Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Silk comic

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well, if the Venom movie is any hint, they're really willing to cut off the Peter connection lol.
    She was always at her best the farther away she and Peter were from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not hard to do when you could call her "The Molester" whenever she was written by Slott without joking lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member

w/ slott absolutely, but in her solo Peter was the bright spot.Just get rid of the pheromones stuff and we'd have been fine

Good on her. Looks like this ongoing is picking up right where her mini left off. Guess the numbers were strong enough from the mini to keep going.

peter is a loner at heart. although I kinda like the pheromones problem they had.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    w/ slott absolutely, but in her solo Peter was the bright spot.Just get rid of the pheromones stuff and we'd have been fine
    All I remember is her brushing him off and acting dismissive of him in her solo.

Yeah, atleast Raimi gave us a solid venom thing.
    Well, Spider-Man was still being used, so it'd be weirder if they made Venom be disconnected from Spidey lol.

Agreed, I think they could make it like a mild version of Drew's pheromones(I read in some (probably fake)early leak) but better dropped.
    I guess they could do that at most, but not like her pheromones are much of an appeal.

Just have other Spiders show up in her solo, sales boost + great chance to interact
    As long as they don't overstay their welcome...

Yeah, even her being bitten by the same spider as him is kind of a whatever thing from her backstory now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Not hard to do when you could call her "The Molester" whenever she was written by Slott without joking lol.
    Ah yes, "The Bride" being a mistranslation, and the correct one being "The Molester" .

All I remember is her brushing him off and acting dismissive of him in her solo.
    Yeah she was pretty annoyed at Peter for just existing at times, which, hey, better that than, uh, what Slott did...

Can always be excused that things were awkward and she was pushing him away 'cause of it, but hey...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So I googled and found the announcement about SONY working with Amazon Prime for the SILK show.

I've only encountered Cindy here&there about the Spidey books. Much like my Ghost Spider(Spider-Gwen) familiarity. I did buy the Spider-Gwen Omni to help with that.
    Wonder if we will get a SILK Omni? Surely there is enough material for one now or will be soon.
    There's 26 issues total of Robbie Thompson's post-Spider-Verse series with her, so that's plenty, I'd think.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

https://mycomicrelief.files.wordpres...09/silk-13.jpg

https://why-i-love-comics.tumblr.com...hompson-art-by

I mean stuff like this, otherwise she suffers from anti-spider-man trope where she just hates Spider-man and is annoyed by him which just makes the audience hate her more...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So I googled and found the announcement about SONY working with Amazon Prime for the SILK show.

I've only encountered Cindy here&there about the Spidey books. Much like my Ghost Spider(Spider-Gwen) familiarity. I did buy the Spider-Gwen Omni to help with that.
    Wonder if we will get a SILK Omni? Surely there is enough material for one now or will be soon.
    Why does Sony insist on taking characters with direct ties to Spider-Man and make properties using them in universes where Spider-Man doesn’t exist?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Why does Sony insist on taking characters with direct ties to Spider-Man and make properties using them in universes where Spider-Man doesn’t exist?
    Because they can’t use Spidey directly as he’s on loan to Marvel, but still want some of the $$$ that some of his fame has rubbed off on popular secondary characters like Venom?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Monetary benefit
    They don't care about the characters or delivering a semi-faithful adaptation and by extension the fans
    Comics do the same and slap the Spider name on characters to ride Spider-man's coattails because they can't make a half decent OC

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    That doesn’t make sense. Why would she struggle with social media? She was in a bunker for 7 years iirc. You can be generous and say it’s been a year or two since she was released (more than enough time to catch up), but there was still a ton of social media around in the early 2010s… Facebook, Instagram, YouTube was all around. What’s new since then? TikTok? Seems like the writers are just looking for ANY angle to make her interesting.
    That is partially a sliding timescale issue, since Cindy was in the bunker for over a decade -- but a decade in Marvel Time isn't the same thing as a decade of real time.

But to be clear, its not really a matter of struggling with the technology of social media; its struggling with the changes in culture that has developed as social media has gotten more widespread and more ingrained in every day life. She's just a bit out of synch with the social evolution that happened while she was off the grid for a decade. It would be unrealistic for her not to be out of synch in that regard.

Also, why can’t a Korean-American character just be a normal superhero whose racial identity is incidental and not driving the plot?
    She can be, and she is -- and has been in the vast majority of her appearances since her introduction. Just because one story she appears in happens to have Korean magic as a plot element doesn't suddenly mean she is changing her name to "Super-Asian".

Why does she need to be searching for “ancient Korean magic”?
    Who says she's "searching" for it? I don't see anything in the interview or the solicit that says this is something she is seeking out. The threat that she will be running into involves "ancient Korean magic". Her last miniseries also had a magical element. Her last ongoing had her ex-boyfriend become a superhero ghost. Why does the fact that this time around the magic happens to be of Korean background suddenly make it a negative thing?

Probably because she scores a minority point, and hasn't been used in anything yet outside the comics, so gets an use and not Anya.
    Anya's a minority herself, she's Latina.

So she was Carol's sidekick that one time in Carol's comic, friends with Sue in her own comic, now Natasha's sidekick, guess that breaks the blonde pattern .
    Not really, as the Black Widow book actually stars BOTH Black Widows - Yelena is Natasha's partner, and they, Anya, and a brand new character are a team of four.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

https://mycomicrelief.files.wordpres...09/silk-13.jpg

https://why-i-love-comics.tumblr.com...hompson-art-by

I mean stuff like this, otherwise she suffers from anti-spider-man trope where she just hates Spider-man and is annoyed by him which just makes the audience hate her more...
    The second one is at least nice.