Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Good showing for Northstar. The Wanda mystery is progressing, if slowly. Still curious about what's going on with Speed and Kyle from the first issue, and Hope from the previous issue. The dialogue in the scene where the teams are preparing to fight the monsters is a little clunky. Werneck's art felt rushed and a bit sloppy in some panels.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    No. Wanda knew her powers were magic related even before she married Vision.
    That's not how I remember it, but anyway, it's definitely true that "chaos magic" wasn't a thing until that 1998 issue of Avengers where Agatha Harkness tells Wanda that her powers have been chaos magic all along (that sure sounds familiar now).

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if this was supposed to be a Magneto/X-Factor story and they revamped it at the last minute after Wanda got popular.
    I'm pretty sure that's actually what happened - the original story was supposed to be sn X-Factor arc, and marketing/editorial liked the idea so much that they cancelled the book in favor of making it a stand-alone mini and pushed the"trial of Magneto" angle for the sales boost.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    I thought this was a trial and murder mystery. It’s like they deviated from the original plot smh
    Ha! This is giving me a major Phoenix Resurrection Vibe where the main story could have been wrapped up in about three issues. Technically speaking the supposed to be a plot line in X Factor and then got turned into a whole event so I don't imagine the original story line was supposed to be five issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Good showing for Northstar. The Wanda mystery is progressing, if slowly. Still curious about what's going on with Speed and Kyle from the first issue, and Hope from the previous issue. The dialogue in the scene where the teams are preparing to fight the monsters is a little clunky. Werneck's art felt rushed and a bit sloppy in some panels.
    David Alleyne?

Hope to see more Quiet Council banter. By far the most entertaining part

10char

baumblume

This
    I was excited about this series but now it's...bad.
    And billy Tommy and pietro are not real-
    MAGNETO IS FAKE TOO
    it really was Wanda who kept killing herself

Also she definitely was the one creating the monsters

the writer didn't even bother to address Pietro her twin
    Trial of Magneto #3 was a pretty terrible issue.
    it is a insult to Dadneto and magneto family fans fans.

If the retcon doesnÂ’t fall, this will be Ralph Bohner 02

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    This
    I was excited about this series but now it's...bad.
    And billy Tommy and pietro are not real-
    MAGNETO IS FAKE TOO
    it really was Wanda who kept killing herself

Also she definitely was the one creating the monsters
    I think you're probably right on all this, except I do think that's the real Magneto. Maybe? Maybe Marvel doesn't even know (meaning the writer and editorial have different ideas on that and it's left vague)

I liked this issue. I’m more confused than ever but I liked it.

JP taking point was great and I would have copped a feel of Cap in the chaos too. Lorna giving Iron Man an order was a joy.

I didn’t expect the redheads to update Windows 98 Wanda so fast but ok. Seeing the three infamous words did trigger me though.

What do we know about the kaiju? Are they magic-related or just trying to eat Krakoa at the worst possible time?

I still think all of this is Wanda’s doing, a spell of sorts to “make things right”. When the cloaked figure revealed herself I thought it was Hordeculture. Wtf is going on?
    Happy full moon, friends.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

the writer didn't even bother to address Pietro her twin
    She did in the last two issues. This is an X-Men/Wanda book not a Wanda family book. I'm glad they're not getting large parts and taking up a load of panel time.

baumblume

That's Marvel for ya, killing great moments with corny ass jokes

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    David Alleyne?
    What about him?

There are some inconsistencies, but right now they feel intentional and I think they will be addressed and resolved by the end of the mini.

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    She did in the last two issues. This is an X-Men/Wanda book not a Wanda family book. I'm glad they're not getting large parts and taking up a load of panel time.
    Pietro is a XMEN
    This is definitely gonna piss off so many fans and I can't blame them.

When even a Billy cameo can't save an issue for me it's too far gone! I feel like I'm 6 years old again in theaters watching Shrek Infamous "Do you Know the Muffin Man Interrogation" walking way with more questions than anything else.

So many plot holes that whole scene in issue 1 with Tommy & Kyle getting devoured or whatever TF I feel I just have to let go. Did Hope even show up why did she do what she did? Why are we wasting time on an Avengers/X-Men team up that no one cares about?

Also why doe it seem that all of a sudden Billy & Tommy are the only 2 who seem to know what's going on! Are they working with old lady Wanda! What is this!?!?

Last edited by Journey; 10-20-2021 at 07:38 AM.

Pietro is a XMEN
    This is definitely gonna piss off so many fans and I can't blame them.
    He is not an X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    What about him?

There are some inconsistencies, but right now they feel intentional and I think they will be addressed and resolved by the end of the mini.
    Was it not Prodigy and Speed? (In relation to the last post)