Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thor #18

Amazing Member

Default Thor #18

So did anyone else notice on page 10 that when Thor appears in Foreverglade that he's literally holding Mjolnir and then he's goes on to task Throg to find Mjolnir as it was stolen from Avengers Mountain in issue #17. Do the editors even try anymore???

Quote Originally Posted by IamGroot View Post
    ……………Do the editors even try anymore???
    It’s thor we are talking about, they haven’t been trying for the better part of the last 2 decades
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member

So did anyone else notice on page 10 that when Thor appears in Foreverglade that he's literally holding Mjolnir and then he's goes on to task Throg to find Mjolnir as it was stolen from Avengers Mountain in issue #17. Do the editors even try anymore???
    Some told me it's probably a replacement hammer like he has used in the past but they never explain it and it's never even mentioned so IDEK, Editorial has one job but they never do it but they will always interfere w/ the writers to hurt the story huh?

Amazing Member

That's a pretty weak excuse really; I mean you'd almost have to try really hard Not to notice it while reading/editing the story...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    It’s thor we are talking about, they haven’t been trying for the better part of the last 2 decades
    Word to the choir

I wondered about this as well

LMAO! The editors don’t read every word or look at every panel? It’s a comic book. Not very hard to edit. It’s not like it’s a book or anything that would take a little work. I’ll be more than happy to edit for Marvel if they can’t get their editors to spend 10 minutes to read the book.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Editors for comics do a lot more than just read the comic. They have multiple books they edit which also means multiple writers, artists, colorists, letterers. They have to keep up with the correspondence on some and then there's the scheduling...this artist is running late, this writer got sick, that colorist over committed....there's more going on than just reading through a comic and it's possible something like that can get slipped by fairly easily.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Editors for comics do a lot more than just read the comic. They have multiple books they edit which also means multiple writers, artists, colorists, letterers. They have to keep up with the correspondence on some and then there's the scheduling...this artist is running late, this writer got sick, that colorist over committed....there's more going on than just reading through a comic and it's possible something like that can get slipped by fairly easily.
    Yeah exactly, there are multiple issues any given month that have typos, misspellings, and art issues.

This is why they tend to always get fixed in collected editions.

I think people tend to forget these are monthly books that have a pretty tight turnaround and editors do not solely work on a single book.

Mistakes happen

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Yeah exactly, there are multiple issues any given month that have typos, misspellings, and art issues.

This is why they tend to always get fixed in collected editions.

I think people tend to forget these are monthly books that have a pretty tight turnaround and editors do not solely work on a single book.

Mistakes happen
    I get typos and misspellings etc. as they are what they are. Annoying? yes; end of the world? no.

I do think this is quite different though as it kind of smacks of someone (an editor) having zero idea what the story line is. It stands out and is pretty obvious to me if you're reading along.

At the end of the day, I'll move on and forget it ever happened. Just strange the response was people are tired; maybe they should focus on quality instead of quantity then?
    Last edited by IamGroot; 10-24-2021 at 03:07 PM.

I get typos and misspellings etc. as they are what they are. Annoying? yes; end of the world? no.

I do think this is quite different though as it kind of smacks of someone (an editor) having zero idea what the story line is. It stands out and is pretty obvious to me if you're reading along.

At the end of the day, I'll move and forget it ever happened. Just strange the response was people are tired; maybe they should focus on quality instead of quantity then?
    Indeed. I thought it was one of those moments where Thor could channel his powers through just any type of weapon.

As for the issue itself, really loved it! Seeing Thor use the same speech on Loki and Throg was hysterical. Seeing Thor squeezed in Throg's meeting hall had me dying. There was a fairy tale, whimsical aspect to that. Funny as hell too.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

At the end of the day, I'll move and forget it ever happened. Just strange the response was people are tired; maybe they should focus on quality instead of quantity then?
    I hear ya, the excuse is lazy they should just admit they're understaffed and overworked; but can't make upper management look bad

Amazing Member

It’s not like anyone is asking for people to lose their job over this or anything. Just highlighting the issue of maybe Marvel should slow down a bit.

I mean, Cates nor Ferry took any direct responsibility either. Did the artist not read the plot? Did Cates not look at the pages whilst scripting? So maybe is unfair for me to place all the blame on the editors.
    Last edited by IamGroot; 10-24-2021 at 03:07 PM.

It’s not like anyone is asking for people to lose their job over this or anything. Just highlighting the issue of maybe Marvel should slow down a bit.

I mean, Cates nor Ferry took any direct responsibility either. Did the artist not read the plot? Did Cates not look at the pages whilst scripting? So maybe is unfair for me to place all the blame on the editors.
    I'll give you an example how really big things can get missed.

In Tom King's Batman run in one of the final arcs he finally reveals how Flashpoint Batman ended up in the DC Universe proper.

Through some tomfoolery and the Flash we learn that he was able to escape his doomed timeline because of Barry Allen - a pretty damn important moment in the run. It was building for nearly 70 odd issues.

But the colorist miscolored the Flash as the Reverse Flash! It still has not been fixed so big things can slip through. We're talking about a Tom King book when he was at his height of popularity so yeah **** happens

batflash.jpg