Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

I do kinda love that while monsters were attacking Billy & Tommy seemed to have no desire to help protect Krakoa in the slightest.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    You know, usually forum threads are known for going tangentially off topic and meandering into needless points of conversation; when a forum thread reviewing the book manages to stay on point better than the book itself, there's a problem.
    The book never went "off topic" though, you may not like the kaiju bits, I don't love them myself, but it's pretty clear they are connected with whatever is going on with Wanda, and that mystery of what's happening to Wanda is what this mini is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    They made all this fuss about hiding the truth of Wanda's death to Billy, and Brand lying and using it as political leverage or whatever and then he just appears today like is nothing lmao what
    It's almost like it's not really him, or there are inconsistencies on Krakoa that suggest not everything is as it seems.

I feel like this is the first time some of you have ever consumed a piece of media with a mystery in it. Generally it doesn't make complete sense until all the pieces are in place and the central mystery is about to be resolved and the story concluded. We are half way through the mini, by the time it ends, the seemingly inconsistent plot points will more than likely have been explained.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Marvel - "We need you to write an event that makes the Scarlet Witch a mutant again and leaves her no longer responsible for "No More Mutants" "

Any writer (not just LW, but any writer!) - "I can do this in 1-2 issues in a book"

Marvel - "We need it to be an event and a series"

A.W. - "How about a one shot? I can do this in one really focused book"

Marvel - "You have 5 issues to do it in"

A.W. "But I can do this in one issue...i don't need 5 issues"

Marvel - "You have 5 issues, get some filler in there"
    Still not as bad as Adam Warlock revival story in GotG getting turned into that Infinity Wars nonsense.
    "Cable was right!"

Marvel - "We need you to write an event that makes the Scarlet Witch a mutant again and leaves her no longer responsible for "No More Mutants" "

Any writer (not just LW, but any writer!) - "I can do this in 1-2 issues in a book"

Could be worse, imagine a second X of Swords event..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The book never went "off topic" though, you may not like the kaiju bits, I don't love them myself, but it's pretty clear they are connected with whatever is going on with Wanda, and that mystery of what's happening to Wanda is what this mini is about.

It's almost like it's not really him, or there are inconsistencies on Krakoa that suggest not everything is as it seems.

I feel like this is the first time some of you have ever consumed a piece of media with a mystery in it. Generally it doesn't make complete sense until all the pieces are in place and the central mystery is about to be resolved and the story concluded. We are half way through the mini, by the time it ends, the seemingly inconsistent plot points will more than likely have been explained.
    The story made sense, more or less, until Old Wanda showed up.

Kaiju? Chaos magic retaliating because of Wanda's botched/ incomplete ressurection.

Billy and Tommy going off with Wanda? Billy has something in mind that will hopefully help the situation and make Wanda whole again.

Amazing Member

Trial of Magneto as a whole is one giant clusterfuck. On one hand I feel bad for Leah because she's by far the author that got it worst in terms of editorial meddling (they made the ending of X-Factor worse and forced this "event" to get more sales), but on the other hand, man...she couldn't do anything to make this story at least decent?

Three issues in and everything continues to be a convoluted and confusing mess. At this pace everything will be solved in 1-2 panels on the last issues and everything else will be rendered even more meaningless.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The story made sense, more or less, until Old Wanda showed up.

Kaiju? Chaos magic retaliating because of Wanda's botched/ incomplete ressurection.

Billy and Tommy going off with Wanda? Billy has something in mind that will hopefully help the situation and make Wanda whole again.
    Literally every one of these is an ongoing plot point that can, and very likely will, be resolved within the next two issues.

Like, y'all, I'm not saying you can't critique Williams' writing, I can definitely see places where it could be improved, particularly the somewhat clunky dialogue in places. But complaining that the ongoing mystery hasn't been completely explained in the third issue of a five issue mini series is just a weird criticism to me.

Incredible Member

This is validating the argument that the resurrected are clones. There's a version of Wanda walking around with incomplete memories while there appears to be another (or real one) having some sort of astral/magical place walk about.

Though I agree with others that this seems like an X-Factor plot quickly changed to a "special event".

The scope definitely hindered this event. Too many characters, all the same voice, no cohesive narrative thread. A mystery with this many eyes and ears involved requires alot of ineptitude for these story beats to take place. The only reasonable answer for so many strange actions is that they're all fake. With people entering and disappearing at random and swaths of mischaracterization (like Jean and Rachel just dumping a decade+ of trauma onto Wanda and then walking away) I've just accepted this is basically a Saturday-morning cartoon the kids in WandaVision are watching.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    They made all this fuss about hiding the truth of Wanda's death to Billy, and Brand lying and using it as political leverage or whatever and then he just appears today like is nothing lmao what
    This, ongoing plot thread just stomped on

LMFAO accurate

Although she has the entire Avengers and Krakoa, I'd expect better filler w/ all these tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Literally every one of these is an ongoing plot point that can, and very likely will, be resolved within the next two issues.

Like, y'all, I'm not saying you can't critique Williams' writing, I can definitely see places where it could be improved, particularly the somewhat clunky dialogue in places. But complaining that the ongoing mystery hasn't been completely explained in the third issue of a five issue mini series is just a weird criticism to me.
    Same as the Billy thing in the first quote in the post, I feel they fight ignore/throwaway reason it which won't be satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    This is validating the argument that the resurrected are clones. There's a version of Wanda walking around with incomplete memories while there appears to be another (or real one) having some sort of astral/magical place walk about.

Though I agree with others that this seems like an X-Factor plot quickly changed to a "special event".
    This, people who wanted the special event loose because there is so much (unnecessary) X-factor stuff here when the focus could be on the others and X-factor fans loose because they jammed an entire event into their cast.

Magneto getting a whalloping again, he should have given Northstar a beating.
    This issue was all over the place.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Astonishing Member

That is… a suspiciously old backup copy of Wanda

Is the old Wanda the Wanda that died or the plant Wanda?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomura99 View Post
    Trial of Magneto as a whole is one giant clusterfuck. On one hand I feel bad for Leah because she's by far the author that got it worst in terms of editorial meddling (they made the ending of X-Factor worse and forced this "event" to get more sales), but on the other hand, man...she couldn't do anything to make this story at least decent?
    The thing is we'll never know exactly what happened behind the scenes. Marvel editors aren't a simbol of transparency regarding their decisions. And Leah is a professional who won't say what's really on her mind.

Maybe the editorial meddling ruined Leah's plans but maybe she simply can't deliver as writer such a big of a story yet.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    That is… a suspiciously old backup copy of Wanda
    It is. Does this mean Xavier and Mags always knew that she wasn't a mutant or Mag's daughter and that she would go crazy and do M-day