Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Ha! This is giving me a major Phoenix Resurrection Vibe where the main story could have been wrapped up in about three issues. Technically speaking the supposed to be a plot line in X Factor and then got turned into a whole event so I don't imagine the original story line was supposed to be five issues.
    Actually, Phoenix Resurrection was supposed to be a large event that was supposed to spark a Shi’ar War based around Jean’s resurrection, but since the ending didn’t fit with Tom Taylor’s book, Rosenberg condensed it to a much smaller mini.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Well, well. That was something else. Let's just say the competition will be fierce between this title and X-Corps for Worst Mini of the year. Just... wow. The thing reads totally fine as a stand-alone entity, but holy hell does it a come off as a continuity/editorial trainwreck. Not sure I get what's going on with the x-office, right now. It's like they get super stoked on a crazy bad/average idea but then demand rewrites one or two issues in? I... Yeah, I don't know.

Anyway. Anyone else laughed out loud at the Kaiju thing?
    Yeah, but Percy doing a HoX/PoX knock-off based around Logan, right?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Yeah, but Percy doing a HoX/PoX knock-off based around Logan, right?
    Honestly not sure what you're saying here. That the upcoming event is a great idea/will thus break the current trend or the opposite?

Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    I know, but the rule no kills human was cause they said that no can resurrected them, so if Wanda is not a mutant anymore at this point I miss this spot.
    That is a ruling made by the Quiet Council because humans are not apart of Krakoa and for the fact that it would be impossible to resurrect every human on the planet who has died.

Hope broke the ruling. We still don’t know why, but Hope clearly had the Five go against Quiet Council ruling and bring back Wanda. The Five are their own individuals so they will do whatever they think is the right thing, like when they brought back Gabby and went against Council’s ruling about Madelyne Pryor being unfit to be resurrected as an individual. It’s as Moira stated. The Five cannot be controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Actually, Phoenix Resurrection was supposed to be a large event that was supposed to spark a Shi’ar War based around Jean’s resurrection, but since the ending didn’t fit with Tom Taylor’s book, Rosenberg condensed it to a much smaller mini.
    No it wasnt. Marvel envisioned it being a big cosmic event but they tasked Rosenberg to write Jean's resurrection story and he never wanted to do that. He wrote the story he wanted and didnt condense it for Taylor, whom was brought on late when Rosenberg opt out of writing Red. The only thing he changed was not releasing 4 pages of aftermath as that didnt flow well into Taylor's proposed arc for Jean going forward

That is a ruling made by the Quiet Council because humans are not apart of Krakoa and for the fact that it would be impossible to resurrect every human on the planet who has died.

Hope broke the ruling. We still don’t know why, but Hope clearly had the Five go against Quiet Council ruling and bring back Wanda. The Five are their own individuals so they will do whatever they think is the right thing, like when they brought back Gabby and went against Council’s ruling about Madelyne Pryor being unfit to be resurrected as an individual. It’s as Moira stated. The Five cannot be controlled.
    The ruling was made bc Cerebro doesnt back up humans automatically. It can and does whenever a former mutant goes through the Crucible. They are restored with their most current memories, not the one from when they wrere last considered a mutant. For example it would have sucked for Calisto to have lost 3-4 years of her life when she did the Crucible, but we know that wasnt the case
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-20-2021 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    This issue was even more random than the second one wth? Also is there any other Wanda we should know about
    Past Wanda Pre-HoM. Time effects how much a person changes.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

What? Bunn was writing the Teen Jean book and he didn't even know about Phoenix Resurrection. Pretty sure they dumped X-Men Red on Taylor at the last minute.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Did anyone notice the Krakoan gate in Wanda's little prison thing/whatever TF it is? Lemme guess she's gonna walk through & everyone will be like "Mutant"
    I mean, Jordan already explained Wanda is capable of doing that because she is made to full others into thinking she is a mutant. He made the connection to Cerebro and everything to connect her being able to walk through a gate unopposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What? Bunn was writing the Teen Jean book and he didn't even know about Phoenix Resurrection. Pretty sure they dumped X-Men Red on Taylor at the last minute.
    Bunn wrote Blue; Hopeless wrote the Teen Jean book. Everything was rushed and happened last minute with Jean's return. Taylor was added last minute and you could tell by the way he wrote a time gap for Red #1 bc he had no idea how PR was ending

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Bunn wrote Blue; Hopeless wrote the Teen Jean book. Everything was rushed and happened last minute with Jean's return. Taylor was added last minute and you could tell by the way he wrote a time gap for Red #1 bc he had no idea how PR was ending
    Yeah that's more in line of what I thought. Shame too they had the perfect Jean Ressurection cosmic event but squandered it for AvX.

Can't believe I mixed those 2 up. Thanks.
    "Cable was right!"

baumblume

on top of this it is so clear throughout this series that williams despises magneto pietro and wanda in particular LMAOO also can't feel through the story that the writer has love for or truly understands the magnus family characters or their interpersonal dynamics.

It is. Does this mean Xavier and Mags always knew that she wasn't a mutant or Mag's daughter and that she would go crazy and do M-day
    I feel if they knew M-Day was a possibility, they'd have said or done something when she was having a breakdown and they were trying to figure out what to do with her. I'm guessing it's either some strange, 10th Lifetime-exclusive hiccup, or Moira was all "just pretend this extinction event won't be undone lmao, dw we got this."

Quote Originally Posted by Nomura99 View Post
    A mystery has to be compelling though. None of what we've had so far has lead to anything more than "wait, WHAT is exactly going on?", that's a bad way of building up to the eventual payoff and resolution of said mystery. There's no bread crumbs, no even a hint of what might me happening to engage us on what could happen. The story/mystery has so little to stand on that there's zero theories about it and zero talk about it anywhere.
    We have a pretty good structure for a mystery: the first two episodes sow confusion and mystery, the third issue builds on top of that while also painting a clearer picture of what the story will be going forward, and the last two issues should wrap things up. Off the top of my head, I can name some of the plot points they're setting up: we're getting hints as to the meaning of Wanda's "death" & what it entails. People were already able to guess that the seemingly-random kaiju attacks are linked to Wanda's mental state. Magneto is covering up for somebody.

I'd say the main problem is that it's not a mystery-mystery, where X-Factor gather clues and put things together. The whole point of X-Factor is that they investigate and solve mysteries. So far, we're learning things because they're being revealed to us, the audience. The story has been interrupted by two Magneto attacks, the team as a unit has fallen by the wayside for other characters, and characters keep weaving in and out of the story. I was hoping for Phoenix Wright mystery-solving, but we're getting Moffat-era Doctor Who.

@Dante Milton: That's a great way of looking at things. It's really shaping up to be a story not about Magneto, but exploring various aspects of Wanda and how she can address the problems in her life.
    Last edited by Rift; 10-20-2021 at 01:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

It is. Does this mean Xavier and Mags always knew that she wasn't a mutant or Mag's daughter and that she would go crazy and do M-day
    Xavier died before the retcon and even then all they said on page was she and Pietro weren't Magneto's kids and they never established what their true genetics were.
    "Cable was right!"

No it wasnt. Marvel envisioned it being a big cosmic event but they tasked Rosenberg to write Jean's resurrection story and he never wanted to do that. He wrote the story he wanted and didnt condense it for Taylor, whom was brought on late when Rosenberg opt out of writing Red. The only thing he changed was not releasing 4 pages of aftermath as that didnt flow well into Taylor's proposed arc for Jean going forward

The ruling was made bc Cerebro doesnt back up humans automatically. It can and does whenever a former mutant goes through the Crucible. They are restored with their most current memories, not the one from when they wrere last considered a mutant. For example it would have sucked for Calisto to have lost 3-4 years of her life when she did the Crucible, but we know that wasnt the case
    Fair enough on PR, but not Cerebro.

It’s never been stated Cerebro is incapable of adding humans to back-ups. It does what it’s programmed to do. The ruling was made because resurrection is a Krakoa’s perk. All Charles would need is the data storage to fit humanity’s, which accessed through the logic diamonds Charles could easily get from the Shi’ar. It’s more of a matter of Forge programming it after the logic diamonds arrive. It’s pretty clear that humans are just not included because they aren’t a part of Krakoan society.

I never said anything remotely relating to this statement you made,

They are restored with their most current memories, not the one from when they wrere last considered a mutant.

I was explaining why humans were not being backed up in order to explain why Wanda was resurrected in which the answer is simply “Hope did what she wanted. She didn’t respect the Quiet Council’s decision”. That was the purpose, not to explain the mechanics of a back-up.