Default Aicel Comics shared Universe Relaunch By Outland Entertainment

Outland Entertainment is pleased to announce the return of DRAGONRING, a cult classic comic book series, and the launch of a new comic book multiverse. The new series will be scripted by New York Times bestselling writer Cullen Bunn.

In addition, DRAGONRING will be a launching point for a new comic book shared universe.

“Not just a shared universe,” said Bunn, “but a shared multiverse.”

Outland has five initial series planned as part of this multiversal endeavor. Bunn will be acting as architect and lead writer for the stories. ELFLORD, SAMURAI, GUN FURY, and DEMON HUNTER are all comic book series that will be part of this project. Each is inspired by a comic from the 80s, but the new books will be recrafted and recreated with fresh approaches.
    link to full article
    https://outlandentertainment.com/cul...rns-to-comics/

i just learned of this. LOVE Aircel comics, some of the first indy comics i read as a kid. Dale Keown and Dave Cooper really stood out to me. interesting stuff about the shared multiverse, Dragonring/Dragonforce, Samurai, and Gun Fury were among my favorites so glad to see those back, haven't read Demon Hunter but it looks cool. also cool that they have the rights to all that stuff so reprints and collected editions!!

haven't read a whole lot of stuff from Cullen Bunn, what do you guys think?? any other old Aircel fans out there??

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I've never read it, but I love Bunn, so I'm down! Cullen does horror stories well!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I've never read it, but I love Bunn, so I'm down! Cullen does horror stories well!
    if you're interested in the original material at all , most of it can be easily found in bargain bins of LCS everywhere.

i did enjoy Bunn's Shadowman run recently.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I wish Cullen Bunn and Aircel the best of luck in this endeavor. While I will watch some fantasy tv/movies my samples with comic material never satisfied.
    I doubt I'll sample but hope those that do love it get some material worth reading.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I wish Cullen Bunn and Aircel the best of luck in this endeavor. While I will watch some fantasy tv/movies my samples with comic material never satisfied.
    I doubt I'll sample but hope those that do love it get some material worth reading.
    Dragonring never really read like fantasy to me. Samurai even less so and Gun Fury not at all.

man i LOVE Gun Fury, though a big part of that was Dave Coopers amazing art and i don't think that could be duplicated.

I wonder who owns the rights to Ripper.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    This is my take as well. I'm down to give anything with his name on it a shot at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    I wonder who owns the rights to Ripper.
    Outland Entertainment has the rights to all of these Barry Blair properties(including Ripper)
    https://outlandentertainment.com/wor...blair-library/

i have i think 2 issues of Ripper but haven't read, is it good?? i just picked it up for the Liefeld art.

not Dale Keown but not bad.

i do see some similarities though

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I would love to see Elflord return! My favorite of the Aircel books though was Cat and Mouse....are they still under the Aircel domain?

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I would love to see Elflord return! My favorite of the Aircel books though was Cat and Mouse....are they still under the Aircel domain?
    Elflord is among the titles listed to be relaunched as part of the multiverse.

i believe Outland only has rights to the Barry Blair Aircel stuff, so i think Cat & Mouse is out.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 11-06-2021 at 02:11 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Probably not. Roland Mann has been selling his Silverline comics on Indy Planet and Cat and Mouse is one of his series sold there.