Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Trial of Magneto definitely differs from the X-Factor run. Yes it has the same LW ticks but I was a fan of her writing style there even though its unpopular by many on here.

I say there is editorial shenanigans because LW herself said that this stroy was going to be a mini arc in X-Factor but EDITORIAL wanted to make it bigger. And by doing that we now have this conflated story with kaiju and Avengers dinner party.

The focus SHOULD be: the mystery of who killed Wanda, the issue of what happens when two bodies of the same individual are resurrected, wanda and the twins, etc

They story is not focoused on what it needs to focus on.
    Last edited by CGAR; 10-20-2021 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Trial of Magneto definitely differs from the X-Factor run. Yes it has the same LW ticks but I was a fan of her writing style there even though its unpopular by many on here.

I say there is editorial shenanigans because LW herself said that this stroy was going to be a mini arc in X-Factor but EDITORIAL wanted to make it bigger. And by doing that we now have this conflated story with kaiju and Avengers dinner party.

The focus SHOULD be: the mystery of who killed Wanda, the issue of what happens when two bodies of the same individual are resurrected, wanda and the twins, etc

indeed. And the book is called the Trial Of Magneto. First two issues, especially the first issue, really were strong in going that route for the main story, but it's lost it's way. I know there's still two more issues and it can get back on track, but with all the new things introduced unnecessarily here, I am having much lowered expectations.

To that, even with the Kaiju most likely being manifestations of Wanda's Chaos magic, it's still unnecessary to bring them in. They want evidence of that fact, there's shorter ways to show it. I'm usually a fan of show don't tell, but there's also such a thing as showing so much it drags things down.

This was a mess all over the place.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Williams means well, but this story just isn't good. It just feels like a mess unfortunately. Dialogue and characterizations aren't really hitting the mark here.

Thus far it feels more like a rough draft that needs more editing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    This whole issue was the most random X-comic I’ve read in ages. Reminded me of Chuck Austen’s run honestly. And that’s not a compliment.
    I agree. I still can't believe we lost X-Factor for this mess.

This series is so stupid. That ending..ugh

Astonishing Member

This stinks of editorial meddling.

Yikes. Bummed to hear this series is not living up to the hype.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I said in the other thread, this book doesn't seem to have an editor.

spoilers:
    - After they made a big point of how Billy wasn't there, suddenly he's there with no explanation.

- Billy and Tommy tell Wanda to come with them, but in the next scene, she's alone.

- David Messina's fill-in panels have Wanda's face traced from Elizabeth Olsen's, with no attempt to match the style of the main artist.

- I don't care as much about continuity stuff, but the editor should have told Williams that the "backup" Wanda would not know what chaos magic was or even that her powers were magic.
    end of spoilers

Maybe the seeming errors/inconsistencies are setting up something to be revealed later, but it doesn't make it feel any better reading it.
    This, and a story like this should have 0 plot holes, the point should be readers have hints to what's going on but not he full pic until they make the reveal and then it all falls in place,this is NOT how to write a murder mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    I thought this was a trial and murder mystery. It’s like they deviated from the original plot smh
    Facts

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    sounds like a little bit like a mess. uh oh, the time past Hickman starts to look grim already.....................
    LMAO yeah

I feel like editorial is interfering in another LW story just like they did with her last issue. Gahd they should have just let her complete her X-Factor run like they are letting all the other writers do. She had a plan and editorial just has to go and F it up.
    I hate editorial, there job is to make things make more sense/better and weed out the problems but they just seem to create them.But I also have to say LW X-factor was mid to bad for me, and her writing here even w/ characters is mid.If this was her big moment she did not deliver.

Did anyone notice the Krakoan gate in Wanda's little prison thing/whatever TF it is? Lemme guess she's gonna walk through & everyone will be like "Mutant"

Also the way they all just stopped caring about Wanda like WTF..... Also WTF happened to Pietro?

I've yet to obtain my copy but I'm inclined to agree. Especially after how they ruined her X-Factor run (both by cancellation and by ghost writing several pages without her knowledge).
    Sounds like some "THIS NEEDS MORE PUNCHING" aggro nonsense.

Mighty Member

The monster story was just a filler so the story can be stretched to four issues. It was totally unnecessary.

How can anyone give back Wanda's memories when even Cerebro don't have the backup? Memories are personal and not external. This is also lame.

By right, Cerebro should have a more updated version and this also confirms that Wanda is a mutant but Cerebro only records mutants.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I've yet to obtain my copy but I'm inclined to agree. Especially after how they ruined her X-Factor run (both by cancellation and by ghost writing several pages without her knowledge).
    Sounds like some "THIS NEEDS MORE PUNCHING" aggro nonsense.
    I need punching in my X-Men books but in that case they should've added a co-writer if they wanted to drag **** out to get $25 from readers or just let L.W. do her thing in 2 - 3 issues.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    I read it as the kaiju were responding to Wanda's mental distress as they first showed up when everyone was grilling Wanda and overwhelming her.
    Agreed. As Wanda was getting upset the first kaiju was surfacing but when JP flew in and attacked Magneto, the kaiju went back down.
    Then as Rachel and Jean were inserting memories, all three kaijus appeared.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!