and that includes George Perez's Wonder Woman, which I am also a huge fan of). John Ostrander proved the old saw about there being 'no bad characters' by taking a bunch of C-list characters and turning them into fascinating 3-dimensional characters that readers could really engage with, without betraying their roots and what had already been established. Alongside that, there was a supporting cast of relatable, flawed and very human characters, and at the centre of that was the Wall: the take-no-guff leader of this band of misfits.It was believable that this woman with no superpowers could keep a crew of second-string metahumans in line, and even force Batman to respect her.

Her 'origin' story (which I'm guessing is no longer canon after countless continuity reboots) was one of real tragedy, that explained why she is hard-nosed and ruthless as she is. And it rang true to me because, like so many women I have known, it the face of unimaginable loss and heartache, she picked herself up and forced herself to go on because other people were relying on her. I think some of this humanity may have faded in her later appearances.

Maybe she has became a cliche now, but I still consider it an accomplishment that Ostrander and co. managed to make a overweight, black menopausal woman with no superpowers and who doesn't look like a supermodel one of the most powerful people in The DCU.

(That was longer than I intended. Guess I still do feel strongly about the character and how she should be portrayed. )
I agree with all of this. And in the Justice league Cartoons where she was voiced by C.C.H. Pounder (Who is great in everything she has done BTW) just nailed 100 percent Amanda. When I read the older stuff with her this is the voice I use and the Version i see