Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Adam vs. Other Buffy/Angel Villains

Is there anyone outside of Glory, Illyria and The Beast he couldn't beat? Strength enough to casually rip off a vampire's head, can tank Buffy's attacks no problem, armed with a Gatling gun and grenade launcher...

You need either sick levels of soak or hax to beat him. I don't think anyone but the trio i mentioned can cut it. He should at least be above your Hamilton's, Caleb's, etc.. He's a probably in the same "tier" as them physically - being "Above Buffy-level" so above Buffy/Angel/Spike/Faith - but the guns really are a huge advantage.

P.S.
    You know those shadow men really did screw over the Slayers. I mentioned Adam had enough raw power to just decapitate a vampire with his bare hands. You would think that level of strength would be handy for a Slayer so she isn't dependent on a weapon to kill her foes.
    Last edited by NK1988; 08-23-2014 at 03:42 AM.

Dark Willow should beat him, given what she can heal from and given that she put up a shield to protect from a close range explosion after it had started.

Jasmine's enthralment may work on his human side. But, given that he could see through Jonathan's reality warping, who knows?

Moloch the Corruptor might be able to give him a run for his money too.

Incredible Member

Adam was a retelling of Frankenstein monster, and like the monster, he lost his way in his need to belong.

This would have been a very different season if he hadn't been raised by a crazed scientist and had been discovered by the scoobies in the first episode or two of season 4.

<insert visual of him playing poker with buffy, willow, xander, anya and clem here.>

but yeah, like Frankenstein monster, he was easily one of the strongest people in the series and his armament made him a nightmare at range as well.

He was also as smart, but inexperienced like the novel version. He was learning at a rate that was unheard of for a creature that had been alive for a month.

Unless you were a true god, you were in for a buttload of hurt.

If he survives any of the experiences with any of the people that above his paygrade, he would make records and study them for round two, and he's smart enough to figure out a countermeasure.

hell, he was only defeated by a deux ex machina or should I say spellcasting.

Unfortunately, season 4 also shows what's wrong with the turn of Buffy at this time. Instead of redeeming the monster, they damned him.
    Last edited by shades of eternity; 08-23-2014 at 05:33 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    Unfortunately, season 4 also shows what's wrong with the turn of Buffy at this time. Instead of redeeming the monster, they damned him.
    Redeeming? When has Buffy ever redeemed a monster she wasn't friendly with before he or she became a monster? She even shoved the cured Angel a sword in the guts and pushed him into a hell dimension at the end of season 2. And when did Adam ever show the slightest sign of not being utterly and completely irredeemably evil?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Redeeming? When has Buffy ever redeemed a monster she wasn't friendly with before he or she became a monster? She even shoved the cured Angel a sword in the guts and pushed him into a hell dimension at the end of season 2. And when did Adam ever show the slightest sign of not being utterly and completely irredeemably evil?
    ...She had to do that to Angel or the portal wouldn't close.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holacik View Post
    ...She had to do that to Angel or the portal wouldn't close.
    Well, yes, obviously, but Buffy is not generally in any way about redeeming monsters,more about chopping them to tiny bits. Unles they used to be friends or more.

BANNED

Adam could do well if you get rid of PIS. He can turn his fricking arm into a gatling gun. Glory went down via being pounded on by a magic hammer from Buffy, I don't know..maybe he could damage her enough to make her turn into Ben and then kill her?

Incredible Member

Glory had invisible to human eyes superspeed. What's more, she went down after being pounded on by a magic hammer because:
    1. It was a god's weapon ie. her Kryptonite.
    2. She had been weakened by Tara's mind being sucked out of her.
    3. She had been exposed to the little magic sphere which also weakened her.
    4. She was hit by a wrecking ball
    5. She fell off the tower.

In the past Glory fell from hundreds, if not thousands, of miles in the air with no problem. Also was hit by a truck with no damage at all.

Even if Adam could hit her, which he can't thanks to her speed edge, mundane blunt force isn't going to do it I don't think.

Of the Big Bads, aside from those you mentioned, I don't think any of them could beat him except Dark Willow. Maybe the Mayor in his giant demon snake form but we don't have enough feats. Most likely, Adam could be consumed, kill him from within and survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Adam could do well if you get rid of PIS. He can turn his fricking arm into a gatling gun. Glory went down via being pounded on by a magic hammer from Buffy, I don't know..maybe he could damage her enough to make her turn into Ben and then kill her?
    Keep in mind the sheer number of things that were thrown in to weaken Glory to far below her peak level before that happened though.

Mighty Member

I think the Evil Trio could beat him, given prep time and/or access to all of their gadgets. The Gentlemen would stalemate him, probably unable to take him down, but he can't really do anything to them. The Judge should beat him, as he was at least partially human, and having that part destroyed would kill him. Anyanka could probably beat him with unlimited access to her wish powers (ie no requirement that someone actually wish). Though he was able to perceive through Jonathon's Superstar spell, Anyanka's power seemed to be more of a full on reality warp (or possibly shunted the wisher into a different dimension, along with Anyanka herself). One would assume D'Hoffryn could do anything Anyanka could do, but he doesn't have the feats for it. Willow's will be done spell, or her casual reality warping when she got juiced up by Amy could probably beat him if she could get something off, but not under Khazan conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Of the Big Bads, aside from those you mentioned, I don't think any of them could beat him except Dark Willow. Maybe the Mayor in his giant demon snake form but we don't have enough feats. Most likely, Adam could be consumed, kill him from within and survive.
    Unless you want to argue that Adam hits harder than a Mach Truck, a God empowered war hammer, or the impact of terminal velocity from near space, he doesn't possess the raw power to put Glory down for the count.

She's got ridiculous strength feats and invulnerability, Adam's going to get torn apart like a cheap toy.

Incredible Member

worse, she got that amnesia thing that makes it difficult to collect data.

I could see adam pulling a terminator 2 if he could figure that out though. Adam was particularly effective of choosing the time and place for confrontation.

and all the evil trio would do is give Adam new toys.
    Last edited by shades of eternity; 08-24-2014 at 07:08 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Redeeming? When has Buffy ever redeemed a monster she wasn't friendly with before he or she became a monster?
    Spike and Anya come to mind. Even Angel counts because even before they met, just seeing her from afar gave his life purpose again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lucifernomi View Post
    Spike and Anya come to mind.
    I feel it's more accurate to say that they redeemed themselves... They weren't killed because they weren't considered to be dangerous anymore, but I don't recall one iota of effort being spent on them actively trying to redeem them. Not by Buffy anyway.

Even Angel counts because even before they met, just seeing her from afar gave his life purpose again.
    And I have to say that it really doesn't count if you're just standing there talking to your friends while some old guy and his balance demon pal stalk you from afar.
    Angel's turning, that's all on Whistler and on that pesky Gipsy curse.