Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 112
  1. #31
    Astonishing Member Kingdom X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2,421

    Default

    Do we think that SWORD ends with #11 or that it’s on a skip month?

  2. #32
    Incredible Member Weather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Do we think that SWORD ends with #11 or that it’s on a skip month?
    If it is not continuing in January, I'm sure it was cancelled and it will be relaunched in the next months. It is not like SWORD was achieving high sales.

  3. #33
    Astonishing Member AppleJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    2,991

    Default

    January solicts doing the exact opposite of hyping me up for X-Books.

    Ready for those February re-launch titles to be announced any day now.

  4. #34
    Incredible Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    January solicts doing the exact opposite of hyping me up for X-Books.

    Ready for those February re-launch titles to be announced any day now.
    exactly my sentiment. It feels like Hickman is gone and we still don't have a new direction go. Sorry, don't feel this Wolverine event at all.

    it is the opposite of hype for me...it feels like: you had some good years X-Men fans, now go back and enjoy some standard mediocracy of comicbook writing like the rest of our fans.

  5. #35
    Astonishing Member Omega Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    exactly my sentiment. It feels like Hickman is gone and we still don't have a new direction go. Sorry, don't feel this Wolverine event at all.

    it is the opposite of hype for me...it feels like: you had some good years X-Men fans, now go back and enjoy some standard mediocracy of comicbook writing like the rest of our fans.
    Mostly the same people in charge of Marvel during the "golden age" of Rosenberg, AvX, Terrigen, etc, are in charge of Marvel now. Hickman's exit shows that even the most acclaimed writer delivering good sales and having a clear is ultimately held back by the company (hell, even X of Swords becoming so bloated shows this). We'll be back to the time when there's really no hope of great runs outside marginal titles when there's little interference.

  6. #36
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    January solicts doing the exact opposite of hyping me up for X-Books.

    Ready for those February re-launch titles to be announced any day now.
    Same. I’ll be reading XLoW/XDoW and Sabretooth, but really the former just feels like an arc of his solo title to me. So pretty light month IMO and hard to get super excited about that.

    They need to drop some excitement in early November ahead of the February solicits to get folks excited about the X-line again with Hickman’s departure. And considering Ewing is their strongest remaining writer now, his book needs to bring the heat! Fingers crossed.

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    January solicts doing the exact opposite of hyping me up for X-Books.

    Ready for those February re-launch titles to be announced any day now.
    unfortunately, XLoW/XDoW will only end in early March

  8. #38
    Astonishing Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,293

    Default

    Am I the only one not excited about XLoW/XDoW? wish theyd release all 10 issues 2 x a week so it finishes faster so we can get to the real relaunch.

    I'm not excited about the new Marauders cast but I'm intrigued by Steve Orlando.

    Def picking up New Mutants for Vita.

    And interested to see whats going on in Devils Reign.

  9. #39
    Mighty Member Sylarmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,124

    Default

    Why would they relaunch Sword if it is a book with pathetic sales ???
    nobody is interested in the araki or the premises that sword lol has shown.



    January looks boring except for wolverine, the capital Krakoa Zzzzz, but we'll see.

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Why would they relaunch Sword if it is a book with pathetic sales ???
    nobody is interested in the araki or the premises that sword lol has shown.
    I wasn't overly interested in SWORD until the Arakki, Storm, and Cable were brought in, though I think Ewing is a great writer and the art is usually lovely.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  11. #41
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Am I the only one not excited about XLoW/XDoW? wish theyd release all 10 issues 2 x a week so it finishes faster so we can get to the real relaunch.

    I'm not excited about the new Marauders cast but I'm intrigued by Steve Orlando.

    Def picking up New Mutants for Vita.

    And interested to see whats going on in Devils Reign.
    Plenty of people on this board are meh at best about the lives/deaths of Wolverine story. I'm not keen on it myself and unless Marvel does something to change my mind I won't be buying any of its issues.

    Right now I don't care because 'The Labors of Magik' is everything I've wanted for the last 2 years, so Wolverine can have a thousand comics in January for all I care.

  12. #42
    Incredible Member Malachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Am I the only one not excited about XLoW/XDoW? wish theyd release all 10 issues 2 x a week so it finishes faster so we can get to the real relaunch.

    I'm not excited about the new Marauders cast but I'm intrigued by Steve Orlando.

    Def picking up New Mutants for Vita.

    And interested to see whats going on in Devils Reign.
    I like Logan but after Origins my interest in him as a solo character cooled of. But that's just me. His solo is doing well. Both this and the solo is being written by Percy. It will probably do fine.

  13. #43
    Mighty Member Sylarmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I wasn't overly interested in SWORD until the Arakki, Storm, and Cable were brought in, though I think Ewing is a great writer and the art is usually lovely.
    I don't know, but the Arakki and Storm didn't help lift the book.
    Storm and Cable can perfectly go to another group book.


    I think it is time for the ArakKi to share the same destiny as the Neo, oblivion, they are characters that only interest their creator and nobody else and sales (or rather lack of them) prove it. Lol

  14. #44
    Astonishing Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,293

    Default

    Why wouldnt SWORD relaunch as something else? Al Ewing is one of the only writers that can pull of Hickman vibes.

    He just needs to keep a top notch artist and have an xteam that will attract readers.

    Cable and Storm being there only guarantess Al will have a new relaunch title.

  15. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Why wouldnt SWORD relaunch as something else? Al Ewing is one of the only writers that can pull of Hickman vibes.

    He just needs to keep a top notch artist and have an xteam that will attract readers.

    Cable and Storm being there only guarantess Al will have a new relaunch title.
    I agree. I personally believe adding Storm, the Arakki, and Cable was actually in preparation for a relaunch title. They've had these plans in the works for some time now.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •