Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New Silk comic

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    The problem there is it kinda falls apart when they’re using Spider-Man adjacent characters with no Spider-Man.
    It's their problem not mine. To me it's just a fun experiment and I'm curious if they can pull it off. I don't think Venom did but maybe Silk can.

Extraordinary Member

The problem there is it kinda falls apart when they’re using Spider-Man adjacent characters with no Spider-Man.
    This, Venom suffered from this IMO.And so will Kraven, and the Black cat and Sable movie would have too.Same way Catwoman did.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's their problem not mine. To me it's just a fun experiment and I'm curious if they can pull it off. I don't think Venom did but maybe Silk can.
    I’d say that it becomes the fanbase’s problem since at that point it’s affecting the quality of the product especially when that basically becomes the definitive adaptation of the character. Even if the experiment fails, we’re stuck waiting years for it to be tried again and all because Sony decided to be greedy and want the cinematic universe money while halfassing it.

Extraordinary Member

I’d say that it becomes the fanbase’s problem since at that point it’s affecting the quality of the product especially when that basically becomes the definitive adaptation of the character. Even if the experiment fails, we’re stuck waiting years for it to be tried again and all because Sony decided to be greedy and want the cinematic universe money while halfassing it.
    This as well, any Silk fans aren't getting a faithful adaptation since most of her origin and character is something we don't have here.It could still be good but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Anya's a minority herself, she's Latina.
    I know, I specifically mentioned Anya and mentioned that Cindy could be a "better" choice because Cindy is a newer flavor who didn't show up outside of comics yet.

Not really, as the Black Widow book actually stars BOTH Black Widows - Yelena is Natasha's partner, and they, Anya, and a brand new character are a team of four.
    Ah, right, keep forgetting other Black Widows exist...

Current Natasha is a clone too right?

Considering we already have Venom's movie, who depends on Spidey so much to exist, and they removed Spidey... Well, if we get a Sinister Six movie, with no Spider-Man, I won't be surprised, but I will be annoyed lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Ah, right, keep forgetting other Black Widows exist...

Current Natasha is a clone too right?
    Yeah, Nat was killed off in Secret Empire, saving Miles's life. Cloning was how she was resurrected. It's not that different to most of the X-Men.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Nat was killed off in Secret Empire, saving Miles's life. Cloning was how she was resurrected. It's not that different to most of the X-Men.
    Cloning and a psychic memory download, yeah. Tales of Suspense Featuring Hawkeye and the Winter Soldier explains a lot more. Funny enough, Marvel seems to go back and forth when it comes to whether or not clones genetically inherit their originals' memories and personalities. Sometimes, as in the case of Spider-Man's clone stories, they do, but elsewhere in Marvel . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Cloning and a psychic memory download, yeah. Tales of Suspense Featuring Hawkeye and the Winter Soldier explains a lot more. Funny enough, Marvel seems to go back and forth when it comes to whether or not clones genetically inherit their originals' memories and personalities. Sometimes, as in the case of Spider-Man's clone stories, they do, but elsewhere in Marvel . . .
    My head canon is that it depends on the cloning methods. :P

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    My head canon is that it depends on the cloning methods. :P
    Makes sense.
    The spider is always on the hunt.