Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default January 2022 solicitations

Last edited by Spiderfan001; 10-21-2021 at 07:04 AM.

Incredible Member

New Mutants solicit might have some spoilers for a currently running mini-series and it's resolution.

Heh, link doesn't work anymore.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Heh, link doesn't work anymore.
    This one seems to work

http://www.buzzcomics.net/showpost.p...29&postcount=1

It's weird: with dc I have a certain number of books I buy every month. With marvel, I seem to be all over the place when it comes to what I pick up. My interest in Ben Reilly as spider man ended before it began because it's a blink and you'll miss it moment. Sorry to see savage avengers end, but I guess it couldn't last forever.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Dark Reign 03
    Black Panther 03 (200)
    Strange Academy 15
    X-Men 07
    Marauders Annual 01
    New Mutants 25

...that's about it.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    New Mutants solicit might have some spoilers for a currently running mini-series and it's resolution.
    New Mutants doesn't spoil anything considering it was already revealed that Madelyne will be resurrected in Hellions 18...the final issue.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Pretty much all of Devil's Reign

Spider-Woman #19 -also Devils reign but not groupped with the others Devils Reign issues.
    Captain Marvel #36
    Strange Academy #15
    Black Widow #14
    She Hulk #1
    Silk #1
    Ms. Marvel #2
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    New Mutants doesn't spoil anything considering it was already revealed that Madelyne will be resurrected in Hellions 18...the final issue.
    That's not what I was talking about. The actual text of the solicit. Giving a job to someone. I'm trying not to spoil anything for people invested in that mini-series/character.

Enh...it might have been a badly worded solicit but then, maybe not...

How "Dead" is Dr. Strange if there's a younger version of himself out and about doing stuff? This is like the Death of Wolverine, but reversed, where they brought in Old Man Logan to fill the void. Here it's Young Man Strange.

Safe bet his title isn't going to anyone else, any time soon.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-21-2021 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Enh...it might have been a badly worded solicit but then, maybe not...

How "Dead" is Dr. Strange if there's a younger version of himself out and about doing stuff? This is like the Death of Wolverine, but reversed, where they brought in Old Man Logan to fill the void. Here it's Young Man Strange.

Safe bet his title isn't going to anyone else, any time soon.
    I don't think anyone reading superhero comics for any length of time expects Stephen to be morally, ethically, spiritually, physically, positively, absolutely, undeniably, and reliably dead! As a funny book fanatic, I thoroughly examined this and he's not merely dead, he's also not really most sincerely dead
    Last edited by CaptCleghorn; 10-21-2021 at 09:27 AM.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

The Doctor Strange in the story is very cool looking....the artist is really doing a great job of evoking Steve Ditko.

Sounds like Kingpin is going to target Dani Cage judging by that image of Luke and Jessica looking sad together on the cover.

Also, Emma Frost had dealings with Kingpin and Elektra? Makes sense. Phil Noto drawing that White Queen outfit...

Nice to see Bucky in a solo story.

I wonder if that Elektra mini will bring Elektra's DD tenure to a close as Zdarsky exits after Devil's Reign?

Those covers proudly declaring that classic She-Hulk is finally back in her own series .

Looks like Ms. Marvel is getting the classic Superhero frame-up story.

Did New Mutants just spoil that Magik is the new Sorcerer Supreme after Strange's "death?"

"God of Hammers?" What has happened to this book...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did New Mutants just spoil that Magik is the new Sorcerer Supreme after Strange's "death?"
    IIRC, Illyana was the Sorcerer Supreme at the end of Dr Strange's "The End" story. If so, that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    The Doctor Strange in the story is very cool looking....the artist is really doing a great job of evoking Steve Ditko.
    By the hoary hosts of Hoggoth, ZOUNDS!!
    Last edited by CaptCleghorn; 10-21-2021 at 09:32 AM.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

I'm not sure how I feel about Magik being the SS...as I like her as is. And, those titles generally don't amount to much story-wise (looks at Echo/Phoenix solicit)

I'm thinking that Sorcerer Supreme title stays hanging until the Strange himself returns to claim it.
    Or...Marvel could surprise me but...that's very unlikely.