Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Because it positions Wanda to be in place moving forward narratively where she retains the familial connections that many fans enjoy and could lead to more and interesting stories being told about those connections, it helps to absolve her of her part in M Day and finally put that story behind her so that others can be told, it gives her a clean slate with mutants and Krakoa opening up more story opportunities for her to be featured in these books moving forward. And, no Marvel couldn't have done this anytime, because there was an editorial edict to keep M-Day in place up to AvX, and then Remender and Marvel butchered what should have been Wanda moving past it.
    She had those familial links for 30 years and they did nothing with it. I don't think they intend to do anything more than that, or they'd have done more footwork to make a bridge between Wanda absolutely hating Magneto so much that she wrote him out of her life, to hugging him. They wouldn't have spent the last over a decade making up excuses for her not to reconnect with her sons. When her whole purpose following Children's Crusade was to reconnect with her sons. They've repeatedly dropped the ball on chances to have stories based on family. Nevermind that they don't have to have any biological link to even consider each other family because of all the years between them. So a convoluted spell isn't even necessary, let alone making any sense.

They should have had the clean slate with mutants be over a decade ago as well when she wanted to go to mutants individually and ask consent to give back their powers. It doesn't make sense for her to be able to do it after she's lost the life force when that was their excuse for keeping mutants depowered. The crucible alone though made that null and void.

Editorial dropping the ball is all on them. It's why I criticize Marvel as a whole. As a company, because they decide on this garbage.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats all she has access to right now but my theory is that the rest of the memories are locked. Jean and Rachel werent aware of that other stuff; they just unlocked what was hidden within Wanda's mind
    They barely knew Wanda, and some of the stuff they weren't even around for so it makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They barely knew Wanda, and some of the stuff they weren't even around for so it makes no sense.
    They probably just gave her snippets of events using everyone around them to fill in the blanks. That means this Wanda has memories and experiencing them as an onlooker not as someone who lived the experience.

Why would they need to know Wanda and be around for that stuff to help her unlock her mind? They're telepaths and undo mental blocks and/or probe for hidden memories

Why would they need to know Wanda and be around for that stuff to help her unlock her mind? They're telepaths and undo mental blocks and/or probe for hidden memories
    They weren't unlocking her mind. She didn't have that stuff in her mind. They were giving her other Wanda's memories. The Wanda that is now in the chaos realm.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    They probably just gave her snippets of events using everyone around them to fill in the blanks. That means this Wanda has memories and experiencing them as an onlooker not as someone who lived the experience.
    No one around knew of Genosha. And the Avengers weren't around to give them memories. They just arrived on the island. No one there was present for most of her life.

Whats been suggested isn't a mental block. Whats being implied is that this iteration of Wanda is from before she married Vision. The 5 ressurected her and stuck and outdated brain engram in the husks head. So there would be no memories to unlock. They would have to borrow pieces from anyones mind who was present to fill in the blanks

No one around knew of Genosha. And the Avengers weren't around to give them memories. They just arrived on the island. No one there was present for most of her life.
    I'm sure Strange told Magik off panel.

Captain America wasp and Magneto are standing right there they have the basics covered there. Rachel and Jean could have pulled directly from their minds
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 10-20-2021 at 03:35 PM.

Whats been suggested isn't a mental block. Whats being implied is that this iteration of Wanda is from before she married Vision. The 5 ressurected her and stuck and outdated brain engram in the husks head. So there would be no memories to unlock. They would have to borrow pieces from anyones mind who was present to fill in the blanks

I'm sure Strange told Magik off panel
    Thats why I said what I propose was just a theory. The story isnt done yet so Im not sure I can take what is presented at face value without anticipating more twists by the final issue

The Avengers were there. They had Vision, Cap and Iron Man to pull from

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The great thing is...only one last issue to go.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Is it double sized?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    1? I thought there was 2. I wonder how Leah lands this dumpster plane in just one issue

There's two issues left. The one for November and the one for December.

I'm sure Strange told Magik off panel.

Captain America wasp and Magneto are standing right there they have the basics covered there. Rachel and Jean could have pulled directly from their minds
    At least they should have explained the process behind it, one sentence would have been enough, because reading it, it looks like they just implanted memories that came from literally nowhere

Thats why I said what I propose was just a theory. The story isnt done yet so Im not sure I can take what is presented at face value without anticipating more twists by the final issue

The Avengers were there. They had Vision, Cap and Iron Man to pull from
    They had just gotten there and there seems to be no panel of them taking memories from them. Unless we are supposed to believe that happened off panel or they took those memories without their consent.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

My bad...thought it was a 4-issue LS.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!