Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Lets take bets on who hits Magneto in TOM #4 and #5, Wasp, Quicksilver, Northstar, who is going to be next ?.
    Krakoa himself.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Lets take bets on who hits Magneto in TOM #4 and #5, Wasp, Quicksilver, Northstar, who is going to be next ?.
    What a strange selection of people. Wasp, kinda/sorta an ex, after their brief time together on the Beyonder's battleworld in the first Secret Wars. Quicksilver, his kid (ish). Northstar, some utterly random mutant I don't know if he's ever really worked with, who happens to be a white-haired attitudinous speedster like his son.

So far, they either have to be able to move so fast he can't defend himself, or have some personal connection that would allow them to just walk up and slap the taste out of his mouth. I think we're out of speedsters, unless Surge or Velocidad has some arbitrary need to smack and run, so that leaves people he'd trust to walk right up to him.

Wanda. Lorna. Charles. Maybe Rogue. Luna. Billy. Tommy. (Mystique pretending to be any of the above.)

Ooh, Tommy is a two-fer! A speedster *and* someone close to him! Get that slappin' hand ready Tommy!

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Right?
    The title was editorially mandated.
    Leah has admitted in a podcast that she doesn't have the hubris to suggest such a title. This mini is essentially a 2 issue/arc pitch that editorial decided should be a mini and have Magneto's name on it.
    Fantastic. So Editorial thought shoving a fix-it-redeem-let's-guilt-trip-folks-into-loving-Savior-Wanda fanfic was not only a great idea, but that pretending it was a Magneto/X-Men story would make it even awesomer. Wanda's totally going to win the Krakoan popular vote and join the next iteration of Adjectiveless, isn't she?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    But what about former mutants who died before Krakoa came about or never made it to Krakoa in order to have the opportunity of Crucible? After all, millions of mutants were depowered at M-Day.
    Then they come back to their last backup

ETA: I guess this may not be the case bc I tried to think of any examples of a depowered mutant dying and being resurrected and came up with Prodigy, who had all his recent memories and that happened under Leah Williams in X-Factor. So according to her, Cerebro should still be backing up former mutants, regardless of mutant status
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-21-2021 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    What a strange selection of people. Wasp, kinda/sorta an ex, after their brief time together on the Beyonder's battleworld in the first Secret Wars. Quicksilver, his kid (ish). Northstar, some utterly random mutant I don't know if he's ever really worked with, who happens to be a white-haired attitudinous speedster like his son.

So far, they either have to be able to move so fast he can't defend himself, or have some personal connection that would allow them to just walk up and slap the taste out of his mouth. I think we're out of speedsters, unless Surge or Velocidad has some arbitrary need to smack and run, so that leaves people he'd trust to walk right up to him.

Wanda. Lorna. Charles. Maybe Rogue. Luna. Billy. Tommy. (Mystique pretending to be any of the above.)

Ooh, Tommy is a two-fer! A speedster *and* someone close to him! Get that slappin' hand ready Tommy!
    Hold up… where Rogue at? As the only former Avenger, Wanda stabber, and Magneto lover on the X-Men team, sis might have a lot say right now.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Should I start a "Who will punch Magneto next??" bingo card??

Maybe her inner 12 year old came out again.
    I’ve got $5 on Namor punching out ‘Neto next
    Last edited by ARkadelphia; 10-21-2021 at 07:58 PM.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Hold up… where Rogue at? As the only former Avenger, Wanda stabber, and Magneto lover on the X-Men team, sis might have a lot say right now.
    You'd think so, wouldn you? But nah, thought might be accidentally entertaining to read.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The monsters are clearly related to Wanda/Chthon/Chaos Magic.

But how do Jean and Rachel give back her memories. The most they can do is give her memories as an onlooker. And Rachel and Jean were not present in HoM
    Teen jean was given her “memories” by onlookers beast in all new xmen. This was enough to satisfy story needs, the rest is just hand waved away. Best not to overthink it too much and go with it if this happens with Wanda.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Teen jean was given her “memories” by onlookers beast in all new xmen. This was enough to satisfy story needs, the rest is just hand waved away. Best not to overthink it too much and go with it if this happens with Wanda.
    And because of that it was explicitly stated Teen Jean wasn't old Jean. She wasn't the same person who lived that experience.

Same for Jean having Madelyne and the Phoenixes memories in X-Factor it was said she was an onlooker not having lived the experience.

Same for when that D'Bari miner came for revenge Jean said the memories are that of an onlooker.

So there is still that distinction

Northstar needs to go, seriously Northstar taking over Captain America and Cyclops in strategizing an attack against the monsters.
    Northstar wasn't even an important member of Alpha Flight.
    I hope Magneto kicks his pompous arse.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    And because of that it was explicitly stated Teen Jean wasn't old Jean. She wasn't the same person who lived that experience.

Same for Jean having Madelyne and the Phoenixes memories in X-Factor it was said she was an onlooker not having lived the experience.

Same for when that D'Bari miner came for revenge Jean said the memories are that of an onlooker.

So there is still that distinction
    No, she really is teen Jean. I mean, I consider Phoenix Jean as her too, but I know that it wasn't what the narrative went for at the time. But everything from the original Bendis ANXM to Extermination says the time-displaced O5 are really just them.

Mighty Member

I have a real problem with Leah Williams and her writing style. She has great ideas, her characters are very interesting, but she can't build her stories. It always ends up going off in all directions, she can't focus on a theme, and you end up not seeing where she was going. And it's the same with this arc, as usual.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    I have a real problem with Leah Williams and her writing style. She has great ideas, her characters are very interesting, but she can't build her stories. It always ends up going off in all directions, she can't focus on a theme, and you end up not seeing where she was going. And it's the same with this arc, as usual.
    She's definitely better suited for stories of smaller scope. Regardless of editorial mandating, she committed to her writing decisions and the mischaracterization, unfocused narrative flow, weak plot, etc. - she still holds responsibility for how ineffective ToM has played out (but I'd agree she's not entirely at fault). Her lack of focus in the storytelling has just queued up more questions without effective answers to establish satisfying bread crumbs to hold the mystery together. It isn't nonsensical, just poorly structured.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I’ve got $5 on Namor punching out ‘Neto next
    Maddie's waiting on her turn after she's finished with Scott........

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

A few thoughts on things discussed that flashed into my brain:
    1) Not to wade back into this bit but I remembered that in the Battle of the Atom podcast Leah did earlier this summer she states outright that once she shared her vision for this potential arc in X-Factor on Wanda (which was supposed to be issue 15, 12 being the Prodigy story), the editors discussed it after the pitch and decided they wanted this to be a mini. And in order to make sure that this was her baby and become a full event/mini, they cancelled X-Factor so her whole and sole writing would be for this. And then added elements and requests that wouldn't have been in there originally to beef it up. Hence why X-Factor was cancelled as #9 was being written and had to change bits and then she had to furiously write 10 to get some wrap on stories (but was not given the heads up on having the Prodigy story being ghostwritten).

Podcast: https://www.comicsxf.com/2021/08/16/...leah-williams/
    BC Article: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/leah...arate%20comic.
    Does this excuse the writing issues we're all discussing? No. But it clearly states that sales were not the reason X-Factor was cancelled. So let's put that bit to rest.

2) As others have discussed, it would be extremely difficult for Jean and Rachel to put Wanda's memories from the ether and install them into her. The best they likely have done would be a la Teen Jean pulling Beast's version of Jean memories into herself. So an outsiders perspective on events. And yes, while Jean was dead during HoM Rachel (she was Betsy's sidegal) was there and was part of that rewrite with memories from the event. So she would be able to share some of what happened as well as linking to Emma, and together they as well as pulling things discreetly from Tony, Steve, and others. But yeah, it's not really the best writing but there is precedent for it.

3) The kaijus are def pulled out by Wanda, and I also doubt the actual identities of Billy, Tommy (in this issue), Pietro, and Erik at this point. I'd say Lorna too but sadly we know it's just the writing...