Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Do we think that SWORD ends with #11 or that it’s on a skip month?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Do we think that SWORD ends with #11 or that it’s on a skip month?
    If it is not continuing in January, I'm sure it was cancelled and it will be relaunched in the next months. It is not like SWORD was achieving high sales.

January solicts doing the exact opposite of hyping me up for X-Books.

Ready for those February re-launch titles to be announced any day now.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post

exactly my sentiment. It feels like Hickman is gone and we still don't have a new direction go. Sorry, don't feel this Wolverine event at all.

it is the opposite of hype for me...it feels like: you had some good years X-Men fans, now go back and enjoy some standard mediocracy of comicbook writing like the rest of our fans.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    exactly my sentiment. It feels like Hickman is gone and we still don't have a new direction go. Sorry, don't feel this Wolverine event at all.

it is the opposite of hype for me...it feels like: you had some good years X-Men fans, now go back and enjoy some standard mediocracy of comicbook writing like the rest of our fans.
    Mostly the same people in charge of Marvel during the "golden age" of Rosenberg, AvX, Terrigen, etc, are in charge of Marvel now. Hickman's exit shows that even the most acclaimed writer delivering good sales and having a clear is ultimately held back by the company (hell, even X of Swords becoming so bloated shows this). We'll be back to the time when there's really no hope of great runs outside marginal titles when there's little interference.

Same. I’ll be reading XLoW/XDoW and Sabretooth, but really the former just feels like an arc of his solo title to me. So pretty light month IMO and hard to get super excited about that.

They need to drop some excitement in early November ahead of the February solicits to get folks excited about the X-line again with Hickman’s departure. And considering Ewing is their strongest remaining writer now, his book needs to bring the heat! Fingers crossed.

unfortunately, XLoW/XDoW will only end in early March

Am I the only one not excited about XLoW/XDoW? wish theyd release all 10 issues 2 x a week so it finishes faster so we can get to the real relaunch.

I'm not excited about the new Marauders cast but I'm intrigued by Steve Orlando.

Def picking up New Mutants for Vita.

And interested to see whats going on in Devils Reign.

Why would they relaunch Sword if it is a book with pathetic sales ???
    nobody is interested in the araki or the premises that sword lol has shown.

January looks boring except for wolverine, the capital Krakoa Zzzzz, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Why would they relaunch Sword if it is a book with pathetic sales ???
    nobody is interested in the araki or the premises that sword lol has shown.
    I wasn't overly interested in SWORD until the Arakki, Storm, and Cable were brought in, though I think Ewing is a great writer and the art is usually lovely.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Am I the only one not excited about XLoW/XDoW? wish theyd release all 10 issues 2 x a week so it finishes faster so we can get to the real relaunch.

I'm not excited about the new Marauders cast but I'm intrigued by Steve Orlando.

Plenty of people on this board are meh at best about the lives/deaths of Wolverine story. I'm not keen on it myself and unless Marvel does something to change my mind I won't be buying any of its issues.

Right now I don't care because 'The Labors of Magik' is everything I've wanted for the last 2 years, so Wolverine can have a thousand comics in January for all I care.

I like Logan but after Origins my interest in him as a solo character cooled of. But that's just me. His solo is doing well. Both this and the solo is being written by Percy. It will probably do fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I wasn't overly interested in SWORD until the Arakki, Storm, and Cable were brought in, though I think Ewing is a great writer and the art is usually lovely.
    I don't know, but the Arakki and Storm didn't help lift the book.
    Storm and Cable can perfectly go to another group book.

I think it is time for the ArakKi to share the same destiny as the Neo, oblivion, they are characters that only interest their creator and nobody else and sales (or rather lack of them) prove it. Lol

Why wouldnt SWORD relaunch as something else? Al Ewing is one of the only writers that can pull of Hickman vibes.

He just needs to keep a top notch artist and have an xteam that will attract readers.

Cable and Storm being there only guarantess Al will have a new relaunch title.

Why wouldnt SWORD relaunch as something else? Al Ewing is one of the only writers that can pull of Hickman vibes.

He just needs to keep a top notch artist and have an xteam that will attract readers.

Cable and Storm being there only guarantess Al will have a new relaunch title.
    I agree. I personally believe adding Storm, the Arakki, and Cable was actually in preparation for a relaunch title. They've had these plans in the works for some time now.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!