Incredible Member

Default So, did I miss some news, re: Robins #1?

The front page of CBR currently has a synopsis of #1 on the front page, saying it's currently on sale... but it's solicited for 11/16.
    Is this some kind of advanced preview? How did they get to see it so far out?

link??????????
    The J-man

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    link??????????
    It's about halfway down the front page, but here:
    https://www.cbr.com/robins-batman-fi...ekick-villain/

Is this one of those "digital first" / "print edition later" deals?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Is this one of those "digital first" / "print edition later" deals?
    I thought that, but I checked and Comixology shows 11/14.

Unless I'm mistaken, it's on the DC Universe service. Print/Digital everywhere else will be on the 14th.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, it's on the DC Universe service. Print/Digital everywhere else will be on the 14th.
    Yup, you are appear be right. Found this: "This true fan-favorite title—with the votes to prove it!—will be available to DC UNIVERSE INFINITE SUBSCRIBERS first, with Issue #1 hitting the service on October 26th, and flying into stores on November 16th."

Although, that's still 5 days from now. Maybe it dropped early. The CBR article just said it was "on sale now", didn't mention it was DCU online only.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Yup, you are appear be right. Found this: "This true fan-favorite title—with the votes to prove it!—will be available to DC UNIVERSE INFINITE SUBSCRIBERS first, with Issue #1 hitting the service on October 26th, and flying into stores on November 16th."

Although, that's still 5 days from now. Maybe it dropped early. The CBR article just said it was "on sale now", didn't mention it was DCU online only.
    They might have bumped it up in order to release at the same time they were doing DC Fandome. Not sure. I dropped DC Universe once they took the shows off of it so I can't verify.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Robins isn't the only series that's appeared, for free to subscribers, on DCUI at least a week before being on sale. The Joker Presents a Puzzlebox is too. And Titans United shows up on the same day as it hits the stands but it's free. I feel like there are others as well.

It's amazing to me that more fans don't seem to take advantage of the service.

It's about $8/month for virtually the entire DC catalog and new issues (not some, all of them) appear 6 months after they hit the shelves. If you're a comic book fan, especially a DC fan, how can you ever get a better bargain than that?

After Future State, being a DCUI subscriber, I planned out which comics I felt I just had to read when they came out and which I could wait to read for free.

I chose about 10 series that I did want to read but didn't mind DCUI-waiting. And it turns out that the vast majority of those runs have been really good and each of them free to me as a subscriber.

Even if none of that makes you want to subscribe though, think about pulling up any DC comic or series you could ever want to read and reading it for $8/month. Nobody has a larger comic book collection than the service does and if you're willing to read digital that's a hell of a bargain even if they weren't putting up new content earlier than its on sale and putting up six month old content as well. Not some new issues, all of them.

I don't work for DCUI. This isn't an advertisement. It's a public service announcement. DCUI is $7.95/month. This post is free. You're welcome.

DCUI's two biggest problems are:
    - It's not available anywhere outside the US (this one us terrible).
    - 6 months is a long time for "new issues", especially after Marvel reduced their new launches to 3 months.

I'm all for DCUI. I'm just not a digital comics person, so it's not for me. But for those that are, it's a great deal.