Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Which ones are unaccounted for that have you concerned? Just curious. Maybe we can speculate as to where they may end up while we wait for next months solicits.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 10-22-2021 at 01:05 PM.

For the amount of writers that were on the last X-slack that we saw, there will be a lot of X-Books in 2022. Let's just try to be a little patient. Yes, it is a bummer that this Wolverine event will take a lot of space for two months, specially for no-fans of Logan, but soon things will be normal. And maybe it will be fun for others characters that will show up in it.

I'm enjoying most books that are coming out right now, so I'm confident about it. Even Marauders that has been weak for me will get a new writer and team, so I have hopes for that.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As a fan, I'm neither here nor there with Logan, truth to tell, I'm just not interested in Percy as a writer, at all.
    So...I'm glad he's taking up a bit of space. Let the X-Slack fully sort themselves out while Wolverine Lives and Dies so that when they do start slowly rolling out the "new and improved" books (We'll most likely see some in February and some in March) by the time World of Wolverine finishes we should have the more streamlined range of books they mentioned.

I'm excited.
    Yes, some will obviously be personal disappointments (they never really expect us to buy ALL the books, though that would be nice, for them) regarding the creative team and premise but...If I can settle on 5-6 X-books, I'm happily sorted.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As a fan, I'm neither here nor there with Logan, truth to tell, I'm just not interested in Percy as a writer, at all.
    So...I'm glad he's taking up a bit of space. Let the X-Slack fully sort themselves out while Wolverine Lives and Dies so that when they do start slowly rolling out the "new and improved" books (We'll most likely see some in February and some in March) by the time World of Wolverine finishes we should have the more streamlined range of books they mentioned.

I'm excited.
    Yes, some will obviously be personal disappointments (they never really expect us to buy ALL the books, though that would be nice, for them) regarding the creative team and premise but...If I can settle on 5-6 X-books, I'm happily sorted.
    I just wish they would pitch the Wolvie thing better, give us more info

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I think the more they hype it up the more disappoints. Truth is this seems like a slightly larger-than-average Wolverine story. I think the comparisons to HOX/POX are what got people in their feelings in the first place, because it got people to think that Percy was defining the rest of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Maybe they will soon? Hopefully, because I like Wolverine and all but don't know how to feel about it at this present time.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Good point. Also, not sure why people put so much stock in sales.
    Because when it comes to certain books mainly POC lead books under Marvel or DC banner-SALES becomes a weapon of choice to scream those books have no business being made.

Along with some store owners who don't want those books in their store regardless of sales or interest (Archie comics say HI).
    With every excuse of movies, shows, toys, trades and the REAL money makers that feature these characters don't count.

Along with the thinking flooding the market with Logan or Batman is what the industry needs.

The same Logan and Batman books that pack BINS and every other clearance section at comic cons and stores.

Runaways had horrible sales, but made it to 30 issues. Silk just got ANOTHER series after endless cancellations and mini-series.
    Books like those tend to have decent to strong trade sales.

That is more about having material for libraries and stores. So if either one should get a movie-those trades are going to pay for themselves.
    See Black Panther-his trades were among Amazon's top 150 for a good 3 years.

How much money did DC NOT get when Static Shock was on the air and no Milestone stuff was made?

Folks question sales but do not understand the bigger picture.

Lets say the first X-Men film was of the current team.

Jean, Scott, Laura & Rogue got solo material for trades already.

Polaris-we MIGHT get enough material for a trade.

What about Synch? Let alone Sunfire? The lack of material will open a TON of doors about the treatment of POC under this banner.

BANNED

Yeah, sales still matter. Unless you're Cable, you're canceled when you're not selling and you are not getting another shot anytime soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think the more they hype it up the more disappoints. Truth is this seems like a slightly larger-than-average Wolverine story. I think the comparisons to HOX/POX are what got people in their feelings in the first place, because it got people to think that Percy was defining the rest of the line.
    I agree. Covers can be decieving but I think first issues of this book has hinted enough about this book. It is related to HoX/PoX though and it's not like Inferno has ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    I actually find SWORD more interesting than the main X Title.

My concern is that with several books potentially ending or changing, there are quite a few characters unaccounted for.
    Same! SWORD's ambition, humor, art / costuming, big rotating mix of characters from a bunch of different eras, and its epic feel are everything I want in a flagship.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Which ones are unaccounted for that have you concerned? Just curious. Maybe we can speculate as to where they may end up while we wait for next months solicits.
    Greycrow
    Wild Child
    Pyro
    Iceman
    Eye Boy
    Prodigy
    Rachel
    Taki
    Wind Dancer
    Trinary
    Khora
    Frenzy
    Havok
    My flag is bacon.

Greycrow
    Wild Child
    Pyro
    Iceman
    Eye Boy
    Prodigy
    Rachel
    Taki
    Wind Dancer
    Trinary
    Khora
    Frenzy
    Havok
    Seems to be confirmed that Iceman, Pyro and Rachel will be in new books
    Be kind, it's FREE

Quote Originally Posted by MYCMTSC View Post
    Same! SWORD's ambition, humor, art / costuming, big rotating mix of characters from a bunch of different eras, and its epic feel are everything I want in a flagship.
    This is why I hope it becomes a flagship. With Storm and Cable starring of course.

Greycrow
    Wild Child
    Pyro
    Iceman
    Eye Boy
    Prodigy
    Rachel
    Taki
    Wind Dancer
    Trinary
    Khora
    Frenzy
    Havok
    Hmm… that’s a lot to place, but I’d put Iceman, Khora and Frenzy with Storm and Cable in Ewing’s book… whatever the SWORD relaunch ends up being. And I’d put Rachel, Trinary and Wild Child in X-Force with Rachel and Kyle on the field team along with Domino and Logan; and Trinary on the intel team with Sage, Black Tom and Forge (ditch Beast for his crimes). Not sure about the rest.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 10-23-2021 at 08:18 AM.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    Seems to be confirmed that Iceman, Pyro and Rachel will be in new books
    'First I've heard of it.
    My flag is bacon.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I would say Ewing keeps his original team/cast in SWORD...with the addition of Cable.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!