Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Never mind all of the recent instances where her actions would be phenomenally foolish if they were the actions of an omnipotent/omnipresent being.
    Exactly, not trying to bash or demean Jean as she is character I’ve liked, but I’m not willing to prop her up like that until there are feats that back it up. Showing Wanda the moments when she is portrayed as a complete dumpster fire is just horrible. Though they could have shown her the good parts too, I don’t like the visual emphasis that was put on just showing her greatest mistakes.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Ok got me on those points, but how is Jean connected to the one above all when she looked into Knulls mind when he was weakens and fought Nightmare when he is weak outside his dimension. Granted her making Nightmare her look pathetic was great, but Jean is not omnipotent or omnipresent when she has seen events she wasn’t present for through the minds of others.
    I won't derail Wanda's thread, but I will say this: It's been a slow rollout for the First Lady of the X-Men. Her toxic dance with the Phoenix Force was a rite of passage meant to test her power, mettle, and willingness to surrender one of the primal cosmic forces for the greater good. She succeeded not only in surrendering but bending it to her will without having ever bonded with it (see Jean Grey #11). And now it's on to the next phase of her development...

Never forget, it has been when at her purest, i.e., not bonded with the Phoenix Force, that her power has been most accurately assessed.

1968: Computo and its bots make a calculated assessment:

1986: Destiny makes a groundbreaking discovery:

1988: Once again, Destiny observes the truth:

Henceforth, you shall refer to her as Omniscia.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Didn't she need Emma to read Magneto's mi...
    You must be referring to this panel...

But you overlooked the next panel in which she entered Magneto's mind anyway and observed, "A nightmare can't confess."

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    never mind
    Exactly.

Did that little boy mutant call Laura "mama"? Has she been making more mutants?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Henceforth, you shall refer to her as Omniscia.
    Uhh…Jean ain’t the only one that’s in Destiny’s blind spot. Also do you think Jean could explain why Wanda is currently in a “afterlife” created by Wanda’s chaos magic? I mean an omnipotent being should be able to peer into dimensions and plans that aren’t easily seen. I’m willing to DM the rest of this side discussion if you could grace me with your time if not I won’t say anything further about it.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 10-20-2021 at 07:21 PM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Uhh…Jean ain’t the only one that’s in Destiny’s blind spot. Also do you think Jean could explain why Wanda is currently in a “afterlife” created by Wanda’s chaos magic? I mean an omnipotent being should be able to peer into dimensions and plans that aren’t easily seen. I’m willing to DM the rest of this side discussion if you could grace me with your time if not I won’t say anything further about it.
    Who else has Destiny called "an anomaly" and "a nexus of probabilities"...?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Really stretched two pages of story into a whole issue huh. Not a lot of trial or Magneto in this one.

Seeing the Avengers and X-Men fight together for a change as nice, but I question Jean and Rachel deciding "yeah let's mess with the mind of a person who once wiped out our species accidentally after having her mind messed with"
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 10-20-2021 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    The Pretenderspawn are as selfish as their mother.

Pietro doesn't add much.

Percy is Marvel's Golden Boy right now.

They should have included a whopping helping of guilt and shame.
    Meh Billy's royalty he has no time for the ungrateful communist peasants of Krakoa who threw a party when his mother was dead let them solve their own sh*t.

The only known omnipotent being on that island currently is Billy, which maybe why he's the only one who seems to have an idea of what's going on with Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The only known omnipotent being on that island currently is Billy, which maybe why he's the only one who seems to have an idea of what's going on with Wanda.
    Gotta wonder when Billy was even informed that his mother was dead considering how big a deal was made in keeping him in the dark about this.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

What happened to the trial lol.

I feel bad for Leah Williams. From writing an overall solid book to this. She got screwed over.

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    What happened to the trial lol.

I feel bad for Leah Williams. From writing an overall solid book to this. She got screwed over.
    Comes with the territory of writing for someone else's IP, unfortunately. Even Hickman had his plans compromised.

They said at the beginning that it being called a trial is a figurative thing. But really still, it's not like it's testing Magneto at all. Unless things pick up in the last two issues. So far he's just repeatedly been attacked.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Who else has Destiny called "an anomaly" and "a nexus of probabilities"...?
    Moira is the same sort of an anomaly.

That does not make her omniscient/omnipotent.

Never mind that a bunch of the things Jean has done recently make no sense if she is either of those things.

Never mind both.

Never mind that someone would need a really good explanation for how X-Men #9 or X Of Swords: Creation play out if Jean is omniscient/omnipotent.