Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I wasn't overly interested in SWORD until the Arakki, Storm, and Cable were brought in, though I think Ewing is a great writer and the art is usually lovely.
    Same. That’s why I think the rumor is true that he’ll get a new book to replace SWORD, with Cable and Storm and “X-men” in its title.

I agree. I personally believe adding Storm, the Arakki, and Cable was actually in preparation for a relaunch title. They've had these plans in the works for some time now.
    Agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Why wouldnt SWORD relaunch as something else? Al Ewing is one of the only writers that can pull of Hickman vibes.

He just needs to keep a top notch artist and have an xteam that will attract readers.

Cable and Storm being there only guarantess Al will have a new relaunch title.
    I believe that’s exactly what’s coming. The poster who shared the rumor has a pretty good track record, especially when it comes to Cable (he’s the one who said he was coming back and Kid Cable was going away, for example). So my fingers are crossed that his sources are correct again on this one…

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    I don't know, but the Arakki and Storm didn't help lift the book.
    Storm and Cable can perfectly go to another group book.

I think it is time for the ArakKi to share the same destiny as the Neo, oblivion, they are characters that only interest their creator and nobody else and sales (or rather lack of them) prove it. Lol
    Objectively false, as writers outside of Hickman have started creating and developing them.

They are not the stars of any one book so it’d be impossible to draw correlation between their presence and sales.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 10-21-2021 at 11:59 AM.

This is the most unappealing solicit in a while.

Next January I’m gonna save a lot of money, as a matter of fact I’m already halfway fed up with the boredom that the x franchise is publishing week after week, plots that move at snail pace, characters development going nowhere, filler after filler served side by side with a diluted unoriginal narrative………..I have lost any faith in the bizzarre editorial choices that have been made.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Looking forward to Marauders and New Mutants. I'll probably still be picking up X-Men, it's not a terrible book, but I find it so boring. The rest is an easy pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Next January I’m gonna save a lot of money, as a matter of fact I’m already halfway fed up with the boredom that the x franchise is publishing week after week, plots that move at snail pace, characters development going nowhere, filler after filler served side by side with a diluted unoriginal narrative………..I have lost any faith in the bizzarre editorial choices that have been made.
    This just killed me. I know that Hickman said that the X-writers essentially had to pad for the last year-9 months because of the pandemic, but does anyone understand why?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I agree. I personally believe adding Storm, the Arakki, and Cable was actually in preparation for a relaunch title. They've had these plans in the works for some time now.
    I agree with this. And CGAR's take.
    Unlike what some may think...it's not always first and foremost about sales. (We have seen mediocre books with poor sales that Marvel refuses to cancel so...)
    Al Ewing is one the best writers at Marvel right now. I've loved his SWORD since number one and looking forward to see how he revamps it in 2022.

I don't understand why it's so difficult for some to just admit that they're just not interested in a book and move on. Instead of masking their disinterest with "sales figures".
    Just because it's selling "low" doesn't mean that no one is interested in it or that it's not worthy of being published.

Some books are going to be published based off of the strength of the premise and creative team.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-21-2021 at 01:07 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

I was hoping for Legionnaries.
    My flag is bacon.

i feel like the current books and the january ones are all filler until inferno is done.

i am really irritated that we are getting another "wilson fisk and daredevil" war instead of the king/queen fist storyline that was hinted at in issue 25 of daredevil. ugh marvel you are killing me. so much of zdarsky's run has just spiraled into DD tropes.

but hey at least Adam Hughes is providing two covers in the coming months along with that spectacular Black Widow title. if you are not reading that you are missing out.

that Ryan Brown sabretooth cover is FIRE
    Marvel and DC comics are no different than the food at McDonalds. It will fill you up but in the end bad for your health. Read more independent publishers. Get away from the corporate homogenous cookie cutter fast food comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I agree with this. And CGAR's take.
    Unlike what some may think...it's not always first and foremost about sales. (We have seen mediocre books with poor sales that Marvel refuses to cancel so...)
    Al Ewing is one the best writers at Marvel right now. I've loved his SWORD since number one and looking forward to see how he revamps it in 2022.

I don't understand why it's so difficult for some to just admit that they're just not interested in a book and move on. Instead of masking their disinterest with "sales figures".
    Just because it's selling "low" doesn't mean that no one is interested in it or that it's not worthy of being published.

Some books are going to be published based off of the strength of the premise and creative team.
    Cosigning all of the above.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I swear to god if it's revealed that Emma and Kingpin had a romantic fling I'll go ballistic

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ospfwildcard View Post
    i feel like the current books and the january ones are all filler until inferno is done.
    Inferno (#4) ends in December.

INFERNO #4 (OF 4)
    Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN
    Art by VALERIO SCHITI
    Cover by JEROME OPEÑA
    On Sale 12/29!

The books in January are new arcs (New Mutants) and/or new premise/directions (Marauders) going forward. Wolverine is...Wolverine

December is a great jumping off point for the terminally disinterested. And January will be a great jumping on/continuation point for the interested. It really isn't that difficult a decision.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-21-2021 at 01:52 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Inferno (#4) ends in December.

INFERNO #4 (OF 4)
    Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN
    Art by VALERIO SCHITI
    Cover by JEROME OPEÑA
    On Sale 12/29!

The books in January are new arcs (New Mutants) and/or new premise/directions (Marauders) going forward. Wolverine is...Wolverine

December is a great jumping off point for the terminally disinterested. And January will be a great jumping on/continuation point for the interested. It really isn't that difficult a decision.
    i said it feels like it, not as a matter of fact it was. the titles just feel like they are treading water. either way after inferno is finished, im done.
    Marvel and DC comics are no different than the food at McDonalds. It will fill you up but in the end bad for your health. Read more independent publishers. Get away from the corporate homogenous cookie cutter fast food comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    I was hoping for Legionnaries.
    Forgot about that one. Probably coming in February with Excalibur and SWORD relaunches/reboots.

Marvel made this easy.

Marvels
    Xmen
    Marauders
    New mutants
    Mary jane and black cat.

Thats about it. I look forward to laughing at they suddenly woke feb solicits when they hit but ive decided to sit that whole month out and support others.

Edit: and shang chi
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-21-2021 at 02:21 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/