Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What if Peter Parker was biting by a radioactive mantis shrimp.

So what if Peter Parker was biting by radioactive Mantis shrimp instead of a spider. Would he become Marvel's One Punch Man. How powerful would he be?

Bonus Peter Parker gets biting by a radioactive pistol shrimp in place of a radioactive mantis shrimp.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-21-2021 at 01:04 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Well a mantis shrimp weighs, very approximately, a tenth of a pound, and Parker is 165 pounds. So 1,650 times as powerful as a mantis shrimp's punch. That's a lot, but it wouldn't make him One Punch Man.

Apparently mantis shrimp punch with 330 pounds of force. So 544,500 pounds of force for Shrimp-Man.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 10-21-2021 at 12:26 AM.

a mantis shrimp can also form a cavitation bubbles that reach a temperatures 8,500 degrees Fahrenheit or 4977.594 Kelvin . while the Pistol ship can form cavitation bubbles that reach temperature of the surface of the sun. These cavitation bubbles are caused by the speed of the creatures strikes.

Technically a speedster like the Flash could form cavitation bubbles underwater and used them as a form of attack.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-21-2021 at 01:24 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Well a mantis shrimp weighs, very approximately, a tenth of a pound, and Parker is 165 pounds. So 1,650 times as powerful as a mantis shrimp's punch. That's a lot, but it wouldn't make him One Punch Man.

Apparently mantis shrimp punch with 330 pounds of force. So 544,500 pounds of force for Shrimp-Man.
    The thing about Mantis Shrimp is, they punch so hard/fast they create a cavitation bubble underwater. Out of water, they punch hard enough to tear through Neoprene and injure a dude pretty well.

Also they punch at about 60mph.

Bullet Shrimp Man is wrecking doods.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post

So that would be a dude punching for 272.25 tons according to google.

I don't know how that falls into real world comparison though
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Let's see we got Peter the Amazing Platypus-man, The Amazing Hibernation Man, and Bullet Shrimp Man.
    My Forum check it out

I think ultimately it be a power decline. He'd be able to hit way harder, but lose out on the speed, wall crawling, spider sense etc. versatility sacrificed for power.

Considering that many of Peter's foes consist of folks he already holds back his strength to keep from killing, or people who wouldn't be bothered by the increase in power I don't think that is a very good trade.

Besides aquatic adventures I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Let's see we got Peter the Amazing Platypus-man, The Amazing Hibernation Man, and Bullet Shrimp Man.
    Eventually, Peter will become a crab, because nature keeps trying to make crabs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carcinisation

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Eventually, Peter will become a crab, because nature keeps trying to make crabs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carcinisation
    If you were Mother Nature, given what we’ve done to this planet, wouldn’t you go a bit crabby?