Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

I like Percy, but I honestly have my doubts. Not a fan of time-travel/alternate reality fluff.

That said, it'll likely just be the Wolverine issues, only 2 of those if the first 2 are unimpressive, I'll try the Illyana-focused New Mutants, and I'll try this new Marauders. Overall though, the current slate is not exciting and these solicits are honestly not exciting either. But at least they are doing something with Maddie besides going to the "evil ex" well again.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 10-21-2021 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Marvel made this easy.

Marvels
    Xmen
    Marauders
    New mutants
    Mary jane and black cat.

Thats about it. I look forward to laughing at they suddenly woke feb solicits when they hit but ive decided to sit that whole month out and support others.

Edit: and shang chi
    Suddenly Storm on every cover.

Extraordinary Member

The irony of having a story centered on Magik, the Goblin Queen, and Limbo while another separate story called Inferno is concluding and the 2 have just about nothing to do with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Maybe, but the books they are producing in January (other than the Wolverine event and Sabretooth mini) are fairly diverse in terms of their casts… X-men, Marauders, New Mutants. Maybe I’m missing the point the original poster was making, but a couple of the books that aren’t coming out (X-Force, Excalibur) in January are certainly less diverse than the ones that are.

Having said that, I’m fully expecting a big month for Storm in February. With Cable also a part of her relaunched (X-treme?) X-men book by Al Ewing. Can’t wait.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

With the X-Men showing up more and more in Marvel crossovers i.e. Dark Reign it seems the X-Men are now truly back in the fold.

No more isolationism for the merry band of mutants

Thankfully Marauders is there to keep it interesting for me in January.

Otherwise I’ll be taking a break until the relaunch.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Maybe, but the books they are producing in January (other than the Wolverine event and Sabretooth mini) are fairly diverse in terms of their casts… X-men, Marauders, New Mutants. Maybe I’m missing the point the original poster was making, but a couple of the books that aren’t coming out (X-Force, Excalibur) in January are certainly less diverse than the ones that are.

Having said that, I’m fully expecting a big month for Storm in February. With Cable also a part of her relaunched (X-treme?) X-men book by Al Ewing. Can’t wait.
    Yes the x-books are diverse and the marvels thus the ones i am getting. The rest of the line up solicits look a mess and it looks like the 1960s. I don't think anything will change until CB is gone. I gave him the benefit of the doubt despite his race bending but peach makoto and shang chi as a bandaid isn't doing much.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Exactly, Storm, Luke Cage, Misty Knight, Photon, a bunch of variants and probably no story.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yes the x-books are diverse and the marvels thus the ones i am getting. The rest of the line up solicits look a mess and it looks like the 1960s. I don't think anything will change until CB is gone. I gave him the benefit of the doubt despite his race bending but peach makoto and shang chi as a bandaid isn't doing much.
    Gotcha. I only read X-books so don’t even look at the solicits for anything else. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Gotcha. I only read X-books so don’t even look at the solicits for anything else. Ha.
    I was reading Fantastic Four, Avengers, Thor, Defenders, Shang Chi, Gamma Flight, Hulk Guardians of the galaxy, The marvels, champions, runaways. the first three i had to drop because it became a mess around the forever gate, phoenix story, and the knull event in order. The rest ending aside from Shang Chi are ending or ended so they have successfully widdled me down to pretty much x-titles.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Ugh. Aside from X-Men, New Mutants and the Marauders annual, literally all the books I'm reading are on hold or tied up with with an event. Aside from those three, I'll be picking up MJ/Black Cat, Miles Morales (though I'm close to dropping this series right now, so it depends on the next few issues), She-Hulk, and Fantastic Four (for hate-reading material.)
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Some of the variant covers are giving some exciting art styles. I wish Hellions was sticking around. And shout out to Humberto Ramos for being consistent on Strange Academy. I don't think he's missed an issue in the entire run of the series so far.
    Mutant and Proud!

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Thinking back on it, I still can't figure out what the hell was even the point of releasing Sword the way they did it. The thing pretty much read as an extension of the Ewing-verse rather than a proper X-Book and the Storm/Cable/Arraki stuff came off as a little more than awkward/rushed product placement to promote the upcoming season. I get it, dollars, but this would've worked much better as a more focused "Enjoy the mini! See you next year for the proper launch!" kind of deal imo.

Objectively false, as writers outside of Hickman have started creating and developing them.

They are not the stars of any one book so it’d be impossible to draw correlation between their presence and sales.

Both Sword and Marauders have had a lot of Arakki (especially Sword) and in sales both are a total failure (again especially Sword) so you can replicate everything you want, but the people who pay for comics whether in physical or digital are not at all interested in the Arakki, nor in the very interesting Sword plots... and YES I must lower my level of sarcasm a bit. Lol

A shame for Marauders that book and team if it deserves more, Marauders I think is the only team that is good.
    distributed the time on stage and development of their characters.

Correlation doesn't mean causation. There could be multiple reasons why they had low sales. For example, the fact that they're fairly new and new titles naturally fight an uphill battle. (Marauders is the first of its title & S.W.O.R.D. is the second volume to an obscure, 5-issue series)

On the other hand, Hellions has had decent sales while being a new title, and Tarn has been part of two arcs. Wolverine's been focusing on Solemn and a new Arraki, and I don't think the book's suffered for their inclusion. These two books used Arrako mutants more than Marauders and S.W.O.R.D. And did Marauders even have that many (or any) Arrakis? I don't remember any being in the book. If they were, they weren't major focuses.

I don't think Arrako has had any big impact one way or the other just yet.
    Last edited by Rift; 10-21-2021 at 11:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.