Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Is the old Wanda the Wanda that died or the plant Wanda?
    Mutant Wanda

Ya know unless their trying to say during AXIS Wanda split her mutant part out & it became that old woman now the goal is to be whole IDK where this is going.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    This is validating the argument that the resurrected are clones. There's a version of Wanda walking around with incomplete memories while there appears to be another (or real one) having some sort of astral/magical place walk about.
    "Real" Wanda specifically mentions she felt a piece of herself and her memories go missing when Resurrected Wanda was introduced, they are connected.

Anyway, let's talk about Wanda. There are three versions of her in this story: past, present, future; maiden, mother, crone. The past version of Wanda, representing her character history as well as her meta depiction by past writers, is confronted with questions about herself and rather than confront those questions, rather than deal with the issues, she deflects and nearly raises a monster in her distress. When Past Wanda is confronted with the monstrous acts she has committed in her history, the island in beset by literal monsters to distract her and others from fully processing that trauma. Meanwhile, Present Wanda has escaped a destructive cycle by taking agency for her actions, by becoming an active participant. She has learned where she is and is now tasked with figuring out how to move forward, how to make things right. Future Wanda is acting as a guide, the Virgil to Dante, and might even be responsible for setting these events in motion. In this story, Wanda is being given an incredible amount of agency that the character does not usually receive. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all resolves.

How is Billy there? I thought that SWORD was distracting him.
    Why isn't Pietro in the issue?
    How do Jean and Rachel have access do Wanda's old memories?
    Where did this Wanda come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The Last Anhilation wrapped up, maybe Storm told him the truth afterwards Billy can teleport millions of miles in seconds so him being there isn't surprising the fact we never saw his reaction is the surprising part. Idk what happened to Pietro, or how Jean & Rachel were able to give Wanda memories that not even privy too such as the Empyre zombies ****, & seems like Hope ressurrected her but miss thang was nowhere to be seen who knows.

baumblume

This **** is so bad please just make Wanda and Pietro a mutants again already

Why does Magik get a variant cover if she doesn't appear in the isssue?

baumblume

Rachel just gave young Wanda memories of her badly written stories, kinda bringing back the eras back even though she's worked hard to move on from them and fix her mistakes

Why even call it "Trial of Magneto?" There's no trial and barely any Magneto.At this point, its obvious Magneto is being framed. The problem is that the writer seems to have forgotten about finding Wanda's killer.

Better question, how the heck Billy is on the island? Tommy said he could not reach him because of space battles in the last issue

Why does Magik get a variant cover if she doesn't appear in the isssue?
    Since when did variant covers indicate who or what happens in a book?

Incredible Member

I'm thinking Rachel's chronoskimming with her TP combined with omega TP allowed them to fill in some blanks.

It's hinted that the Five disobeyed the QC and resurrected Wanda anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ya know unless their trying to say during AXIS Wanda split her mutant part out & it became that old woman now the goal is to be whole IDK where this is going.
    That actually a good way to approach it.

My guess is its because Cerebro was still backing her up despite what was said. I think thats the simplest answer. This Wanda was only restored to an older point, but the memories were still there unaccessible to her until Jean and Rachel unlocked them

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    I'm thinking Rachel's chronoskimming with her TP combined with omega TP allowed them to fill in some blanks.

It's hinted that the Five disobeyed the QC and resurrected Wanda anyway.
    Rachel's chromoskimming is very limiting at least as already portrayed by Leah in X-Factor. She doesnt have access to years worth of memories far removed from the original location of those experiences. I dont think Jean boosting her can make that possible as a clone shouldnt have any psychic imprint for them to even pick up on.
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-20-2021 at 12:17 PM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Well, well. That was something else. Let's just say the competition will be fierce between this title and X-Corps for Worst Mini of the year. Just... wow. The thing reads totally fine as a stand-alone entity, but holy hell does it a come off as a continuity/editorial trainwreck. Not sure I get what's going on with the x-office, right now. It's like they get super stoked on a crazy bad/average idea but then demand rewrites one or two issues in? I... Yeah, I don't know.

Anyway. Anyone else laughed out loud at the Kaiju thing?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Literally every one of these is an ongoing plot point that can, and very likely will, be resolved within the next two issues.

Like, y'all, I'm not saying you can't critique Williams' writing, I can definitely see places where it could be improved, particularly the somewhat clunky dialogue in places. But complaining that the ongoing mystery hasn't been completely explained in the third issue of a five issue mini series is just a weird criticism to me.
    A mystery has to be compelling though. None of what we've had so far has lead to anything more than "wait, WHAT is exactly going on?", that's a bad way of building up to the eventual payoff and resolution of said mystery. There's no bread crumbs, no even a hint of what might me happening to engage us on what could happen. The story/mystery has so little to stand on that there's zero theories about it and zero talk about it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    "Real" Wanda specifically mentions she felt a piece of herself and her memories go missing when Resurrected Wanda was introduced, they are connected.

Anyway, let's talk about Wanda. There are three versions of her in this story: past, present, future; maiden, mother, crone. The past version of Wanda, representing her character history as well as her meta depiction by past writers, is confronted with questions about herself and rather than confront those questions, rather than deal with the issues, she deflects and nearly raises a monster in her distress. When Past Wanda is confronted with the monstrous acts she has committed in her history, the island in beset by literal monsters to distract her and others from fully processing that trauma. Meanwhile, Present Wanda has escaped a destructive cycle by taking agency for her actions, by becoming an active participant. She has learned where she is and is now tasked with figuring out how to move forward, how to make things right. Future Wanda is acting as a guide, the Virgil to Dante, and might even be responsible for setting these events in motion. In this story, Wanda is being given an incredible amount of agency that the character does not usually receive. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all resolves.
    Thank you for this perspective. I did not get this at all from my reading. I like when others shed light on what is being written.

I sometimes feels bad for not liking Excalibur because I feel like a miss a lot that the writer is trying to get across but I just to read it as such.

Appreciate this perspective.