Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thats waht its looking to be but still not needed imo

Ok seriously though where did Pietro go?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Williams means well, but this story just isn't good. It just feels like a mess unfortunately. Dialogue and characterizations aren't really hitting the mark here.

Thus far it feels more like a rough draft that needs more editing.
    When Wanda called Magneto "Daddy"... I'll be the first to admit I don't know a ton about Wanda's comic history but that felt so off to me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    No. Wanda knew her powers were magic related even before she married Vision.
    She learnt magic before marrying Vision, but the whole Nights of Wundagore story happen after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ok seriously though where did Pietro go?

Or hope, if it was her who chose to resurrect this wanda back-up

I feel like a lot of key players in this situation were conveniently absent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Having this Wanda live is one way of absolving Wanda even in some way. She never participated in the deed so shes not the same Wanda.

Probably the only way to make her a viable character again
    And she’d likely work to undo the damage the other Wanda did. I could see this Wanda living on Krakoa with her father.

The Krakoan at the back says "TIME TO FACE YOURSELF." Also, I'm getting weird deja vu because I had a dream of writing out this post a few months back, before I even discovered this forum. Weird.

Every single issue so far has had an enemy come in and stir up ****, resulting in a climactic fight scene. At least Magneto isn't responsible for this one.

Anyway, the kaijus were not random. We saw earlier that Wanda's barrage of info and distress was causing some sort of disruption. Then the kaijus showed up immediately after the gingers decided to flood Wanda with a bunch of her traumatic memories. They also seem to have glowing runes and patterns, which could be anything, but seems pretty magical. They even speak in runes. Most likely, these monsters were subconsciously summoned or awakened by Wanda.

I don't think Wanda will be reset by the end of this event. Having her simply be a different Wanda/having forgotten M-Day/not having gone through M-Day would extremely cheap. There are still victims of her breakdown running around, and Wanda's own role as a victim would be ignored again. It's just a cheap band-aid that sidesteps the problem, instead of actually addressing it. And it's not going to prevent the same thing from happening again in the future.

My guess is that the kaiju represent Wanda's state: she's being flooded with issues that are ruining her life, and the lives of everyone around her. Unless she actually addresses them head-on, the problems just get worse. For Wanda, I feel like the story will ultimately be about moving past M-Day, addressing her familial issues and ultimately coming to a better place in life.

There are a few inconsistencies and unanswered questions (like Kyle and Speed getting caught up in those vines in issue 1), but those could be part of the growing mystery rather than some forgotten plot point. Honestly I'm not too sure, since editorial already screwed William's story over twice already.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

when does the trial start? lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    And she’d likely work to undo the damage the other Wanda did. I could see this Wanda living on Krakoa with her father.
    Yay, the dumb daughter Mag always deserves.

Incredible Member

i think they forgot to draw in pietro in later parts of the issue. lornas suddenly wearing her x factor costume again towards the end instead of her x men one so there's clearly art mistakes

Williams might be a fun person, but the X-people should really let her go. This was horrible, like wow!!!

The dialogues were rough and clunky.
    Wanda "came back" after being supposedly dead and that is the conversation people have?
    Rachel and Jean giving Wanda her memories makes no sense... They would at most give her some information about her life, but not really memories.
    Billy came out of nowhere.
    The art of Messina was so rough in some parts, I'm sure he was called last minute, but still...
    The Kaiju being creatures summoned by Wanda is okay, the problem is that it had no feeling of danger really. Maybe because of the art, but it felt rushed and nonsensical when they appeared. And the fight scenes are very hard to follow in some parts.

And what is that part when they decide to stop everything to go have... dinner? What?
    Last edited by Weather; 10-20-2021 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    i think they forgot to draw in pietro in later parts of the issue. lornas suddenly wearing her x factor costume again towards the end instead of her x men one so there's clearly art mistakes
    These are the unfortunate results when Editorial axes a quality book in favor of fast tracking a mini.

Do some of y'all actually believe Marvel's only reason for cancelling X-factor was that they liked Leah's proposed Wanda story and they wanted to make an event out of it? Why would they need to cancel X-factor for that? They could just done what Sword did with The Last Annihilation and had some issues of the book as part of the event. The simplest explanation is low sales. Leah Williams' weaknesses as a writer are very clear in this issue; not every flaw from her work should be blamed on editorial lol.

Astonishing Member

The Kaiju are there for Wanda to defeat when everyone else fails, ending the 'Pretender' nonsense once and for all.

I'm not sure where the Old Wanda plotline is going. Unless this is a time loop where she's supposed to meet her future(?) self.

I wonder if we're ever going to find out who killed Wanda. It definitely wasn't Magneto or suicide. Are they going to keep the murderers identity a secret for a shocking reveal in a later book?