Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    My headcanon says the high evolutionary made them fake mutants and somehow he was able to fool cerebro with a fake mutant dna
    Nah, High Evolutionary made a deal with the Disney Corporation and bought stock in trade in Mutant DNA rights, the ones that were retconned to be removed by Wanda's action in Axis. the Mutant genome was spliced back in on the sly.

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Nah, High Evolutionary made a deal with the Disney Corporation and bought stock in trade in Mutant DNA rights, the ones that were retconned to be removed by Wanda's action in Axis. the Mutant genome was spliced back in on the sly.
    hahahahaahahahah
    i just want mutant pietro.

I feel like editorial is interfering in another LW story just like they did with her last issue. Gahd they should have just let her complete her X-Factor run like they are letting all the other writers do. She had a plan and editorial just has to go and F it up.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Wait… this was supposed to be humorous!?
    No, it isn't. Not sure why she keeps saying that.

Where do y'all see editorial influence my main beef is it seems this story has no editor at all it's all over the place.

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    No, it isn't. Not sure why she keeps saying that.
    that book is bad joke

This issue was even more random than the second one wth? Also is there any other Wanda we should know about

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Where do y'all see editorial influence my main beef is it seems this story has no editor at all it's all over the place.
    The entire thing was just a disaster though.
    It is too violent for children and too stupid for adults.

Mighty Member

What a mess. Random. Like spin the wheel for ideas and throw it in the story random. Whatever happened to KISS? Keep It Simple Stupid. Between Magneto’s random attitude change to fit the story, random Kaiju attacking and some other “uh?” moments, keeping the simple straight forward “who done it” mystery with Magneto being the suspect and Wanda’s resurrection and confirmation as a mutant would have been an easier and better story.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    This issue was even more random than the second one wth? Also is there any other Wanda we should know about
    Jeans Wanda, Hope's Wanda, Mags is Wanda!! I'M WANDA!!!!

It's 2 late to fix anything now that everything has gone wrong...

Astonishing Member

Trial reads exactly like X-Factor did, the only difference is they're using a different batch of characters. So it's no surprise it's messy, people should have expected nonsensical stuff based off the writer's prior work. Overall a subpar issue but not the worst thing Marvel's putting out. I hope this story does something to fix Wanda so she can leave the X-Office, more than any character in this event she deserves better.

The whole thing screams editorial interference. The bloated story, the presence of Duggan’s X-Men team, and even the title “X-Men: Trial of Magneto” was assigned by editorial. Seems like no editors wanted to stay on after the fact to make sure the story made a lick of sense.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

As others have pointed out, this story was most likely just going to be an arc in X-Factor, not an event mini series. So the big one is the fact it was branded as the "Trial of Magneto", probably by editors, which creates certain expectations in readers, when the story was probably not ever really going to be about that. And some characters are involved that were probably not originally intended to be. This is primarily a Wanda and X-Factor story and it should have been marketed as such.

They marketed it as a Magnus family story which is the only reason it's selling so well the focus should be on them & the X-Factor team most readers don't care about the rest. Oh & people wanna see if the retcon gets undone in some capacity if it doesn't the backlash is going to be horrible for Leah lemme tell you the set up is real.