Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    baumblume

Genuinely! I’m upset waste of my time

Rather the Kaiju be the mutants' feelings about Wanda come manifest. Her chaos magic and a mixture of their collective emotional trauma breeding eldritch nightmares.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    I would have been fine if it was a trial in the sense of Magneto confronting his own psyche about his own damage in treating his children but it’s not even about that.

I genuinely feel defrauded for buying the print. Also lack of quicksilver
    Blame the X-Office editorial staff. They hijacked Leah's mini story arc and decided it needed to be a this bigger mini, which meant: they canned her actual book and had fill-in writers adding things to her stories without her consent or knowledge; created a sensational title for this that she didn't have anything to do with; had her try and make this a much bigger "thing" so there are lots of fluff moments as she was given a short deadline to make this happen.

While I don't think Leah is blameless in terms of complaints on the writing within the book, there is lots to be said about editorial interference on this project overall and how it has created the product we have now which.

100% agree, Askani's Flame

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Blame the X-Office editorial staff. They hijacked Leah's mini story arc and decided it needed to be a this bigger mini, which meant: they canned her actual book and had fill-in writers adding things to her stories without her consent or knowledge; created a sensational title for this that she didn't have anything to do with; had her try and make this a much bigger "thing" so there are lots of fluff moments as she was given a short deadline to make this happen.

While I don't think Leah is blameless in terms of complaints on the writing within the book, there is lots to be said about editorial interference on this project overall and how it has created the product we have now which.
    I Blame leah for shitty writing, shitty dialogue, and shitty characterization

I Blame leah for shitty writing, shitty dialogue, and shitty characterization
    Which is fine as those fall under her, but you've also mentioned other issues with this series and those don't fall on her plate.

Incredible Member

If this were just a Avengers - X-men miniseries crossover, would totally skip this series. It could have just been a Kaiju focused crossover even. But by throwing Magneto into the mix, and positioning the series as a referendum on Magneto's position on Krakoa, Marvel is marketed this as something that it is not.

It is weird how bad a grasp the writer has on the Avengers (I am otherwise mostly fine with the mutants, as their portrayal is well within the expected variance from different writers). Tony Stark is positioned as quite the oaf, and has he ever been this negative towards the Scarlet Witch? Steve Rogers is turned into a mansplainer. The Avengers/X-men quickly turn pessimistic about not being able to defeat the Kaiju, when they have faced so much greater odds without showing this much doubt about victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    That's a good thought. In my opinion it would have to, otherwise they wouldn't be able to bring back depowered mutants without having them lose years worth of memories. They also can't rely on making an up to date backup during the Crucible, because not every depowered mutant is guaranteed to go through that and may die from other causes at any moment.
    The crucible stuff came out so long ago, but I guess I just explained it away as “once Cerebro has registered you as a mutant it keeps updating.” That’s so contrary to whatever is going with the twins. Can Charles manually delete or add people to the backup list?

Cerebro doesnt make backups of humans; it does so automatically for mutants. Former mutants that go through the Crucible get manually backed up before their death so that they are brought back as they were before the Crucible fight

Incredible Member

Is there actually going to be a Trial in the Trial of Magneto or was it a misleading title to get people reading?
    Shrug. Word Trial has more than one meaning. Might mean Magneto has to be the one (in spite of the Avengers) to successfully resolve this mess.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 10-21-2021 at 10:15 AM.

Amazing Member

God, this issue was awful, the story's all over the place and the writing is dreadful, since issue#1 the whole thing's fallen off a cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Cerebro doesnt make backups of humans; it does so automatically for mutants. Former mutants that go through the Crucible get manually backed up before their death so that they are brought back as they were before the Crucible fight
    But what about former mutants who died before Krakoa came about or never made it to Krakoa in order to have the opportunity of Crucible? After all, millions of mutants were depowered at M-Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    But what about former mutants who died before Krakoa came about or never made it to Krakoa in order to have the opportunity of Crucible? After all, millions of mutants were depowered at M-Day.
    Technically all mutants since about the time of ANAD started being backed up. So if there are depowered mutants that are still alive, they have an opportunity to go to Krakoa and enter the Crucible if they so choose. It's access that is the issue for many I am sure.

Lets take bets on who hits Magneto in TOM #4 and #5, Wasp, Quicksilver, Northstar, who is going to be next ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Lets take bets on who hits Magneto in TOM #4 and #5, Wasp, Quicksilver, Northstar, who is going to be next ?.
    Luna