Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

There are now 3 Wanda’s. It’s Magneto’s dream come true and Lorna’s nightmare as she’s demoted to 5th favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Side note: I think it’s ironic how in Duggan’s X-Men everyone is being very careful about not pushing a bunch of Vault memories that Laura has missing on her (rightfully so) and here Rachel and Jean just thrash Wanda with some of her most traumatic moments all at once.
    That part really bothered me, especially when the Kaijus started attacking and everybody started leaving, then Wanda said :''What about...me?'' Like, Jean and Rachel just mindfucked her, and then left her to her own devices??????? Holy **** Jean, where is your psychology degree girl??? Wow.

For a writer that wrote a lot about traumas in her X-Factor Run, she sure didnt mind inflicting what could be decades of trauma on a character in 30 seconds and then just give 0 fucks about that character

Ohh they also call it her greatest hits lmao. Wanda raping Wonder Man, commiting genocide, etc. Damn... the hell was going on with Jean and Rachel this issue?
    Last edited by Fall-From-Grace; 10-20-2021 at 02:56 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    There are now 3 Wanda’s. It’s Magneto’s dream come true and Lorna’s nightmare as she’s demoted to 5th favorite.
    She’ll always be above Pietro, Joseph and whatever Luminous counts as

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomura99 View Post
    A mystery has to be compelling though. None of what we've had so far has lead to anything more than "wait, WHAT is exactly going on?", that's a bad way of building up to the eventual payoff and resolution of said mystery. There's no bread crumbs, no even a hint of what might me happening to engage us on what could happen. The story/mystery has so little to stand on that there's zero theories about it and zero talk about it anywhere.
    I'm finding it very compelling so far, and we do have some people speculating about the outcome and what is or isn't real. The reason there isn't more is because, for reasons I don't understand, people are interpreting the bread crumbs we have been given as dropped plots or continuity errors. So far we have the disappearance of Kyle and Tommy, Hope's decision to resurrect Wanda and send Magneto to fight the Avengers, the attacking kaiju, and reappearance but odd behavior of Kyle, Tommy, and Wiccan. All of these have one thing in common, they serve to misdirect the Avengers and X-Men while Wanda finishes her spell in the chaos magic realm, because it is important that the spell is not interrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I'd say the main problem is that it's not a mystery-mystery, where X-Factor gather clues and put things together. The whole point of X-Factor is that they investigate and solve mysteries. So far, we're learning things because they're being revealed to us, the audience. The story has been interrupted by two Magneto attacks, the team as a unit has fallen by the wayside for other characters, and characters keep weaving in and out of the story. I was hoping for Phoenix Wright mystery-solving, but we're getting Moffat-era Doctor Who.
    True, but again I think that is intentional and for good reason. I already mentioned how this is a story, in part, about Wanda claiming agency, and so it is imperative that she saves herself. The Avengers and X-Factor can't be the ones to assemble the clues that something is off and save the day. She must be responsible for deciding her own fate.

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    The boys are not real
    They are either projections of Wanda's magic, or they are real and being possessed by her magic and being used, along with Kyle, to keep the others from interfering with Wanda's spell. They are stowing away the resurrected Wanda because when she does bring herself back from this chaos magic realm, she will need a body.

So what is Wanda doing, what is the function of her spell? My theory now is that it relates to Axis and M Day. I think that when Wanda made the retcon Axis spell she altered reality to erase her mutant identity and familial relationship with Magneto. I think the spell she is performing now will allow her to reclaim those aspects of her identity. I think it is, essentially, a chaos magic fueled Crucible. A healing spell that to be properly performed must involve her acknowledging and accepting what harm she has done to herself and others, and to fix it. I think the spell will not only repower herself and Pietro as a mutant, but also all others who were affected by M Day. So it is a magical Crucible that will end the need for the Krakoan Crucible (because of course it will be a witch will end the Crucible).
    Last edited by Dante Milton; 10-20-2021 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I'm finding it very compelling so far, and we do have some people speculating about the outcome and what is or isn't real. The reason there isn't more is because, for reasons I don't understand, people are interpreting the bread crumbs we have been given as dropped plots or continuity errors. So far we have the disappearance of Kyle and Tommy, Hope's decision to resurrect Wanda and send Magneto to fight the Avengers, the attacking kaiju, and reappearance but odd behavior of Kyle, Tommy, and Wiccan. All of these have one thing in common, they serve to misdirect the Avengers and X-Men while Wanda finishes her spell in the chaos magic realm, because it is important that the spell is not interrupted.

True, but again I think that is intentional and for good reason. I already mentioned how this is a story, in part, about Wanda claiming agency, and so it is imperative that she saves herself. The Avengers and X-Factor can't be the ones to assemble the clues that something is off and save the day. She must be responsible for deciding her own fate.

They are either projections of Wanda's magic, or they are real and being possessed by her magic and being used, along with Kyle, to keep the others from interfering with Wanda's spell. They are stowing away the resurrected Wanda because when she does bring herself back from this chaos magic realm, she will need a body.

So what is Wanda doing, what is the function of her spell? My theory now is that it relates to Axis and M Day. I think that when Wanda made the retcon Axis spell she altered reality to erase her mutant identity and familial relationship with Magneto. I think the spell she is performing now will allow her to reclaim those aspects of her identity. I think it is, essentially, a chaos magic fueled Crucible. A healing spell that to be properly performed must involve her acknowledging and accepting what harm she has done to herself and others, and to fix it. I think the spell will not only repower herself and Pietro as a mutant, but also all others who affected by M Day. So it is a magical Crucible that will end the need for the Krakoan Crucible (because of course it will be a witch will end the Crucible).
    The question is why would she go to all this convoluted trouble to relate herself to a person she didn't even like? She was relieved to not be his daughter. Now they have her hugging him and whatever the hell else is going on here. None of it benefits her. Other than repowering mutants but Marvel could have had her do that when she still had the Life Force. According to them, she lost that, so she couldn't repower them for now over a decade. So that would make even more things just not make sense. Wanda in the chaos realm also doesn't seem aware of this deal to make a spell at all. She's just trying to survive the cycle of death and rebirth.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 10-20-2021 at 03:08 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fall-From-Grace View Post
    That part really bothered me, especially when the Kaijus started attacking and everybody started leaving, then Wanda said :''What about...me?'' Like, Jean and Rachel just mindfucked her, and then left her to her own devices??????? Holy **** Jean, where is your psychology degree girl??? Wow.

For a writer that wrote a lot about traumas in her X-Factor Run, she sure didnt mind inflicting what could be decades of trauma on a character in 30 seconds and then just give 0 fucks about that character

Ohh they also call it her greatest hits lmao. Wanda raping Wonder Man, commiting genocide, etc. Damn... the hell was going on with Jean and Rachel this issue?
    I still don't understand the purpose of that scene, honestly everyone is acting like NPCs to make the plot work :/ The fact that the characters who did it are Jean and Rachel of all people?? You have a woman who deals with the memories of the Dark Phoenix everyday and another woman who deals with memories of a past as a Hound, just throwing traumas about genocide into Wanda out of thin air, and without a second thought. Cmon Marvel!

They never said what happened in those panels with Wonder Man. But they luckily didn't show it this time. Why they showed that and not her joining the Avengers, having her kids, leading teams and all the relationships she's built is beyond me. Nope, hack stories. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They never said what happened in those panels with Wonder Man. But they luckily didn't show it this time. Why they showed that and not her joining the Avengers, having her kids, leading teams and all the relationships she's built is beyond me. Nope, hack stories. That's it.
    They even added a panel from that time in Empyre which NO ONE saw lol this is just a mess

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    They even added a panel from that time in Empyre which NO ONE saw lol this is just a mess
    Another good point. No one knew but Strange and he's in the process of his own death and resurrection without his memories right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I didn't understand this part, how could this old Wanda back-up have those memories or did rachel and jean put them on her? If this wanda was resurrected from her 60s/70s version, it doesn't make sense for her to have those vault memories
    It does if Wanda had those memories but couldnt access them

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It does if Wanda had those memories but couldnt access them
    There'd be no way for her to have her modern memories if she's from right after her and Vision got married. Her back up didn't have them. And there were a lot of memories that Rachel and Jean would not be aware of.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The question is why would she go to all this convoluted trouble to relate herself to a person she didn't even like? She was relieved to not be his daughter. Now they have her hugging him and whatever the hell else is going on here. None of it benefits her. Other than repowering mutants but Marvel could have had her do that when she still had the Life Force. According to them, she lost that, so she couldn't repower them for now over a decade. So that would make even more things just not make sense. Wanda in the chaos realm also doesn't seem aware of this deal to make a spell at all. She's just trying to survive the cycle of death and rebirth.
    Because it positions Wanda to be in place moving forward narratively where she retains the familial connections that many fans enjoy and could lead to more and interesting stories being told about those connections, it helps to absolve her of her part in M Day and finally put that story behind her so that others can be told, it gives her a clean slate with mutants and Krakoa opening up more story opportunities for her to be featured in these books moving forward. And, no Marvel couldn't have done this anytime, because there was an editorial edict to keep M-Day in place up to AvX, and then Remender and Marvel butchered what should have been Wanda moving past it.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

What I don´t understand is that her memory should not be that far back, given they just discovered she was not a mutant relatively recently, unless Cerebro stopped taking her brain patterns since that time but someone should have noticed. I liked the revelation of Older Wanda, this looks more and more like a magical trap.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

There'd be no way for her to have her modern memories if she's from right after her and Vision got married. Her back up didn't have them. And there were a lot of memories that Rachel and Jean would not be aware of.
    Thats all she has access to right now but my theory is that the rest of the memories are locked. Jean and Rachel werent aware of that other stuff; they just unlocked what was hidden within Wanda's mind

Honestly I think the Jean/Rachel giving/showing/unlocking her memories thing just doesn't make sense no matter how you think about it.